• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

adrenal fatigue or what else?

BillytK03

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Has anyone suffered from adrenal fatigue? and if so what are the signs and how did you recover if at all?

I feel so run down, ephedra does nothing for me anymore, I take it and no energy! I never abused ephedra I only take it once a day and only on workout days which are 3 on and 1 or 2 off............

are there any supplements to help with this? at first I thought it was thyroid but tests come back normal! I have been under alot of stress the past 2-3 years with work and relationship with crazy latina girlfriend which recently ended! any ideas or suggestions?

BillytK03 said:
Has anyone suffered from adrenal fatigue? and if so what are the signs and how did you recover if at all?

I feel so run down, ephedra does nothing for me anymore, I take it and no energy! I never abused ephedra I only take it once a day and only on workout days which are 3 on and 1 or 2 off............

are there any supplements to help with this? at first I thought it was thyroid but tests come back normal! I have been under alot of stress the past 2-3 years with work and relationship with crazy latina girlfriend which recently ended! any ideas or suggestions?

Dumping the Girl was a postive start :thumb:
TRouble posted a very informative post just the other day that may be beneficial to you with a list of supplments and lifestyle modifications that may be help a general overall stressed system. That may pertain to you with a few modifications that she could recommend. Since coming to this board I thought that simple adrenal fatigue just required a few lifestyle changes and some supplements. I never knew the complexity of the biologocal adapations that take place which lead into the adrenal fatigue and therefore neither do over 75% of traditional drs. Having a conditons is one thing, but understanding the mechanism that preceeded and accompany it is a science in it self.

Last edited:
Han,

The real wierd thing is that ephedra has no effect on me anymore? How can ephedra have no effect, i never abused it! Adrenals I suppose are what respond to ephedra so I suppose it would make sense that if my adrenals are exhausted ephedra wouldnt work anymore! correct? I experimented with taking armour thyroid a few months back and I seemed to have energy but I dont want to mess up my endocrine system if that wasnt the problem to begin with! I suppose having a very strict diet and being stressed for # of years finally took its toll on me! Awhile back I had discussed with you and trouble my possible mono symptons/cfs etc...... but now Im convinced it additionally may be adrenal related as well! Im not suffering from the strength loss anymore that I was experiencing when I had mono symptoms, now its more endurance and stamina related! Like I said, ephedra is not giving me any energy what-so-ever!

Stop the ephederine would be a wise thing to due, and i would not supplement caffine in place of it. One bad habit to substute for another. If you look at the core of the problem is excessive stress on the HPA axis. Stress reduction and life style modifications would be the best start to helping to rebuild your system untill more information is known. If you are on a have been on a low carb diet you may want to try to balance things back out with a more "Balanced approach" for now. To find out if you actually have adrenal fatigue there are salvia test that you may want to look into verify this. Your dr could order the test, but most traditional drs will not accept a salvia test as verification, but you could try. If your dr like mine is very open minded you may want to look into an organic acid test with all what has been going on. This test will give more of an indication what is going on at cellular level and will provide a much broader picture. Some thing that can be discussed with your dr. Some insurance will cover them if you are lucky. If I remeber right you are currently taking fish oils and a good multivitmain correct? Are you digesting your food ok and how well are you sleeping...If your sleep patterns are out of balance it will really affect your adrenals because they repair when we sleep. If you are uplate and night your body can not recooperate. People need to get into good sleep habits be in bed by 10 am and up at 6 am and keep this pattern each day of the week if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah I am taking 6-8 grams fish oil a day, b-100 complex 2x a day, multi-vitamin 2x a day, vit c 3x a day, vit e 400iu 2-3x a day, magnesium 800mg 3x a day, flax seed grain 2x a day........

I am gonna cut out the ephedra and caffiene immediately and replace with Arginine (NO2) and tyrosine and creatine.........

I only used the ephedra and caffeine for the energy it gave me but I think it may be hindering me more and adding to my stress and cortisol levels.....

800 mgs of magnesium 3 times a day I bet you are on the shitter the whole tiime. You may want to cut that in half and make sure it is balanced with calcium. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing and it all comes back to balance again. Excess of one mineral can cause imbalances of others, Magnesium helps to suppresses excessive adrenaline, but i do not know if the amount you are taking could be interfering with its production. Fish oils also suppress cortisol as well. When magnesum is high it can displace potassium so i hope you are taking in fruits veggies and grains. One thing I learn is keep minerals in a nice balance and over time any deficeincy will correct them selves.

I only recently started taking magnesium about 2 weeks ago! Im hoping that cutting out the stimulants will help? the only thing that sux is that when I take ephedra I get that feel good mentalily and rush to tear the weights up! Psyching myself up to workout will be the hardest thing not using ephedra or caffeine.......

Tyrosine will help the withdrawl may be 500 mgs x 2 times a day should be optimal to start with (more is not better) May be try some green tea before a workout it contains alittle bit of caffine but not as much as what you were taking to help you ease off the anticpated crash. Theanine, gabba, samme, zinc, and tyrosine, P5P, coenzyme b complexes are good (source natural) incase liver is malfunctioning which over half bodybuilders have and do not know it and some adaptagens would be good, but not licorace root untill you know what your levels are high or low. It is very tricky to know..people assume they are high, but in reality they are low. So you do not want to shift it too much one way or the other, but normalize it if you can If your digestion is fuck up might want to try digestive enzymes (make sure it has ox bile in it). After you eat try to go for a good 10 minute walk I find this helps a lot and during that time try to think about nothing stressful. Look at it as your brief escape and me time. Theanine with the tyrosine, samme will help to balance out your dopamine and sertonin level which the caffine and ephederine have most likely depleted. Theanine makes you feel really good very calm and relaxed buy mind clear and sharp. i tried 5 htp did not do shit and actualy gave me insomnia because i could not convert it to serotonin due to lack of something LOL. I am going to shut up right now before trouble ripps me a new asshole..

Last edited:
[I am gonna cut out the ephedra and caffiene immediately and replace with Arginine (NO2) and tyrosine and creatine.........

Before adding in stuff wait untill trouble responds. Some times we think we are doing the right thing, but later find out it only aggravated the situation. I read something relating to adrenals and NO2, chronic fatigue so i would hold off on that. creatine may not be bad idea but moderation is the key. I will see if I can dig it up

http://www.highbeam.com/library/docFree.asp?DOCID=1G1:79757220

The authors write: "...elevated peroxynitrite increases the levels of both nitric oxide and superoxide, reacting to form more peroxynitrite.. By this vicious cycle mechanism, once the cycle is established, elevated levels of peroxynitrite and other components of this mechanism, notably nitric oxide, superoxide, and inflammatory cytokines, may produce the symptoms of CFS. Because the biochemical mechanisms involved here are not highly tissue-specific, some variation in tissue distribution of elevated peroxynitrite may produce the differences in symptoms often seen between, for example, classic cases of CFS and MCS."

Last edited:
Wow! my workouts sure do suck now that I am not using ephedra/caffiene!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Might be good to take a week off or pull back on intensity for a while let body heal and balance it self. Do not overstress an already stressed system. "don' beat an already dead horse" is a good analogy

Its hard for me not to go to the gym but I am doing a little lighter and less intense workout in the meantime!

You control the situation. It does not control you. Take it easy and let your body recooperate other wise you could be doing more damage then good. May be go 2-3 times a week for a few weeks but keep up the cardio but not hard. Go walk out side or to a park let your mind relax and enjoy the scenery (even though the gym i am sure has good ass) you need a change for a while do you good. It all does us good even though we bitch in the beginning. Go hit some golf balls, goto the beach take in the salt air. First thing the ND said was sit back and relax enjoy life and your surroundings. I was thinking the FUCK is this guy talking about. All I could picture is frank zane LOL me out in middle of east bumble fuck playing a harmonica and chanting. life is too short enjoy it while you can. Another 10 years shit load of people are going to be were are now. Look at it this way we are having are mid life crisis 20 years early. So take this opprotunity and learn from it. When people are scratching their heads asking themselves "what is wrong with me" we will just be kicking back and just laughing at them saying "you should have listen when we told you so"

Hello, I'm new to this forum but not new to this topic. I usually post on A. Minds and registered here to gain a new perspective on this topic. I see that some people have used Reset Ad and seen okay results. What other products have you used? I am a huge advocate of the ECA stack but experience tolerance & adrenal fatigue to the max. My old trainer said he tried a product called ampheta restore and said it cleaned out his receptors better than Reset. Has anyone else tried it?

Hello, I'm new to this forum but not new to this topic. I usually post on A. Minds and registered here to gain a new perspective on this topic. I see that some people have used Reset Ad and seen okay results. What other products have you used? I am a huge advocate of the ECA stack but experience tolerance & adrenal fatigue to the max. My old trainer said he tried a product called ampheta restore and said it cleaned out his receptors better than Reset. Has anyone else tried it?

Yeah, I have been on Ampheta-Restore for a week or so now. I have noticed a big difference in my body's reaction to stimulants. Coffee, caffeine, and no explode all have their kick back!

I'm a big fan of the ECA stack, and I know what it's like to develop a tolerance for it after several weeks. If I remember correctly, it continues to work for obese people even after a tolerance is developed. But it stinks not to get a "kick" from it anymore.

What I've always done is use ECA when I'm low carb dieting. I go off low carb and ECA at the same time, which takes some of the edge off withdrawal (though withdrawal is usually mild for me).

I'd recommend you ween yourself off of ephedrine. Go to a half dose for a week, then cut it out altogether.

As as side note, I'm completely unimpressed with nitric oxide supplements.

Well right now I am dealing with full blown adrenal fatigue due to years of ECA stack.. If you want to continue this behavior be my guess because most likely you will end up being one of the hundreds of my clients that are dealing with hormone and adrenal related issue. It is not a pretty sight and can take several years to recovery.

Yeah, I have been on Ampheta-Restore for a week or so now. I have noticed a big difference in my body's reaction to stimulants. Coffee, caffeine, and no explode all have their kick back!

I wonder if this could hinder ephedrines pro-metabolic effect.

Back