• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

nuva ring

jasone

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, hope my gf doesn't read this. She is now using this form of birth controll. I'm just wondering if any men here have experienced side effects from having sex with a woman on this. Lack of libido during sex and the inability to climax has been an issue with me since she got off the pill and began the nuva ring. This product releases estrogen steadily up to three weeks. My fear is that during sex I might be absorbing some of this estrogen therefore killing my drive. This has not been a problem until she started this method. I am on no other medication.
thanks

I highly doubt that your estrogen levels are raising due the BC. If anything, you may be nervous about the accuracy of the new Birth Control and this may affect you and your sexual drive.

On a side note: Tell your GF to get off of birth control. It's a killer and will fuck up her hormones and cause problems later in her life.

jasone said:
Well, hope my gf doesn't read this. She is now using this form of birth controll. I'm just wondering if any men here have experienced side effects from having sex with a woman on this. Lack of libido during sex and the inability to climax has been an issue with me since she got off the pill and began the nuva ring. This product releases estrogen steadily up to three weeks. My fear is that during sex I might be absorbing some of this estrogen therefore killing my drive. This has not been a problem until she started this method. I am on no other medication.
thanks
Use a condom son.....she can not be trusted!!!

Jodi said:
I highly doubt that your estrogen levels are raising due the BC. If anything, you may be nervous about the accuracy of the new Birth Control and this may affect you and your sexual drive.

On a side note: Tell your GF to get off of birth control. It's a killer and will fuck up her hormones and cause problems later in her life.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The side effects of birth control can ruin a women's hormones for the rest of her life. Buy stock in Trojan. ;)

ForemanRules said:
Use a condom son.....she can not be trusted!!!
BULLSHIT! Not every women wants to pop out child to trap a man. :rolleyes:

Jodi said:
The side effects of birth control can ruin a women's hormones for the rest of her life. Buy stock in Trojan. ;)
If they smoke and are older then yes the pill can be bad. I would love to see the male birth controll pill used in Europe approved here soon.

ForemanRules said:
If they smoke and are older then yes the pill can be bad. I would love to see the male birth controll pill used in Europe approved here soon.
No that is wrong. It can affect any women at any age no matter how healthy they are. I went through hell and still deal with problems due to birth control and this is while I was in my early 20's too. I know of many women that have gone through similar issues.

I have had sex with dozens of women on the pill and not one had a complaint about it or problems with it.

Many women don't notice the side effects for years to come. Trust me, this stuff is no good! BC does cause a wide variety of hormonal changes that can cause anything from mood swings, cancer, low libido. Not to mention lowers T and kills strength gains and endurance. These are documented facts, not speculation ;)

IML Gear Cream!
It is documented to be safe. On a side note I did date several women who had very bad reactions to condoms....have to go with what works for you.

ForemanRules said:
It is documented to be safe. On a side note I did date several women who had very bad reactions to condoms....have to go with what works for you.

Allergic to latex perhaps? I personally would never have sex with a girl without a condom. Whether she says she's on the pill or not. Not that I don't trust the girl, but better safe then sorry.

Bottom line boys....never dip your wick without a condom!!! Many women will get pregnant on purpose and many have VD. Better safe then dead.

Well, I'm just a poor ole musician and she knows that. I doubt she would see me as a viable candidate for child support. Lot's of rich assholes around here would easily fall for this lady if she wanted to pull anything.
Back to topic, this type of birth controll is much safer on women and reliable than the pill. She reports fewer mood swings and is happy with the treatment. I'm guessing the pill distributes the hormone throughout the body by the digestive track into the blood. The Nuba Ring does this through insert in the vigana and works quickly. In fact, if it is removed for more than 3 hours her period could begin and a new ring would have to be used after a few days. If this drug is so powerful to act so quickly imagine what an hour or more sex could do to me. I feel the ring during sex and can only imagine that the estrogen released could be entering through my pp hole.
It's probably all in my head but can't help but wonder. Surely the makers of this device took men in consideration.
thanks

jasone said:
Well, I'm just a poor ole musician and she knows that. I doubt she would see me as a viable candidate for child support. Lot's of rich assholes around here would easily fall for this lady if she wanted to pull anything.
Back to topic, this type of birth controll is much safer on women and reliable than the pill. She reports fewer mood swings and is happy with the treatment. I'm guessing the pill distributes the hormone throughout the body by the digestive track into the blood. The Nuba Ring does this through insert in the vigana and works quickly. In fact, if it is removed for more than 3 hours her period could begin and a new ring would have to be used after a few days. If this drug is so powerful to act so quickly imagine what an hour or more sex could do to me. I feel the ring during sex and can only imagine that the estrogen released could be entering through my pp hole.
It's probably all in my head but can't help but wonder. Surely the makers of this device took men in consideration.
thanks
She just might want a baby with you.....good luck trusting her, and in America you have 0 rights when it comes to children and marrage. Many women get knocked up by poor guys......oh well it's your problem not mine.

ForemanRules said:
No it's not. It's actually scientific studies and tests that have proven what I said above. It goes far beyond "CYA" it's a very big problem actually. Why do think they are coming out with so many non-hormonal options? Because so many women are paying the price now.

Yes, that would be women allergic to latex. They have condoms out there made from microsheer polyurethane for those allergic to latex.

jasone said:
thanks
It is very unlikely and I mean very unlikely that your body is absorbing the estrogen. I think you are working yourself up over nothing and this is probably what is causing your performance issues.

The nuvaring doesn't act as quickly as you think. It actually has half the ethinyl estradiol than the birth control pill does plus you have the potential of it falling out during intercourse. Then you have to use an alternative method of birth control for 7 days anyway because it's no longer safe against pregnancy. It takes 7 days to re-establish the correct amount of estrogen if the ring is removed for more than an hour or so.

No hormonal birth control is safe. NONE WHAT SO EVER! Use Condoms!

Jodi said:
No it's not. It's actually scientific studies and tests that have proven what I said above. It goes far beyond "CYA" it's a very big problem actually. Why do think they are coming out with so many non-hormonal options? Because so many women are paying the price now.

Yes, that would be women allergic to latex. They have condoms out there made from microsheer polyurethane for those allergic to latex.
I was not talking about the nuva ring being safe, what I ment is the pill was safe. Women have 15+ options for birth control....men have only one......other than become celibite or neutered.

ForemanRules said:
I was not talking about the nuva ring being safe, what I ment is the pill was safe. Women have 15+ options for birth control....men have only one......other than become celibite or neutered.
dont forget "pulling out"!!

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
Birth control Pill is WORSE than the nuva ring!

My X was on the nuva ring, and loved it. and i highly doubt it would fall out during intercourse.. unless she has a HUGE gap. The ring expands pretty big..

And it could cause problems later in life.. I have no idea.

Jodi said:
Birth control Pill is WORSE than the nuva ring!
Well I'm getting snipped so problem solved.

ForemanRules said:
Thats the way to solve that problem :)

Women have a new option for permanent birth control. Tubal ligation is just awful but they have a new option called Essure. www.essure.com I'm going to see my doctor about that :D

ForemanRules said:

How can you let any man near your penis with a sharp object. :barf:

jasone said:
thanks

This is direct from the NUva-Ring package insert,

"If NuvaRing slips out of the vagina and it has been out less than 3 hours, you should still be prorected from pregnancy. NuvaRing can be rinsed with cool to lukewarm water and reinserted as soon as possible, and at the latest within 3 hours of removal or expulsion (slipping out). "

"If the ring has been out of the vagina for more than 3 continous hours during 1st or 2nd week of use, contraceptive effectiveness may be reduced. Reinsert ring as soon as you remember and use extra method of birth control."

"If the ring has been out of the vagina for more than 3 continous hours during the 3rd week, throw ring away and choose one of the following two options:
1.Insert a new ring and start a new 3 week cycle or
2. Allow period to start and insert a new ring 7 days from time last ring was removed or slipped out."

Note: "Menstral period will usually start 2-3 days after the ring is removed."

Doses of hormones in the ring: delivers 0.120 mg etonogestrel (a progestin)& 0.015 mg ethinyl estradiol (estrogen)per day.

Also note, even with oral birth control, mestral periods usually start 2-3 days after the last pill is taken. The chances you are absorbing any hormones from the ring during sex is extremely slim. MOst likely the problems youare having are self induced.

PreMier said:
My X was on the nuva ring, and loved it. and i highly doubt it would fall out during intercourse.. unless she has a HUGE gap. The ring expands pretty big..

And it could cause problems later in life.. I have no idea.

The ring is at most a 2 inch O ring and I hate to burst your bubble Premier, but a huge gap is not needed. I'm very petite and I've had guys cause the ring to slip out. It all depends on the guy and the positions.

ForemanRules said:

:clapping: Now if only more men would select that option.

Jodi said:
Women have a new option for permanent birth control. Tubal ligation is just awful but they have a new option called Essure. www.essure.com I'm going to see my doctor about that

I'm going to have to look into that. I've already discussed a complete hysterectomy with my doc, but I know given my history hormone replacement will be a must. I'm one that birth control really helped my hormones balance out and even low dose estrogen helps prevent my migraine headaches.

Jodi said:
Thats the way to solve that problem :)

Women have a new option for permanent birth control. Tubal ligation is just awful but they have a new option called Essure. www.essure.com I'm going to see my doctor about that :D

Jodi,

This is cool. I hope it works as well as they say it does.

I have tried to communicate to my girlfriend the long term risks inherent in using hormonal birth control pills, but she is not as open minded in this area as she is in others. In fact, she said the only reason she started it was because they make her periods milder. That surprised me as she is very anti-drug/anti-supplement in general.

On a side note, what do think about the copper T IUD's? The only bad things I have heard are that they can make a woman's period worse. At least it is highly effective and not hormonal.

Like you, I don't want to have children. I also wouldn't trust a condom+spermicide alone. It only takes one mistake and condoms themselves can be unrealiable unless both partners take time to consider the risks and act very carefully. I think two methods are needed and one of the better be 99%+ effective.

Cardinal said:
Jodi,

This is cool. I hope it works as well as they say it does.

I have tried to communicate to my girlfriend the long term risks inherent in using hormonal birth control pills, but she is not as open minded in this area as she is in others. In fact, she said the only reason she started it was because they make her periods milder. That surprised me as she is very anti-drug/anti-supplement in general.

On a side note, what do think about the copper T IUD's? The only bad things I have heard are that they can make a woman's period worse. At least it is highly effective and not hormonal.

Like you, I don't want to have children. I also wouldn't trust a condom+spermicide alone. It only takes one mistake and condoms themselves can be unrealiable unless both partners take time to consider the risks and act very carefully. I think two methods are needed and one of the better be 99%+ effective.
Get a vasectomy quick or you will have kids soon.

Back