• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is it OK to eat out of whack once a week?

Akash

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi, I would like to know if eating out of whack once a week is OK? I know metabolism slows down after your 20's but I'm 18, I work out 5 times a week, started to do tae-bo on saturday, and do cardio on the cross-country machine 3 times a week usually approx. 30 mins.

Foods like cake, mini-chocolates, sundaes, donuts (boston cream), chips, fries, cookies, brownies, etc.

Thanks.

I think it depends on what your goals are and where you're at...
If you are planning on competing and comp date is near, obviously 'no'. If you are just striving to be fit, want to live life fairly normal and you are at a good bf%, then I don't see anything wrong with that. I personally need a free day or free meals once a week to keep sanity. Just my take others will have other opinions....

Welcome Akash :)

I eat like crap from friday to sunday life is too short and i dont make a living bodybuildng. I stay active and eat good all week. i have been under 10% bf for the last 10 years. so eat out drink up stay out late and have fun!!!

i pick one day out of the week to eat what i want. instead of a whole pizza,like i did in the past on cheat days, i am only eating 3 slices. but while dieting for a show, no cheat days.if you give in once, it makes you weak.

Last edited:
Definitely have a cheat day once a week if you need it. It makes the rest of the week tolerable even if you have a cheat meal that you don't worry about. It also makes you feel and look like less of a fanatic if you have to go out to eat or something like that. As was said earlier, moderation is the key. Just don't go crazy.

A cheat day is a great idea- because if you don't indulge a little you are more likely to stop altogether or binge. An even better idea is a cheat MEAL once a week as opposed to a cheat "day". And a cheat DAY once a month. This will help your body stay on track a little better.

Cheat days are dangerous for some people because they are tempted to continue into a "cheat weekend" and then possibly a "cheat week." etc. If you can keep it to a day, or even better, a meal, that's perfectly fine.
CKDs include a carb up day that can feel like a semi-cheat, and it works great for many people, so I'm biased towards it in particular.

Originally posted by Leslie2196
A cheat day is a great idea- because if you don't indulge a little you are more likely to stop altogether or binge. An even better idea is a cheat MEAL once a week as opposed to a cheat "day". And a cheat DAY once a month. This will help your body stay on track a little better.
Sounds like a GREAT plan to me :D

Animal

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by sawheet
I eat like crap from friday to sunday life is too short and i dont make a living bodybuildng. I stay active and eat good all week.

What he said.

But I am not a bodybuilder or a fitness competitor. I am just a dude who lifts weights to stay healthy.

Originally posted by lina
Oh, yes. Moderation is the key too! ;)

Yes moderation is the key. You can eat and cheat once in a while but don't live with it.

Back