• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How much protien?

buff_tat2d_chic

Tat2d Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I would like to know what the recommended daily amount of protien is. I have looked on the internet, but can't find anyone who agrees.

I've looked around for that same info. On one website the recommened daily intake of protein for an adult male was 70 to 80 grams. But that was for some one who doesn't do body building and just wants regular health.
For building muscle I read in FHM Bionic that the recomended amount of protein was 1 gram per pound of body weight.
So if you're 180 pounds you need 180 grams of protein

..and dont you have to consume a particular amount of protien in a given time? For example every 3 hours or so cause body can only absorb so much in 3 hours and no point getting more during that 3 hours!

Basically yes, but nobody knows what that majic # of g`s able to be absorbed is.

Get your daily total and divide it by the # of meals you consume......hopefully 6

Eg...If you are say 180lb, X by 1.5 ish = around 270g of protien per day divide it by 6 = around 40-45g of protien per meal.

Originally posted by newly_buff
I would like to know what the recommended daily amount of protien is. I have looked on the internet, but can't find anyone who agrees.
Nobody does agree!!! If you want an average figure take 1.5g/lb bodyweight, some go as high as 2g and other's 1g or lower, the key is experitmentation. I'd start @ 1.5g and see how you go from there!

Animal

The things I have read indicate that only 30 grams of protein can be absorbed by the body every three hours. Therefore the maximum amount of protein one body could absorb is 240 grams, which is still quite a bit. The RDA is .83 grams per KILO of bodyweight, but of course that is for sedentary people. That amount can be bumped up to 1.6-1.8 grams per kilo for active people, which works out to just under 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. Personally I have bumped my intake recently up to over 1 gram per pound and I'm seeing decent results.

Any thoughts on the reference above? I got that out of a textbook on physiology, and have read it from other sources too, but I'd love to hear other's opinions.

I have no references at all, though TCD might have saying one or the other, BUT my personal opinion is that 30g is BS!

I don`t see how a 100lb woman that doesn`t workout, could digest the same amount per 3 hours as a 250lb guy busting his balls in the gym......I think post work out is one particular time when your body can absorb way more than 30g.......IMHO :)

Well said!!!:D

Back