PDA

View Full Version : For those who order gear via Mail

musclepump
01-04-2007, 04:04 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070104/ap_on_go_pr_wh/opening_the_mail

Interesting read and something to keep an eye on

BoneCrusher
01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Not that BushCo is tring to remove what little remains of our rights and burn the constituition or anything ...

oaktownboy
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
"Postal Vice President Tom Day added: "As has been the long-standing practice, first-class mail is protected from unreasonable search and seizure when in postal custody. Nothing in the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act changes this protection. The president is not exerting any new authority.""

doesn't sound like news to me

musclepump
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
If you believe what they're saying to be true. A good point was made; if it doesn't change anything, why a new bill?

icanrace
01-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I think Dubya should be thinking about other stuff than signing a new bill that has to do with our mail..............................frickin idiot

Ironhorse
01-17-2007, 02:04 AM
The post master called me once. It was an express that I sent, with my real phone number, as well as the real phone number of the recipient. The post master on the other end asked if he could open the parcel because a damn dog sniffed it, I told him no, and he should call the recipient to ask for permission. He tried to make me say yes, but I held firm. I called the recipient the next day and he said he was never called. I called the post master back and he said he had let the package go ten minutes after calling me. The jist of the story is that when I packed the package I was eating a chicken breast for lunch, probably what stopped the dog in his tracks, and the only thing in the package was a fat caliper and some dated software.... Nothing even close to illegal.
HTH

Pepper
01-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Typical.

I'll be a Democrat before this administation ends.

Ugh.

BigDyl
01-17-2007, 08:26 AM
This is too political for me to comment on in this section.