• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

soreness

james_75

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
yesterday our coach had us do the hardest workouti think we have ever had to do i woke up this mornin and i am so sore...i like that though.....but my question is....should you always be sore after a workout and if im not does that mean i did to little

describe the workout ?

ok well we did.....3x10 bench ,3x10 millitary,4x10 lat pulldown 3x10 tri exstension than he sent us to the leg room where we did 3x15 leg press than 3x15 leg curl than 3x15 extension ...than weighted lunges...than he took us back for strip set curls than pushups..this was the longest workout we have ever had and he usually dosent work us this much and i was lifting a lot more intense and was pushed more b/c i just bumpoed upo another group b/c my gains have increased and im lifting mor ethan the others i used to lift w/ ....

It doesn't mean you did too little. Personally I like to be at least a little sore after a workout. Lets me know I did something.

DOMS is not a pre-requisite for muscular hypertrophy or strength gains.
Although I'm sore as Hell after every workout! One portion of my body or another has be crippled almost everyday for the last 12yrs. :thumb:
An old friend and one time training partner would only get mild soreness, sometimes not at all. He has tons of muscle. Much of it has to do with genetics.
But you must also take into account anytime you introduce a different training stimulus or new activity you may experience extreme soreness.

Mick

I am always sore after a super intense workout that is out of my normal workout. If it is the same workout I am not sore unless I really, really pushed myself and upped the weight A LOT. I also get sore when I start a new exercise or workout. Eventually I don't get SO sore...just mildly.

I LOVE BEING SORE...IT FEELS GREAT!!!:thumb:

genetics and post workout nutrition (and nutrition in general) have a lot to do with the amount of soreness that a person may feel.

Originally posted by LAM
genetics and post workout nutrition (and nutrition in general) have a lot to do with the amount of soreness that a person may feel.

Then I hate my genetics!!!!!!!!!!! I truly believe my off season diet is much better than most people in any gym. I've been at this crap for a long time and I think I have it down. BUT HOLY SHIT DO I GET SORE!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the legs and ass!!! But I???m stronger and bigger every year so I must be doing something right.
:thumb:

Soreness is not always necessary in order to induce muscle growth as although we might not FEEL sore, if we inserted a biopsy needle into our muscles we would find that there might be significant muscle damage.

Still, I would attempt to get sore at every workout for optimum hypertrophy.

Back