• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Achilles Teninosis

tucker01

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone else have experience with this?

I think mine started with a shoe issue. Stupid Nike Shocks

Started a couple of summers ago, playing ball hockey.

Now I throw in Baseball. So I am sore for a few days and hobbling to get better in time to play ball hockey, get sore and then better in time to play ball again.

Shoes seem like they could be an aggrivating factor.

Now it seems like a chronic thing, every summer I have to deal with it.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

What sort of remedies do you use?

tendinosis or tendinitis? two different things....

rest, ice.

if it is tendinosis, try and find someone that does ASTYM treatments in your area (it is a relatively new modality so it may be hard to find someone around there).

What is the difference?

I thought they were the same?

Basic symptoms are soreness after Baseball and hockey for a few days. Usually the worst in the AM.

What is the difference?

I thought they were the same?

Basic symptoms are soreness after Baseball and hockey for a few days. Usually the worst in the AM.

itis- has to do with inflamation of the tissue.

osis- has to do with a microtearing of the tissue (at the cellular level) creating scaring, impeding range of motion, causing pain and disomfort and is typically void of inflamation (like itis).

It is hard sometimes to tell them apart. Tendinosis is tougher to treat because there aren't very many modalities to help the tissue rebuild itself in the proper manner (that is why ASTYM can work).

rest and ice though. let the pain subside.

Take a dixie cup (you probably have some with little kids around) and fill it with water. Put it in the fridge and let it freeze. Then, take it out and peel back part of the top of the cup, exposing some ice. Ice massage your achilles tendon. You can tell how inflamed it is by the rate at which the ice starts to melt. If you are very inflammed, your ice will melt quickly because the tedon is conducting a lot of heat. Make small circular movements around the tendon. Do this a few tims a day.

Back