• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Critique My Routine

Hattrick

A little bigger every day
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was hoping that anyone here could provide some feedback on my routine. I am trying to bulk up, that is why I have kept the reps in the 8-10 range, with 3 sets per excercise.

Day 1
Back/Bi's
Deadlifts
Cable Rows
Hammer Strenght Iso Row
Pull downs
Cable Concentration curl
Cable Hammercurl
If I am feeling strong i'll through in another 3 sets of curls 8-10

Day2
Legs
The first thing I know you'll say, is that I left out squats. The problem is, an old injury prevents me from doing them.
Hack squat
Leg press
Leg extensions
Hamstring curl
Standing Calf Raise
Day3
Off
Day4
Chest/Tri's
Incline bench
flat bench
Decline bench
Flys or Cable Crossover
Cable Pressdown
Reverse grip pulldown
single arm pressdowns
Day 5
off
Day 6
Arms and Shoulders,
Same bi and tri excercises as above with more weight.
Seated millitary press
front lat raise
side lat raise
shrugs.-I do traps on shoulder day, as I feel they get hit well on back day with the deadlifts.
Day 7 off.

The reason for working bi's/tri's twice a week, is because i feel they are really lacking, and affecting all my push excercises. What are your comments. Any are appreciated. Thanks Bro's!

first of all, for back, i would drop the iso row crap and throw in some barbell rows. and for biceps drop the cables. use barbell curls and dumbell curls, and preacher curls and hammer curls. your chest routine is fine. for triceps only do close-grip bench, skull-crushers, and tricep extensions. your triceps will grow and be more beefier. and throw in some bent over raises for your rear delts. and i prefer to superset shrugs with upright rows. other than that it looks good to me. but i would do 4 sets of each exercise.

---------------------------------------------
LOW VOLUME TRAINING IS FOR WUSSIES WITH NO HEART!!!

[This message has been edited by IRON PIMPER (edited 12-20-2000).]

I agree with Iron Pimper, start using some more free weights, especially for bi's and tri's. Also, decline bench is not usually necessary unless you have trouble developing your lower pecs, because flat bench works most peoples lower chest enough.

Definetly do four sets for most of those excersises.

Also, why do you do bi's and tri's twice a week and everything else only once a week?

-Crowman

------------------
MASS ABOVE ALL

Crowman,
The reason for doing bi's and tri's twice a week, is that i feel they are lagging behind my other muscle groups.
The reason i've been using a lot of machines is due to the old injury mentioned earlier. I have staples in both shoulders, and was staying away from free weights. I have limited joint ROM, and the machines felt safer. the last thing i need is to dislocate my shoulders under heavy load. It's been two years though since i last dislocated, and i think you're right. i'll try working more freeweights into my routine, with lighter weight for now. Let you know how it goes. Any more thoughts?

Yep.

Day 1 looks OK, I'd drop a row for a shrug - and I'd do a couple of sets of BB curls, and a coupld of sets of hammer curls and call it a day.

Day 2 - Does your injury also exclude SLDL? If not I'd add them in. Looks OK.

(I would suggest you reorganize your routine a bit. I would not want legs the day after back.)

Day 4 - I'd drop the declines, and you only need to do one version of the pressdown. If you want another tricep movement, do an OH extension or CG bench.

Day 6 - I would drop this day completely and move shoulders to the push day.

If that is not an option, I would move the shrug to back day, and the same suggestions for arms stand.

Focus on progressing every workout, either weight or reps have to go up every week.

Paul,

Thanks for the input. No the injury doesn't affect SLDL. I'll try them out. I like to work my shoulders on a seperate day, as they are cooked after push day. I can't hardly lift anything, but on a seperate day, i feel i can work them pretty well. Does this make sense, or do you still feel i should do what I can on push day. As always, respect your opinion Paul.

[This message has been edited by Hattrick (edited 12-27-2000).]

I would drop your days you hit the iron down to 3 and focus more on promoting recovery.

For the most part I like it. I have been looking for a 4 day a week routine to replace my 5 day a week I'm doing now. I'd have to change day one to chest/tri's because I just have to work chest Monday and I would do more free weights but all in all I like it.

IML Gear Cream!
Eat and take juice and it will work... cut it down to basic mass exersises dont take steriods and eat + rest and it will work

Uzi9 said:
Eat and take juice and it will work... cut it down to basic mass exersises dont take steriods and eat + rest and it will work
I think he may have figured that out in the past 4+ years since he posted this thread. :D

BulkMeUp said:
I think he may have figured that out in the past 4+ years since he posted this thread. :D
He may still be living in the past

Back