• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lilfting Split

barc77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lifting Split

I was looking for some feed back on a new split I was going to try out. I was lifting 2 days a week with chest/bis/tri one one day, and back/legs/shoulders on the otherday.

Here are my ideas for a 3 day split.
monday, legs/shoulders

squat, leg curls, leg ext., calfs / military, side lats.

Wed., chest/tri's
flat bench 3sets, alternate btw. incline, decline 2 sets per week, flys / close grip bench, scull crushers or pushdowns

Fri or sat., back and bi's

Deads, rows, lat pull downs/ mix of 2 excercises 3 sets each bb curls, preacher, db curls, hammer curls.

Most all lifts are 3 sets 8-10 reps with increasing weight, lower reps.
I am not sure how much volume to do for back though sets/reps?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited:
Overall it looks ok. 12 sets on bi`s is a lot of volume that would kill me, 4-6 sets for me would do it, especially after doing your back. If your doing 2 sets each on tri`s that is fine but if it`s 3 set`s each for some that would be a little heavy. For back 3 sets for each is fine.

Re: Lifting Split

Originally posted by barc77
I was looking for some feed back on a new split I was going to try out. I was lifting 2 days a week with chest/bis/tri one one day, and back/legs/shoulders on the otherday.

Here are my ideas for a 3 day split.
monday, legs/shoulders

squat, leg curls, leg ext., calfs / military, side lats.

Wed., chest/tri's
flat bench 3sets, alternate btw. incline, decline 2 sets per week, flys / close grip bench, scull crushers or pushdowns

Fri or sat., back and bi's

Deads, rows, lat pull downs/ mix of 2 excercises 3 sets each bb curls, preacher, db curls, hammer curls.

Most all lifts are 3 sets 8-10 reps with increasing weight, lower reps.
I am not sure how much volume to do for back though sets/reps?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

IMO, I wouldn't do chest 2 days after shoulders. You use alot of shoulder in your chest workout. For me, it wouldn't be enough rest time for my shoulders.

TJohn

IMO, if your really putting your all into every one of your workouts, then your probably pretty sore most of your days.

I worked a routine where I did the whole body 3 times per week, with a morning and night workout, with 1 day off per week. I grew like crazy, but I ate and slept ALOT, and yes I was mildly sore most of the time, as well as got alot of stretch marks just about everywhere. The bulgarians are supposedly the people that started these kind of workouts, supposedly under the belief that the body actually recouperates in 3 hours if you treat the body right.

For most people though I think these kind of routines are a mistake, I'm now on a 4 on 1 off program which is easier to deal with, and I still make gains. You have to be die hard to do a genuine program like the above, and I have a hard time believing that most anyone can put up with it and not just be dicking off in the gym, with a poor performance to time ratio. I could be wrong of course, but unless your getting a 1/4" on your arm every 2-4 weeks, I dont think your doing it "right". It may sound assinine to most, but I made those kind of gains on that kind of program, 6 on 1 off split.

Originally posted by Shmoo
Overall it looks ok. 12 sets on bi`s is a lot of volume that would kill me, 4-6 sets for me would do it, especially after doing your back. If your doing 2 sets each on tri`s that is fine but if it`s 3 set`s each for some that would be a little heavy. For back 3 sets for each is fine.

I agree 12 is alot for bi's. I was trying to say I picked 2 of thoes a week for a total of 5 or 6 sets a week. Then the next week I will pick a different 2 exercises.

Thanks for the advice.

Mudge,
Thanks for the advice. I am not sure what you mean by you are on 4 on 1 off. ( I am still pretty new at this ). I thought lifting each body part once a week was what is recomended? Do you think taking longer rests inbetween lifting days would help. SO rather than lifting each body part once a week it goes to more like every 10 days. if you could give me some more info I would appreciate it.

When I was on your type of program, I was doing about 2 hours a day, split in two of course. Right now here is what I'm doing:

1) Chest - Tri
2) Back - Biceps - Forearms (not much here, 2 sets top/bottom and 1 farmers walk)
3) Shoulders - Traps - Neck (2/3 sets each of 4 sides neck)
4) Legs
5) Off

I add in Abs/Cardio (fat burning, not true cardio) as I see fit, usually though I keep legs day pretty open since thats the killer.

Back