• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How long?

TriZZle305

Go Away Body Fat
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How long does it take"generally speaking" for a proper cutting process to work... cutting out carbs and cranking up cardio and everything... i dont plan on doing it any time soon but i want to know now so when i start i will already be prepared

No idea. I'm on a low carb diet anyway. I'd be interested in the answer as well :)

Depends how fat you are.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Depends how fat you are.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :haha: :haha:

TCD, I think we should change your name to MOTO.

Originally posted by ponyboy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :haha: :haha:

TCD, I think we should change your name to MOTO.

Are you guys from TTZ?

Originally posted by TriZZle305
one more question to add: Can i still increase strength while i am cutting? i know my size will probably go down but my strength wont suffer will it?

To tell you the truth.
I tend to lose some strength when I am cutting.
Liftin on a low amount of carbs can be a real pain in the
ass sometimes.
Just keep the intensity cranked on high during all your workouts
and your strength will not diminish too much.
You should hit the weights with the mentality that you want
to get bigger and stronger even when you're cutting.
Eat to lose fat
Lift to gain mass.
Although it is nearly impossible to gain mass when cutting.

so how long to lose 3-5%? off of 13%

No way to tell you how long exactly.
There are two many factors that go into dropping BF %.
(Diet, Physical Activity, Metabolism etc, etc....)
Just keep your diet clean.
Cheating will only set you back in reaching your goals.
Have some carb up meals instead.
Stay away from the shitty junk food.
Aim to lose around 1 to 2 pounds a week.
Anymore than 2 pounds and you will probably be
losing some of that muscle.
Keep your goals in mind and you will reach them.
Lift and Diet Hard:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
one more question to add: Can i still increase strength while i am cutting? i know my size will probably go down but my strength wont suffer will it?

a cutting cycle is not the optimum time for increases in strength to occur as your caloric intake is restricted. your muscles need full glycogen stores for them to perform at optimum strength levels. some people claim to increase strength I belive it's manly from the diet being cleaned up and the body working more efficiently.

personally my max's go down big time, but since I'm training for hypertrophy it doesn't matter anymore.

regarding the time to drop the body fat it all depends, each person responds different and how you attack your cutting cycle will give varied results as well.

as a commom "rule of thumb" in this sport:

the faster weight loss occurs the more LBM will be lost, and the more rapid the weight gain the higher the fat to LBM ratio will be.

Hey Trizz how is it goin'
Just to let you know i'm about to start the process of cutting now.
Having dinner with my trainer tonight to talk about diet and prob drink too much wine for the kick off lol I think he's cutting for the same show (guest appearance)
I'm a bit ova 14% bf and wanna hit 3% for the show i think :eek: I'm logging my diary with diet (not good at the moment but changing from tomorrow) im also putting down my workout and reps so you will be able to see if my strength drops. I'm not too concerned about strength, just about keeping what little muscle mass i have lol
Anyway just thought i'd let you know that so you can follow along if you want.

yeah ill have to check out your diary for some ideas... i think im going to hold off on cutting and just try to mantain my bf percentage... strength is my priority i think ill have to wait until after foorball season start cutting so it wont affect my performance...

Just to let you know i wont be posting anything else in my diary except progress pics i think I posted my diet plan and got bagged on
The diet i posted is just for the next 2 weeks so that my trainer can asess what that is doing to my body but it would prob be a good base for what you want to do. But dont take my advise cause me or my trainer don't know what we're fuckin talkin about eh
Anyway go hard at what ever you do Train intense bro
And peace be da journey :thumb:

Back