• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anabolism

Twinklebell

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
interesting question/statement
I was thinking about that....many times

seems to me...let s say it like this....partly I agree with u..however..I believe it s possible to minimaze fat gains with proper diet...and some cardio..
of course some hardgainer...wouldn t want to include cardio...but little of it seems to me wouldn t do so much harm to muscle gain..yet could stop gaining too much fat

------------------
New kid on the board

Twinklebell, I agree that you can MINIMIZE fat gains in an anabolic state, but you cannot lose fat.

I know that in order to gain muscle mass you have to keep your body in a state of anabolism (tissue growth). However, I have heard people MISTAKENLY say that keeping your body in an anabolic state will help you gain muscle AND lose body fat. It is common knowledge that it is very difficult to gain significant muscle mass and lose body fat at the same time. Anabolism does not just mean muscle growth, but tissue growth in general including body fat. So in order to gain muscle you will also gain some fat. If you want to lose body fat then your body must be in a catabolic state. Therefore these people should indicate that anabolism promotes fat gain as well as muscle gain. Does anybody agree or disagree with me?

Well, I'm not a biochemist, but I think you're generalizing these two processes.

Anabolism and catabolism are necessary for metabolism to occur. Catabolism produces the free energy in the forms of ATP and NADPH that is required in order for anabolism to take place. Anabolism is where these small precurser molecules that are created during catabolism, get used to build macromolecules.

It's important to maintain the correct balance between anabolic and catabolic processes. An excess or a deficiency in either process is not healthy. It would create either an increase or decrease in red blood cells, resulting in gaining or losing too much weight.

(No, I did not copy/paste this, but I did have a reference for the technical crap!
smile.gif
)

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Prince got it well there, muscle cells are always catabolizing and recuilding themselves it's a process of maintenance.

Anabolism does promote fat storage as well, because of the simple fact that you have to eat more than you burn to gain, and less than you burn to lose. You *can* do both, because at certain times there is a nutrient partioning effect (more cals will go to muscle and away from fat), for example post workout and breakfast which is why these should be your biggest meals.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

It's inevitable that if you are trying to gain mass (naturally) you will gain some fat, and if you're trying to get lean, you will lose some muscle.

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Back