• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What are good lean steaks?

Akash

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey I want to incorporate steak into my diet, what are some good steak? I bought strip-loin so I have no clue if it's lean or not. Also what does the visible fat look like on a steak. Thanks.

Flank steak is pretty lean.

Visible fat? It's the non red stuff on the steak :D Seriously, you want to cut some of it off, but NOT all, otherwise it will taste like leather. Alot of cuts are "marbled". Don't bother trying to remove it all. Just remove the larger areas of fat.

top round is good also.

There are many misconceptions about what "eating smart" is, especially about red meat. According to the researchers, lean red meat can be easily incorporated into the diet, as there are a variety of lean cuts available in the meat case. Seven cuts of beef fall within the strict guidelines governing the "lean" designation as outlined in the 1990 Nutrition Labeling and Education Act. These cuts, on average, have 6.4 grams of total fat and 2.3 grams of saturated fat per 3-ounce cooked serving.

Researchers say that consumers looking for the leanest cuts should opt for those with the word loin or round in the name, like sirloin and eye of round. Trimming excess fat before cooking reduces fat up to 50 percent and added fat can be kept to a minimum by using low-fat cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling and roasting, or moist-heat cooking methods such as braising and stewing. Consumers should also remember that a 3-ounce portion of lean meat is equal in size to a deck of cards.

chart_thegoodnews.jpg

Originally posted by Dr. Pain
Baby, you rock! When you answer a question.....IT STAYS ANSWERED! :D (Mmmm...reminds me of another quote)

DP

I wonder what fuqqing quote you could be thinking of :grin:

w8, great post. Thanks!

I'm going to Ruth's Chris for my birthday next week. There ain't gonna be anything lean about THAT meal!

Definitely a great post w8:thumb:
Thanks for sharing.

Give me steak or give me death!!:)

w8, do you actually eat red meat? DP, do you? Do you really recommend it for anyone trying to eat 'clean'?

IML Gear Cream!
I eat red meat all the time. I don't think DP does. But it is acceptable yes.

buffalo steak today, elk steak tonite washed down with a coors light.life is good.:p

Originally posted by w8lifter
I eat red meat all the time. I don't think DP does. But it is acceptable yes.

Does "Pink" count??? :p

No, Ms. Ledix, I have not had "red meat:" in over 20 years! :D

It does work on a "clean program." :D

DP

wow DP i give you credit, it would be a bitch for me to give up my [beef] flank steak. which is about the only beef i eat anyway. but to give up my buffalo,THATS a whole nother story.

DP, I have not eaten 'red meat' in over a year. If you don't mind me asking, what are your reasons?

Miss Ledix, I'm trying to stay away from controversy right now......

Why not start a thread.......

What's wrong with Red meat? :D

(I can tell you it started out as "ethical reasons"...butt that has little to do with it now!)

DP

Are you kidding? Because I'll start a new thread. I really would like to know. When I was a vegetarian/vegan I read so much about how bad meat was for you...especially red meat!

Originally posted by w8lifter
There are many misconceptions about what "eating smart" is, especially about red meat. According to the researchers, lean red meat can be easily incorporated into the diet, as there are a variety of lean cuts available in the meat case. Seven cuts of beef fall within the strict guidelines governing the "lean" designation as outlined in the 1990 Nutrition Labeling and Education Act. These cuts, on average, have 6.4 grams of total fat and 2.3 grams of saturated fat per 3-ounce cooked serving.

Researchers say that consumers looking for the leanest cuts should opt for those with the word loin or round in the name, like sirloin and eye of round. Trimming excess fat before cooking reduces fat up to 50 percent and added fat can be kept to a minimum by using low-fat cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling and roasting, or moist-heat cooking methods such as braising and stewing. Consumers should also remember that a 3-ounce portion of lean meat is equal in size to a deck of cards.

chart_thegoodnews.jpg

I just want to add some information for Canadian People.
You can refer to that link for Canadian Beef
http://www.beefinfo.org

You'll see all different Canadian cut.

And it seem that "inside round steak" is our leanest cut of Beef.

Back