• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The dumbest f-ing steroid article you have ever read....

Will Brink

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
You have to read this thing to believe it. I kept waiting for the punch line and him to admit it was a put on. He's either doing a parody, or he's a total moron, or both. For example:

"Another sleepless night, a week later, I felt a ridge on my forehead. Cranial swelling - most often a neanderthal-like ridge forming above the brow - is commonly associated with the steroid HGH, or Human Growth Hormone, originally made from the crushed pituitary glands of fresh cadavers. But cranial swelling assumes many forms: in addition to 'caveman brow', some users find semi-solid lumps forming on their foreheads. Some lumps grow to the size of hard-boiled eggs, at which point they require surgical removal."

Cont:

From Mr Average ... to superman: Craig Davidson's account of using steroids | Health and wellbeing | Life and Health

There is no such thing as cranial swelling from the use of HGH, and the idiot was not even using HGH (read his cycle) and knows so little about these compounds he calls it "steroid HGH" when HGH is not a steroid, etc, etc, etc. The article is 90% fantasy and fiction folks.

Now a known effect of MASSIVE amounts of HGH is acromegaly due to pituitary tumors or genetic diseases and such, but it's not seen in people using HGH.

There is also a rare condition called Pseudotumor cerebri which is a fancy way of saying benign intracranial hypertension which = big headache...

I looked for a comment box or contact email to let the guy know what an idiot he was, but didn't see any.

what kind of pathetic bullshit is that?
if it wasn't for the fact that it will probably be cited as a reputable source in the war to demonize everything anabolic, it would be damned funny.

i completely agree with lucifuge, it is claims like these that get people so stirred about shit they dont even know...but thats all i can type my cranial swelling is blocking my eyesight!

Must have hit his head again, hence the swelling and acute retardation.

so wait... steroids are healthy to take? shit, i musta missed the memo.

You're 18, you were not born when the memo came out. Regardless, the author of that article is full of sh&%.

Must have hit his head again, hence the swelling and acute retardation.

Here's what I just sent to the mag via their contact/feedback section:

To whom it May Concern:

I read with disgust â?????From Mr Average ... to superman In 16 weeksâ??? by Craig Davidson, Sunday May 18, 2008

As a writer myself who has been published in a wide variety of magazines on the very topic Mr. Davidson pretends to understand, does your paper have any fact checkers? It appears none were consulted for this article.

I kept waiting for the punch line and him to admit it was a put on. He's either doing a parody, or he's purposely fabricating, or both. For example:

"Another sleepless night, a week later, I felt a ridge on my forehead. Cranial swelling - most often a neanderthal-like ridge forming above the brow - is commonly associated with the steroid HGH, or Human Growth Hormone, originally made from the crushed pituitary glands of fresh cadavers. But cranial swelling assumes many forms: in addition to 'caveman brow', some users find semi-solid lumps forming on their foreheads. Some lumps grow to the size of hard-boiled eggs, at which point they require surgical removal."

There is no such thing as cranial swelling from the use of HGH, and it appears he was not even using HGH (read his cycle) and knows so little about these compounds he calls it "steroid HGH" when HGH is not a steroid, etc, etc, etc. The article is 90% fantasy and fiction, and 10% hyperboleâ???¦

Now a known effect of MASSIVE amounts of HGH is acromegaly due to pituitary tumors or genetic diseases and such, but it's not seen in people using HGH.

There is also a rare condition called Pseudotumor cerebri which is a fancy way of saying benign intracranial hypertension which = big headache...

The amount of misinformation, disinformation, and flat out fabrications in this article are difficult to even count it's so bad. I suspect it's beyond simple ignorance, but an active attempt to drum up interest for his novel via hyperbole and sensationalism, and Mr. Davidson does his reputation as an author no favors with this piece of trash article.

Next time, please have Mr. Davidson consider consulting someone who actually knows something about these drugs, and perhaps consider using a fact checker/editor to prevent future writers from wasting space in your fine publication.

In certain situations if a doctor sees fit to prescribe something then sure, it is 'healthy' in that situation. Nobody is implying that cycling is healthier than being natural, however cycling is not going to make your head twice as big and your forehead extend either.

As with most things in life some people respond to drugs differently, especially people with widely varying diets. Some folks will find themselves with cholesterol problems and/or blood pressure before even beginning a cycle, and yet run one anyway. This would be a very long discussion and I won't cover all the bases in a couple sentences, education is the key. If you don't know what you are doing to yourself before you start, then its probably not a good idea.

I also call BS on the 20 cans of tuna. That would be 6500 calories alone and 700 g of protein. This guy is a liar.

IML Gear Cream!
what a waste of time. that might have been the worst 'information' i have ever read.

sounds like an abscess or a cyst but you can get irregular bone growth from too much growth hormone and being on for a long time sounds like that subject is delusional ; when did the mental hospital give their patients Internet?

I also call BS on the 20 cans of tuna. That would be 6500 calories alone and 700 g of protein. This guy is a liar.

Maybe the mercury did this to him.

Didn't he end up only gaining like 1 lb after, crappy post cycle

Didn't he end up only gaining like 1 lb after, crappy post cycle

Don't know. Clearly he made major change in his bodycomp, but I have people al over my forums who have done at least as well as he did, minus any drugs at all.

"Reefer Madness" PED-Style

This article sounds like the old movie "Reefer Madness," which was made in the 1930s (if I remember correctly - don't get any crazy ideas that was alive then, though) and tried to scare the masses with 'average' looking folks becoming sex-crazed animals after smoking an amount of pot that appeared to be quite large. Some schmuck even runs over people driving under the influence. You get the point.

Kind of like a 'Scared Straight' after school special.

Back