• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Creatine Kinase

ivesy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
:thinking: This may concern all lifters my doctor tells me that creatine kinase can lead to liver cirrhosis or a heart attack after having high levels over a period of time creatine kinase rises very high when the body has severe damaged muscle tissue e.g. like weight training very hard since the goal in bodybuilding is to cause as much trauma to the muscle fibbers as possible that puts a lot of athletes at risk if this is correct surely some of you guys that train hard have come across this in your blood test can any one else give more info

I don't think you fully understood what your doctor was trying to explain to you.
From what I understand excessive creatine kinase found during testing is more of an indication of trouble rather than cause.

Any prolonged damage to muscles will cause Creatinine Kinase to go up. It is often seen in severe traumas with crush injuries to muscles and alcoholics who have been found down/unresponsive for several hours and in some patients that have prolonged seizures. It is highly unlikely that bodybuilding will cause this to happen. You probably will have to exercise like a maniac, nonstop and drink very little water to have even minor problems.

I Understood what the doc said alright its their in black and white on my blood test results the average person has a 25 to 200 I had a 601 and my brother had a 1025 we do the same training program prrs intensely and the doc say its elevated due to training

hi

Yer i had a blood test done as well. I had a ck reading of 1024 which is five times higher than the maximum allowed on the test results. The allowable ck range is from 10-200. The doc said this was from the intense training that i do which is causing serious muscle damage?

I recently started p90x and small protein/creatine supplementation...I went in for routine test as I haven't worked out in awhile...my ck level went to 2000 then to 6000 then they put me in the hospital when it peaked at 19,000+ 2 days later...RHABDOMYLYSIS I think it was called...I was freaking out as heart disease is big in my family...come to find out it was caused by neither...actual culprit turns out was a "statin" med I was perscribed by doc to "HELP" lower my chloesterol....PRAVASTATIN 40mg...my course of action has been stop statin meds and change my lifestyle...this damn med could've killed me eventually...don't trust docs or pharmacists BLINDLY the small print was there the whole time I just never read it...

no worries as it reads the same because the body is causing damage to muscle fibers but it goes back to normal. he forgot to tell you that part. dont worry my doctor still thinks getting tattoes causes everyone to get hepatitis. my dr is a fuckin idiot but with my insurance hes the lowest co- pay. lucky iam a nurse or he would of killed me by now lol. imo

I realize this is an old post, but I'm curious about this issue now myself. My VA clinic did my annual lab work a two weeks ago and my CPK was 7500. The doc flipped out and was asking me if I'd been experiencing heart attack symptoms. They've retested and had me take an abdomen ultrasound. Don't know results yet on these lastest tests.

I finished an 8 week test-e cycle about 8 weeks ago, did a PCT, and have been cruising on a prescription BHRT cream these past 8 weeks as well. I've reduced protein intake to around 1g per lean body weight and have cut my hi volume lifting in half. I work major muscle groups once/week and do eliptical, biking, and hiking for general cardio.

I actually feel fine other than my muscles being sore a lot more than I recall in my youthful years. The day after I can hardly move which ever group I worked the day before! Also my gains have been reduced significantly.

Bio:
49 y/o
5'10' 235lbs
Natural test levels are around 150 (when off the gear)
Been lifting since H.S.
Eat very healthy and especially try avoiding processed foods these days!

Any thoughts or input?

Back