PDA

View Full Version : HGH- How long before you feel better?

horseman1313
08-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Everyone, this is my first post and I was hoping to get some information.

First about me. I am a 38 yo male who has had Lupus for about 18 years. In a wheelchair twice in the last 10 years and basically feel like crud all the time. About 20 lbs overweight due to being off for some knee injuries.

I have no ACL left in either leg and torn meniscus in both...grins had a lot of fun tearing those up.

In either case I have started a 6 month cycle of HGH. I would be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to the cosmetic benefits...i.e. Weight loss, better skin, hair etc... but I wouldnt be spending this kind of money just for that.

I want to feel good again. Somehow fight the Chronic Fatigue and being exhuasted all the time. I want to get off of work and still have the energy to enjoy the rest of my day.

So what I have scheduled is 6 months at least of 1.5 iu 5 days a week. Humatrope

1. Does this sound good or bad?
2. Those of you who have taken real HGH (injectible) how long before you started to FEEL the difference?

What was it like for you?

Thank you for all of your help.

kicka19
08-21-2008, 07:34 AM
wow, that is horribkle man, i hope some1 has answers for you, alas i do not. the knee problems must be terrible, why didnt you get the acls recunstructed? would they just rupture again?

Built
08-21-2008, 10:56 AM
How much do you take? And are you taking DHEA? I've read that DHEA can really help with autoimmune diseases like Lupus.

horseman1313
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
6 months at least of 1.5 iu 5 days a week. Humatrope

Havent started taking much else yet other than Folic Acid and a Multi Vitamin with it.

This stuff gets exepensive!

horseman1313
08-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I am getting the Meniscus tears fixed over the next couple of months. ACL reconstruction can wipe you out for up to six months. I get along fine without them for the most part. Just cant make any fast changes in direction. Most of the time I am on my horse so I am fine there.

Built
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
You got a scrip for the GH? Insurance?

DHEA is OTC. Look into it.

kicka19
08-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I am getting the Meniscus tears fixed over the next couple of months. ACL reconstruction can wipe you out for up to six months. I get along fine without them for the most part. Just cant make any fast changes in direction. Most of the time I am on my horse so I am fine there.

ya i had an acl tear in high school, i dont wish that on anyone:thumb:

The Monkey Man
08-21-2008, 07:02 PM
How much do you weigh and what general kind of metabolism do you have?

horseman1313
08-24-2008, 12:24 PM
No insurance. Luckily I have some Doc friends south of the border to get my script and fill it.

I am about 20lbs overweight at about 198. After 35 it seems the weight doesnt come as easily but I havent been watching my diet either, and not been able to work out a bunch.

Riz

Built
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Ummm...

If you're not watching your diet and not working out, how exactly do you think the weight will come off?