• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trt Hrt ??

QuestionGuy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey I was just wondering if any of you were on doctor prescribed TRT or HRT...If so, What your "story"? Im 23 and just last month started TRT after visiting 4 different doctors who sad "Your levels are really low" but we wan't to wait untill they fall further to make sure....Bull shit, my test was the one of a 80 year old (not really, 80 year old)....Finally i met a doctor who cares and knows enough.....Just wondering some of your stories...

Well, I noticed all the usual signs of low test.....my levels were 312 -340 in three different test results........"Normal" for labs were 400-1080, my E was mid normal...My free test was low normal (83 out of 47-244 , still shity for my age).....All doctors I went to didnt dare do anything about it becasue A. they thought I wanted to use it to my BB advantage B. they thought I was too young and most important C. The didnt know shit about Hormones.......................At my age I should be in the high normals not BELOW normal...I hope this will make me better...

surprised they did HRT 300's is low normal.

You done any cycles previously?

surprised they did HRT 300's is low normal.

You done any cycles previously?

NEVER...no cycles at all...Just natural low...Well the labs I did were 400-1080 and it all depends form lab to lab...But my results were below normal..Plus think about it im 23 my test should be in upper normal...whats gona happen when I get to be older, my test is gona be SHIT..........I also had gyno surgery 6 weeks ago with 110% satisfaction, again not from roid use, just natural...

I've seen lower. Actually, I'm surprised you found a doc to put you on HRT unless it was below 250 or so.

I think my T was 287 ng/dl when I finally went on HRT. I found a doctor who specializes in it, and I go with my agenda. They give me what I want. My advice is to learn as much as you can from reliable sources and not just depend on one doctor to set your protocol.

I use:
2 grams of T/day via compounded cream. 1 gram in the morning, 1 gram at night. I also use 300-500 iu/hcg every three days, although the doctor prescribed a dose about three times as high. From my research and prior use, I know how much I need. After about a year of HRT, my estrogen was high. Now I take .5 mg Arimidex twice weekly, as prescribed.

For those wondering if the two grams is a typo, it's not. It keeps me right where I want to be (just over1,000 ng/dl). Topical doses are much higher than IM.

Hypogonadal hypogonadism runs in my family. My dad had it, and I probably speed up the onset for myself by using steroids--which is fine for me. I'd rather manage these hormones than leave it up to faulty genes.

Topical preparations are indeed much higher. Androgel literature suggests 10% makes it through a transdermal. The standard concentration for male HRT is 10% testosterone in transdermal base, so 1 gram or 1000mg of cream will provide 100mg test, of which 10g gets into your body. At 20mg per day, you are getting roughly 140mg testosterone into your body per week.

I am on test HRT also, but my dosing is less than one tenth yours - as well it should be.

I take 4 pumps of Androgel per day and that brought me up from like 240's to 900's... It has only been like 4 months on it. I am curious to see next year what this year of being on HRT will do for my cholesterol levels. I was at 144 total this year....so if it jumps up next year it will probably be the androgel that done it.... anyone see this in their own HRT?

Mine went OVER at one point. Took a bit to titrate the dose.

IML Gear Cream!
NEVER...no cycles at all...Just natural low...Well the labs I did were 400-1080 and it all depends form lab to lab...But my results were below normal..Plus think about it im 23 my test should be in upper normal...whats gona happen when I get to be older, my test is gona be SHIT..........I also had gyno surgery 6 weeks ago with 110% satisfaction, again not from roid use, just natural...

What has your diet been like?

What has your diet been like?

well.....LEts start wiht my wokrout before the surgery..They were a 100% perfect and intense, never missed them, including 6 days a week of cardio.......My diet on the other hand, was "limited", I ate about 4-5 cheat meals a week, which is when you think about it not all that bad compared to "normal" people...Right now im working on correcting my diet, but im so damn busy with wokr and other responsebilities that I really dont want to prepare 6 meals a day...So i eat 4 liquid meals a day and 2 solid meals with about 2-4 cheat meals a day......

well.....LEts start wiht my wokrout before the surgery..They were a 100% perfect and intense, never missed them, including 6 days a week of cardio.......

This much cardio could have been at least partially responsible for your lowered test levels.

From the looks of things, your diet didn't do much to help you either:
My diet on the other hand, was "limited", I ate about 4-5 cheat meals a week, which is when you think about it not all that bad compared to "normal" people...Right now im working on correcting my diet, but im so damn busy with wokr and other responsebilities that I really dont want to prepare 6 meals a day...So i eat 4 liquid meals a day and 2 solid meals with about 2-4 cheat meals a day......

There is no reason to eat 6 meals a day. What's with all the cheat meals?

im sorry, I meant A WEEK!!!! This is not a day, i meant a week (7 days)...I dont know why i wrote a day, must have been a brain fart...the cheat meals are just a habit and pour discipline...I have been into bodybuilding for many years, I sometimes have the control and sometimes I don't...It all depends on my current life situation, my job is a big factor, then my friends and then I just get a little burned out and I always turn to food, I envy people who see food as just a survival need, I have a "passion" for food and cooking so Its been harder to control lately.........

Well, if cardio is going to lower my test then so be it, im not going to quit it, i love cardio and for a 230 pound guy, you'd be surprised how conditioned I am...they can take my tesosterone, but they will never take my cardio!!! Lol, I guess ill be on test forever.....

Also, what do you mean there is no reason for 6 meals a day?? How many do you eat...I eat when I wake up at noon, then at 3pm, then at 6pm then at 9pm then at midnight....And depending how late I go to bed I end up maybe having another meal...remember, When I say meal, I count MRP's, Night time Muscle milk and Protein shakes......That is ofcourse when I dont cave in and eat at chillis wiht the guys......Im in a specialty squad at work and there is always 7 of us together, and naturally they all go to lunch together...I stay away form it most times tho...

I mean you can eat three or two or ten or six. It doesn't matter. You have a calorie budget, spend it whenever you want.

Noted on the typo.

And if you love cardio, knock yourself out. I'm just sayin' that might be part of why your test levels are tanking.

yes you do have a point in the cardio..BUT im not really llooking to make it better naturally, i know that no matter what, i will never be able to be in high normal range wihtout treatment, so i came to terms with the way my life will be, and i see this treatment as something positive, not negative....

I never juiced. I never felt the need.

My story, a work in progress here......

I had no reason to suspect that I have low T. I put on mass just fine and strength is even better. I'm 45. My primary physician is an endocrinologist by specialty. I thought to have my T levels tested with the regular yearly labs. So we added it. It came back 260 ng/dL. The reference range for this lab is 241-827.

He mails me the results with his thoughts and says if I need a fallow up appointment. That's how it works every year.

He said, "All levels in normal range." No mention of a fallow up. I was shocked!!! T is that low!!??!! No fallow up!!

I set up a new appointment. He described all kinds of ways to test T. He said lets go with the best test possible and see where you really are. It came back 211 with a LH level of 3.9 mIU/mL (reference of 1.5 -9.3).

My nuts are fine. My pituitary is not telling my nuts to pump out more T. So he gets a little more serious and we set up an MRI just make sure my pituitary is not more messed than the labs show. Pituitary tumors are pretty common. I guess that is what he is looking for.

Just got back from the MRI. More on the story later.

: )

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but just want to let it out.

So I've talked to two people I know closely. My wife and someone from work. I've reviewed symptoms of low T with my wife who deals with this in a capacity at her hospital, as she is responsible for IT in the ED clinic among other duties. She was also very very sweet at the MRI. She STRONGLY relates that over the past few years that certain emotional and "drive" symptoms of low T are present with me. That has unsettled me. : (

A guy at work that seems to have felt diminished in a competitive way with me since I started to hit the gym again have talked and bonded over the matter. He is no competition on my level but I talked to him about low T. He has seen numerous doctors for his low T and recommends a doctor that maintains him at nearlly 900 ng/dL!! I thought he was on black market. Knowing the time table of his TRT... I can say for him it was a dramatic transformation. He's talked to his MD about me and she says she would be happy to evaluate me.

Then there is my doctor. I've known him 16yrs. He's also my wife's doctor for almost as long. Lately he has commented on how "fit and muscled" I look with admiration in his tone. That's nice but I just get the feeling that the way I am outside works against me when it comes to treatment time. I know I have the genetics I've also WORKED MY ASS OFF. I guess I just want to feel how people think I look. I don't feel great right now. I guess I think I'll be short change for all my work in the gym. The last thing my doctor said was odd and sticks with me, "We wouldn't want you to have to much T or you'll get to big." Seems really odd for him to say that.

Last edited:
I had a doctor say "well, we don't want you to be enhanced when I was trying to get thyroid replacement hormone. He now prescribes my thyroid, testosterone, DHEA and progesterone. Docs just need to be educated, just like everybody else.

My story continued.....

Got the MRI results with the doc's recommendations. The MRI showed a partially empty sella(small flattened pituitary... I found out online ).

In my case from what I have discovered it's possible I've ruptured the protective lining around my pituitary gland from blows to the head during "sports." That lets fluid in which compresses on the gland making it smaller. So less LH is coming out to tell my nut sacks to step it up.

Doc just says, "Arrange follow up to discuss 'partially empty sella.' "

:thinking: :thinking: :confused:

IML Gear Cream!
Jeepers!

Have they run a full hormone panel on you, Hoglander?

Pretty much, but not totally. I think it will be a given from this point on, but I'll bring it up.

It's my understanding that with this condition most commonly there are no symptoms or just secondary hypogonadism for the most part.

I'll make sure I ask for everything though. After all, had I not asked to have my T checked the doc would have not known I need treatment.

So the moral is... it doesn't hurt to ask!!

If you suggest I ask something I will if that's where you are going with this, BTW.

You've had your test checked; I'm just thinking it might be worth checking a few others:
Free, bioavailable and total test (you have that, but re-test it anyway)
Estradiol
DHEAs
and maybe a few others, for shits and giggles:

PSA
TSH
Free T3, Free T4
And maybe a max-peak test for GH.

Just a thought.

As a male thyroid patient of an endocrinologist looking into pituitary function related to serum testosterone results I here ya.

Done and done

Thanks

That's right, you're on Synthroid, aren't you?

How much do you take?

It would be worth testing your free T3, because with low test, your ability to deiodate T4 into T3 will be compromised.

That's right, you're on Synthroid, aren't you?

How much do you take?

It would be worth testing your free T3, because with low test, your ability to deiodate T4 into T3 will be compromised.

Interesting.

I was on 200. You could be right because my T3 was on the low end and TSH was unacceptable. I've moved up to 224mcg recently. Once we get the T to a level one or both of us are happy with(fingers crossed) we will see if I need a lighter dose of Synthroid at a latter date.

Hoglander, look into Armour desiccated thyroid. That's what I'm on. MUCH better.

Thread hijacker here, I go into the docs tomorrow.

I think he is going to stick his finger up my butt to make love to my prostate gland. After that I think that he might check my nuts for firmness and size.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

More on this later.

:mooh::mooh:

<perks up>

;)

Back