PDA

View Full Version : Pretnezone

Destram
07-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Or something its called im supposed to go on for my sinuses. I was on this before and gained about 60 lbs almost all of it fat when i was about 15, it makes me eat like an animal. Does anyone know if this is something that will increase my testosterone so i should lift harder or if it just makes me eat more?

Destram
07-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Actually its prednisone. I just looked it up online and got this info. It says it is a adrenocortical steroid and it contains pregna-1,4-diene-3,11,20-trione, 17,21-dihydroxy-. Im gonna be on a 30 mg dose for 10 days.

Mudge
07-25-2002, 02:44 PM
This is not an anabolic steroid.

It normally helps regulate the body's salt and water balance and reduces inflammation. Introduced in 1955, prednisone is a man-made replica of cortisone.

The most commonly encountered side effects are:

Sodium retention
Increased appetite
Increased fat deposits
Increased acid in your stomach
Increased sweating, especially at night
Increased hair growth
Acne on the face, back, and chest
Bone and muscle problems
Growth problems in children
Eye problems
Increased sugar in the blood
Increased sensitivity to the sun
Delayed wound healing
Decreased ability to fight infection
Thrush (Candida) growth in the mouth

Mifody
07-25-2002, 03:26 PM
ouch

sure theres isnt some kind of alternative you could get? :grin:

gopro
07-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Oh boy...Prednisone...catabolic as hell, and fat producing...but, you gotta do it! I once had to do a course of a similar drug for a few weeks. I cut back my training and ate very few calories to keep the crap weight off.

Destram
07-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Yeah i think im going to take a week off and make sure i dont eat too much. Im due for a rest anyways. Thanks for the replies guys.