MENS PHYSIQUE (Updated 11/17/11)
- Muscularity and Body Condition
- Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
- Stage Presence and Personality Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
- Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform front and back turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, finishing facing the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.
For contests with two height classes:
Comparison Round –
The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do turns.
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in turns.
Promoters can choose to have one height class, two height classes, three height classes or four height classes.
For contests with three height classes:
- Up to & including 5’8”
- Over 5’8”
For contests with four height classes:
- Up to & including 5’7”
- Over 5’7” up to including 5’10”
- Over 5’10”
National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with the district chairperson’s approval.
Who Qualifies for National Level Men’s Physique Competitions:
For 2012, the top three (3) in a national qualifying Men’s Physique contest will be qualified for the NPC USA and NPC National Championships. The top five (5) will qualify for all other national contests including the NPC Junior USA, NPC Junior National, NPC Team Universe and IFBB North American Championships. At a non-qualifying contest, no athletes are qualified for a national contest.
QUALIFYING FOR IFBB PROFESSIONAL STATUS
NPC JUNIOR USA CHAMPIONSHIPS – Height Class Winners
NPC JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – Height Class Winners
NPC TEAM UNIVERSE CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 3 In Each Height Class
NPC MASTERS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – Height Class Winners
NPC USA CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 2 In Each Height Class
IFBB NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 2 In Each Height Class
NPC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 2 In Each Height Class