I'm trying to bulk but with a busy schedule it's hard to get those calories in. Besides spoonfuls of peanut butter, olive oil, cottage cheese what has worked for you in terms of high calorie snacks that are portable and quick to get down. Sorry if this has already been discussed I couldn't find it under search. Thx.
Look up some recipes and make your own protein bars.. Try 25g natty pnut butter, 40ml heavy whipping cream, and 50g whey with a teaspoon of splenda.. GOOOD and you can make changes to that recipe and add oats and things like that..
You can make protein "pudding" w/ some protein mix (I do 1 scoop of regular ATW protein + 1 scoop of casein protein - the casein protein mixes up thicker and requires more water - feels like you're eating more) + 1-2 tbls PB + 1 Splenda packet and then mix in enough water (I use cold coffee) to make a "mush".
You can also add in stuff like ground flax meal, ground up almonds or peanuts, you could probably throw in some heavy cream, etc.
And its compact & travels well (Note - but the airlines consider it a "liquid" so if its > 3 oz, you can't take it onboard w/ you.)
Another thing you can do is make protein pancakes - these also travel well:
* make 1/2 -1 c of oatmeal who you normally do (for me- fill w/ enough water to cover the oats, nuke for 90 sec)
* mix in 1-2 scoops protein mix (I stick w/ vanilla - not big into weird flavored oats)
* mix in 2 Splenda packets - or to your taste
* mix in 2 egg white + 1 whole egg to get a cake-batter consistency (sometimes have to mix a lot to get the egg mixed in w/ the oats)
* spray PAM into a large fry pan, pour your batter into the pan and cook it like a giant pancake (or make smaller blobs of the protein batter for smaller pancakes)
Thanks for the input, will definitely try the pancakes and bars since I could make a huge batch and take them to work with me. I'm already drinking 3-4 protein shakes/day (mostly whey, 1 casein every other day) so not looking to add much more protein powder to the mix if I can help it.
All logos, trademarks and content on this site are property of 2001-2013 by IronMagazine All Rights Reserved Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of IronMagazine.com is prohibited.