Obama is the antichrist! Facts don't matter!
Fuck the facts. Emotion and rhetoric are the new truth!
The debt ceiling has been raised more under fiscally responsible conservative presidents starting with Ronald Reagan than irresponsible free spending liberal presidents.
Debt Ceiling - Under Modern U.S. Presidents
The winner is:
Debt Ceiling Under Reagan
The debt ceiling was raised on 17 occasions under President Ronald Reagan, nearly tripling from $935.1 billion to $2.8 trillion.
Under Reagan the debt ceiling was raised to:
- $985 billion in February 1981;
- $999.8 billion in September 1981;
- $1.0798 trillion September 1981;
- $1.1431 trillion in June 1982;
- $1.2902 trillion in September 1982;
- $1.389 trillion in May 1993;
- $1.49 trillion in November 1983;
- $1.52 trillion in May 1984;
- $1.573 trillion in July 1984;
- $1.8238 trillion in October 1984;
- $1.9038 trillion in November 1985;
- $2.0787 trillion in December 1985;
- $2.111 trillion in August 1986;
- $2.3 trillion in October 1986;
- $2.32 trillion in July 1987;
- $2.352 trillion in August 1987;
- and $2.8 trillion in September 1987.
Debt Ceiling Under Obama
http://0.tqn.com/d/create/1/6/b/W/C/-/118824793.jpgAlex Wong / Getty Images
The debt ceiling has been raised on three occasions under President Barack Obama. The debt ceiling was $11.315 trillion when the Democrat was sworn into office in January 2009 and increased by nearly $3 trillion or 26 percent by summer 2011, to $14.294 trillion.
See also: Did Obama Double the National Debt?
Under Obama the debt ceiling increased:
- by $789 billion to $12.104 trillion in February 2009, Obama's first year in office, under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act;
- by $290 billion to $12.394 trillion ten months later, in December 2009;
- and by $1.9 trillion to $14.294 trillion two months later, in February 2010.
Debt Ceiling Under Bush
http://0.tqn.com/d/create/1/6/c/W/C/-/71415813.jpgThe White House
The debt ceiling was raised on seven occasions during President George W. Bush's two terms in office, from $5.95 trillion in 2001 to nearly double that, $11.315 trillion, in 2009 - an increase of $5.365 trillion or 90 percent.
Under Bush the debt ceiling increased:
- by $450 billion to $6.4 trillion in June 2002;
- by $984 billion to $7.384 trillion 11 months later, in May 2003;
- by $800 billion to $8.184 trillion 18 months later, in November 2004;
- by $781 billion to $8.965 trillion 16 months later, in March 2006;
- by $850 billion to $9.815 trillion 18 months later, in September 2007;
- by $800 billion to $10.615 trillion 10 months later, in July 2008;
- and by $700 billion to $11.315 trillion three months later, in October 2008.
Debt Ceiling Under Clinton
The debt ceiling was raised on four occasions during President Bill Clinton's two terms, from $4.145 trillion when he took office in 1993 to $5.95 trillion when he left the White House in 2001 - an increase of $1.805 trillion or 44 percent.
See also: National Debt Versus Federal Deficit
Under Clinton the debt ceiling increased:
- by $225 billion to $4.37 trillion in April 1993;
- by $530 billion to $4.9 trillion four months later, in August 1993;
- by $600 billion to $5.5 trillion two years and seven months later, in March 1996;
- and by $450 billion to $5.95 trillion 17 months later, in August 1997.
Debt Ceiling Under Bush
http://0.tqn.com/d/create/1/6/j/W/C/-/82256676.jpgBachrach / Getty Images
The debt ceiling was raised on four occasions during President George H.W. Bush's one term, from $2.8 trillion when he took office in 1989 to $4.145 trillion when he left the White House in 1993 - an increase of $1.345 trillion or 48 percent.
Under Bush the debt ceiling increased:
- by $70 billion to $2.87 trillion in August 1989;
- by $252.7 billion to $3.1227 trillion three months later, in November 1989;
- by $107.3 billion to $3.23 trillion 11 months later, in October 1990;
- and by $915 billion to $4.145 trillion one month later, in November 1990.
This is what happens when a president decides to cut taxes at the same time he decides to fight two wars and increase the military budget.
For some reason supply side economics theory failed and the reduced taxes did not grow the economy enough to generate enough revenue to reduce the deficit.
"The debt ceiling was raised on seven occasions during President George W. Bush's two terms in office, from $5.95 trillion in 2001 to nearly double that, $11.315 trillion, in 2009 - an increase of $5.365 trillion or 90 percent."
there are no mathematical equations or models used with supply-side economics it's all ideology with no math or data to back up the rhetoric.
Why that would be the old senile, dementia riddled guy, who decided it was a good idea to take naps during very important meetings. And we wonder how these wall street phuqers were able to usurp the gov & stack shit in their favor.
OP and everyone:
Several of the last Presidents have been irresponsible and led US - you and me - to where we are today.
Just think of where things will be in 10 or 20 years? I don't want to even think about that.
But that's a fact that you don't need to think about now... :tard:
The debt ceiling when Obama first raised it by $789 billion was to $12.104 trillion in February 2009
The debt ceiling is now at $14.294 trillion.
Facts indicate that the majority of debt ceiling increases starting with Reagan occurred prior to Obama taking office.
At least to most people with a math education beyond kindergarten that is what those facts indicate.
Polarized political people that do not use facts as basis for political opinion of course might disagree with first grade math.
The debt ceiling problem was not created by Obama.
It is the result of the past 20+ years of presidents requesting a raise in it and congress voting to raise it.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing Obama does is ever his fault...
The Obama Phone | Free Government Cell Phone Program
Drug dealer - Tyrone, bitch wheres my money
Crackhead - I's told you I aint got it, waiting on my unemployment extension
Drug dealer - I'm gonna cap you sucka if I sees you on da street pay up or, dammit I forgot the government put a ban on guns, let me get back to you
this conversation brought to you by Obama phone, giving crackheads 250 free minutes a month
Do you really trust any political party or politician?
I did not vote for Obama for reelection, but facts are facts.
As to inherited, Obama inherited an economic recession associated with the worst global financial crisis since the great depression.
The raise in the debt ceiling under Obama has a direct relationship to that inheritance.
which president inherited the most inflation
^ so then you admit that Reagan brought us out of a reccesion?
each recession is caused by different reasons and it was also a minor recession with no loss of home wealth. the workers had plenty of non-retirement savings, etc..
the economy of post 2008 is nothing like it was in the early 1980's. the economic situation of US workers is the complete opposite, interest rates are at record lows, savings is at record lows, wages are at record lows, and prices for services are at record highs, and people wonder why employment is still h-igh. I have posted report after report from the FED and others on this topic. the causes don't change anymore in Jan 2013 as it did when we talked about this last month, the month before or the year before...still the same
if a dem spends money on credit it's not putting us over until the repubs have to start paying it back thus making it the repubs fault for debts? (liberal logic 101)
jimmy carter made it tough for reagan with carter spending and taxing...clinton used nothing but "funny money"...money on credit isn't owned...it's borrowed...it's not yours...it eventually has to be paid back or risk becoming a third world country...
Carter inherited problems from Nixon's wage and price freezes the first time they had ever been done in US history in a non-war time environment. Carter had to deal with OPEC oil shock and income tax bracket creep both of which carryed over into the Reagan admin...
once again the effects of policy don't simply end because the date on the calendar changes or the POTUS or the party in power....
the Cold War was created by LBJ to grow the MIC and the associated sectors of the US economy if not for that the USSR was on it's way to being an ally of the US.
LAM you have made me see the light...OBAMA IS THE MESSIAH!!!
just like you, i want on his nuts too...he's already ass-raping the rest of the country...it's time to give in to him...
under which president has the national debt increased the most? ummm.....