• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New Routine....Let's tear it apart

section8

War Eagle
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have decided to change things up a bit and was wondering how far off I am.I wanted to split it up into 2 weeks and do a few different exercises each week (I think I have one or two) and set things on different days to keep it different. So lets get started tearing this apart. Thanks in advance for suggestions and criticism.

Each exercise is 3 set one at 10 one at 8 and one at 6, except for the abs I have not decided how many on that yet.

Here it is:
Week 1

Mon-Dumbbell Bench Press, DB Incline Bench Press, DB Flys, Skull Crushers, Triceps Extension
Night:Alternating Situps, Cardio

Tues-Cable Rows, Lat Pull Downs, Shrugs, Reverse Flys, Dumbbell Military Press

Wed-Night: Bicycle Crunches

Thurs-Back Squat, Leg Press, Dead Lift, Lunges, Standing Calf Raises

Fri-Hammer Curls, Preacher Curls. Wrist Curls, Captains Chair, Weighted Situps

Sat-Morning: Cardio
Week 2

M-Bent Rows, Lat Pull Downs, Shrugs, Dumbbell Military Press, Face Pulls

T-Front Squat, Leg Press, Dead Lift, Seated Calf Raises, Leg Curls

W-Night:Alternating Situps

T-Barbell Bench Press, Barbell Incline Press, Peck Deck, Skull Crushers, Triceps Pull Down
Night: Bicycle Crunches, Cardio

F-Cable Curls, Preacher Curls, Wrist Curls, Captains Chair, Alternating Crunches

Sat-Morning:Cardio

Last edited:
"Each exercise is 3x10, 3x8, 3x6,"

Hmmm. So for example db press would be 3 sets time 10, then 3 more x 8, then 3 more x 6. Or do you just mean 3 sets at 10, 8, 6. be more clear please.

Doublebase said:
"Each exercise is 3x10, 3x8, 3x6,"

Hmmm. So for example db press would be 3 sets time 10, then 3 more x 8, then 3 more x 6. Or do you just mean 3 sets at 10, 8, 6. be more clear please.

Sorry about that. Three sets at 10, 6, 8. I will edit that to be more clear

doesn't look bad. what are your stats? and goals?

I'll give it a shot.
Stats: Age-27 Weight-187 Height-6'2"
max bench-225x6
Max Squat-315x8
Deadlift-385x6
Leg Press-385x8

This is all recently, I haven't maxed out since my sophmore year in college. I played a little baseball in college and I would like to get back in the shape I was then. That was the best shape I have ever been I can't believe that I let it all go.:headbang:
Then stats: Age-19/20 Weight-222 Height-6'2"
Bench-295x8
Squat-405x8
deadlift-425x8
leg press-495x8

I think I can get there again with some hard work, I was just getting tired doing the same ole exercises week in and week out.

Thanks by the way

The split seems kind of nonsensical. As well, it appears to me as though you emphasize pressing movements a little more than pulling movements, or at least the musculature involved in them. If anything, I would shift an emphasis in volume toward your back. That seems to be far less problematic than the reverse when it comes to the integrity of your shoulder joint.

Also, are your goals strength? That's pretty much a straight bodybuilding routine, although you are quouting lift numbers like strength is your real goal.

Thanks CP, I will give it another look and see what I can come up with, I guess my goal is a little more size and getting the body looking good than anything, for the time being, strength would be an extra for right now. I will rework it a little more tomorrow and put in some more pulling movements and looking at increasing the number of reps for the back.

Back