• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Teenager qualifies for the British Natural BB Federation Championships

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Tough training paying off for bodybuilder Andrew McLaughlan

Andrew McLaughlan is gunning for success after reaching the finals of a national bodybuilding competition.

A Dundee teenager, 18-year-old Andrew McLaughlan, may represent Scotland at the finals of the British Natural Bodybuilding Federation Championships later this year.

dundee1.jpg

Andrew McLaughlan

The former Morgan Academy pupil qualified after defeating three other competitors in Scottish heats at the Perth Concert Hall on Saturday.

It is a remarkable feat for Andrew, who has only been in serious training for nine months.

dundee2.jpg

Andrew with training partner Mark McIntosh.

"It was a surprise to win, I must admit," he said. "Before the finals I was training for seven days a week and I worked out that I had done 105 days in total.

"When I started working out I just wanted to build myself up — get big — and after finding out about competitions I thought I would go for it."

Although admitting he has doubts ahead of the British finals at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) in Glasgow, on September 18, Andrew believes he has the determination required to maintain his training regime through the summer.

Maintaining strict control over his diet and attending the gym on a daily basis requires discipline similar to Olympic athletes, he said.

While admitting it can be hard, the Dundee College student believes the experience of competing is worth the effort and he is likely to take his place among Britain's elite bodybuilders in the autumn.

"There's an in-season and off-season and during the off-season I'm training less and eating more to build up muscle," he said. "The in-season sees me training more and eating less, which can be a bit hard, but I got there in the end."

He continued, "I've still got a week to decide if I want to go or not and it would mean that I will have been dieting for six months. I have time to think about it, but I think I will go for it — even if it is hard work."

From The Courier - Tough training paying off for bodybuilder Andrew McLaughlan

Would want to see a few more pics of this guy, these pics are definetly not very flattening ha

thank google :p.

it's says 2002 in that pic?? old news?

That is awesome. I would love to see more kids into health and fitness then some of the stupid they are doing instead.

Back