• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

protein + carbs vs. just carbs before bed?

BerryBlis

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm just wondering (and I know the simple answer is to just plan better) but hypothetically speaking if you had two people and they both consumed the same number of calories and grams of macronutrients during the day but one consumed 60 grams of protein with their second last meal and then no protein during their last meal (so it was just carbs) and then the other spread the protein out, 30 grams second last and 30 grams last, would the one consuming all 60 at once and no protein before bed be at a much greater disadvanatage? (assuming similar total calories in the last meal as well- I'm more looking at how the macronutrient profile of the meals influences things).

Would this situation change at all if fat was added to the no protein last meal? (still keeping total daily calories the same).

protein must be included in all of your meals if you are involved in any type of muscular effort...the one who splits it to 2x30 will benefit a lot more and the other that consume 60 grams in one meal is more likely to store the rest as fats ...read the stickies at the diet forum ...good luck :)

Thanks for the reply. I know that obviously it's better to consume the protein split up but I'm more wondering what it will do from a hormonal perspective. Will the carb only meal shoot up insulin and promote fat storage at night? Like what is going to go on in the body specifically if you only consume carbs for your last meal?

if you are cutting then you better cut carbs at the prebed meal... if you are not then it's ok to have carbs in it...if you only consume carbs at your last meal it'll spike insulin a lot yeah ..

protein must be included in all of your meals if you are involved in any type of muscular effort...the one who splits it to 2x30 will benefit a lot more and the other that consume 60 grams in one meal is more likely to store the rest as fats ...read the stickies at the diet forum ...good luck :)

You're not going to store 60 grams of protein as fat.................................................

If you eat late at night, the food turns straight into fat.

Not true.If your overall calories are appropriate for weight loss, you certainly can eat something after dinner. Late night calories will ultimately get used the next day (and even while you sleep).

However, for the sake of energy, it is always better to eat your calories during the day when your body needs the fuel. Plus, eating consistently throughout the day will stabilize blood sugar levels -- so you???ll feel energized and experience fewer cravings. If you are going to snack after dinner, I suggest choosing something 250 calories or less.

Took this from a previous "Dieting Myth" post.

Really wouldnt worry about the amount of calories as long as you dont go overboard. Just keep it low carbs, good fats, high protein and thats right before bed.

I have to make sure each of my 6-7 feedings contains at least 30 grams of protein at 205BW.

I don't know what the experts think about the affects of eating your richest and heaviest meal 1 hour before sleeping - but I workout 2 hours before retiring... I figure it's the most opportune time to feed my body anything it might need. Strangely enough, I can consume a 20 ounce steak, large loaded potato, salad, bread, milk, and icecream without digestive problems during sleep.

I wouldn't promote this habit. LOL

Well if I were to workout before bedtime I would still give my body the carbs, fats, and proteins it would need and I wouldnt change this just because it was before bed. But like you said I wouldnt promote it. haha

You're not going to store 60 grams of protein as fat.................................................

I meant what his body won't be able to absorb...wich depends on his stats,that's what I meant with the rest.

Back