• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Food Journal 101

Missfit4all

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, i started one Yesterday. :clap:

I came to grips with the Realization i have to keep a Close eye on what I eat until i attain a Desired Weight? (and keep it there!! lol.) So far...i keep a "Food Journal" and tally all PROTEIN and FAT intake for Each Meal/Each Snack, Etc...how does this sound for starters?

XcelKrush said:
Good but you want to watch carbohydrates too.

ok, i thought i could get away without counting those too ...but i guess not? :rolleyes: lol. so now i'm back to Counting....Protein, Fat (& Carbs) How does that sound 4 starters? Wow, i wish i had a handy chart that made it easier?

Use the online nutrient database (can be found on google search). There is a good chance you will be able to remember most of it after seeing it a few times. And so many foods have nutrition labels, it makes it uber simple once you get going.

Some people just count protein and make sure they are hypocaloric at the end of the day.

At first you might as well be really anal about it all. You'll learn more that way.

Missfit4all said:
ok, i thought i could get away without counting those too ...but i guess not? :rolleyes: lol. so now i'm back to Counting....Protein, Fat (& Carbs) How does that sound 4 starters? Wow, i wish i had a handy chart that made it easier?

stu21Ldn said:
Good plan! i've just started recording a food journal over at www.fitday.com - would highly recomend it.

hey, i just glanced over there and it looks like a neat place (& great concept!) i'm going back 2 see what i can learn? :) Thanks for mentioning it to us, " Watch ur Weight(ers)" ! LOL.

To Xcel and Cardinal,

Great ideas to look into! Nutrient database found on Google....or make ur own chart in Word and/or Exel? Good 2 know stuff! :thumb: Count Carbs, crucial. Got it!

IML Gear Cream!
sara said:
I just read your fitday log for the 27'th

Tuna, canned, oil pack?? Best to go with canned tuna without the oil and then you can the fat on your own

Extra Lean Ham Ham is full of nitrates, etc.. whole chicken, fish, turkey, or beef is a better choice

:p
Yah but i cant stomach tinned tuna in brine :barf:

I know the hams not great but its the end of the month i have no money left so my foods not the best at the minute.

Thats why I mix my tuna with olive oil and some nice seasonings, spices :)

You certainly want to log your overall calorie intake, as well as your protein, fats and carbs.

Personally, I use a combination of a home-excel spreadsheet, pen + paper and Nutritiondata . But, if you want an online log, then I have found nutridiary to be far better than the other ones.

Back