• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

So tired all the time

Brak86

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey u all...ive noticed that the past two weeks...ive been so tired...ive gone to bed like an hour and a half earlier than usually and i take more naps...and during school im very tired...i hear sometimes this symptom could be the cause of overtraining; however, i find my workout plan wonderful for me. Ive noticed increasing weight and strength on all my muscle groups, and ive gotten to look better...but im still tired...maybe its just cause im a teen. I work out each muscle group twie a week...giving each group 72 hours of rest...i dont think i need to start only doin one muscle group a week because i dont train till failure on lifting days...im not a totally serious bb.

Well how much sleep are you getting?

about 9 and a half hours sometiems 10 these past 2 weeks...

What's your sleep pattern? You said you take naps and stuff. Is that included with your nap time or do you sleep 9-10 hours at night PLUS naps too?

9-10 hours not including naps :rolleyes: :D :thumb:

I wouldn't take naps at all. Have some kind of caffiene if you need to, but napping generally makes a person more lethargic and having a need for more sleep. Yes, there IS a thing as too much sleep. Also, you might want to take a week or so off of working out. Your body might just need rest. You should see better results and more sound sleeping patterns upon your return.

I've got the same problem, I took last week off, and I was good for that week only. But once I started working out on Monday, I needed my daily naps. However, I only get about 8-9 hours of sleep INCLUDING my naps (get about 5-6 nightly).

you could take a nap but don't make it more than 15-20 minutes.

^ Otherwise your brain starts to secrete certian chemicals (melatonin?) and that will make you more tired when you wake up, then when you went to sleep.

Originally posted by PreMier
^ Otherwise your brain starts to secrete certian chemicals (melatonin?) and that will make you more tired when you wake up, then when you went to sleep.

yes, long naps will cause sleep inertia.

this from a guy who takes naps while driving down the highway.

:D

IML Gear Cream!
im sort of the same way. i work out 3 days a week. on days where i know i will workout later, i get tired, and get really tempted to take naps. this is really only during the school year, i just dont think its natural for me to wake up before noon. i can adjust to a sleep schedule but its still just not right. i heard something like people naturally have a sleep schedule, and although they can make a schedule feel more natural, it wont be completely natural. i have to just get used to it because my natural sleep schedule is going to sleep at sunrise and waking up at sunset :p

Is it really hot at the moment where you live? For me whenever it's Summer here I always feel more lazy

i live in texas but its cold right now....i plan to having a whole week off during spring break in about a month

Originally posted by Brak86
i live in texas but its cold right now....i plan to having a whole week off during spring break in about a month
You don't know the meaning of cold in Texas. The other day the HIGH temperature here was 3 below zero. I'd kill for even 60 degree weather right now.

Originally posted by vanity
you could take a nap but don't make it more than 15-20 minutes.

HELL NO!

i get no more than 8hrs of sleep at night. and its not good sleep. i wake up a few times during the night, and get up to pee religiously every 5am or 6am. then i go back to bed till 8 when i wake up.

if it werent for naps, i wouldnt be able to function. a 1.5hr nap during the day, before i workout, makes me feel like a million bucks. in fact, i look forward to my naps. i take one just about every weekday

yes, i do wake up tired sometimes. but i give myself at least 30min before i go train. plus i crank some Metallica to wake my ass up........

I don't think most people need more sleep than 9-10 hours, but everyone is different. However, I tend to think you just need to take a week off. A lot of people on these forums take off a week every 3-6 months or so, someimtes even more frequently than that. I have also read that lethargy is a sign of overtraining.

Trust me, you are probably going through a growth spurt. Many teenagers who work out will go through periods of increased need for sleep. Many, who are seriously training will continue to train but listin to their body when it comes to extra sleeping and naps. Remember, it's in sleep that the growth hormone is secreted.

As for naps, each person is different. There are studies that show people who nap live longer than those who don't...(the siesta idea should be a public health policy! ) However, some people seriously disturb their sleep patterns at night if they take too long of a nap, but wether that is 15 min or 90min, only you know the length of napping that is going to affect your regular sleep schedule.

thats all fine and dandy for u guys to take naps ect ect... but i have a sleeping disorder ..even if i feel tired to fuck it takes me 3-4 hrs of being laid there trying to sleep before i even nod of... to nap for me would be totally impossible....

im a teen also ...but i dont get tired...my ambitions keep me going ...i just WILL NOT be fat ne more and being tired will not get in my way

peace

If your tired, then you need rest. Whether its the occasional nap or less training or both, listen to you body ESPEICALLY when your a teenager.

IML Gear Cream!
ah dont worry about me..

im not that crazy....just a lil :twitch:

peace:thumb:

Back