• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Red Sox on the werge of landing Curt Schilling and Keith Foulke

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A deal is in place that would bring Curt Schilling to Boston in exchange for Casey Fossum, Brandon Lyon, and two others. All that stands in the way of this is Schilling's approval, but he is said to be very excited about this.

In addition, the Red Sox are said to be on the verge of signing free agent closer Keith Foulke, who led the AL in saves last season with 43.

Potential Red Sox pithing rotation next season:

Pedro Martinez
Curt Schilling
Derek Lowe
Tim Wakefield
Byun Hung Kym

Keith Foulke closing

Shit, that is IMPRESSIVE! I hope to hell Theo Epstein makes this happen! :banana:

Schilling also wants a contract extension before this will happen

Originally posted by IainDaniel
Schilling also wants a contract extension before this will happen

Word is he wants a two year extension, which the Red Sox would be willing to give him. It's very possible Pedro Martinez will not be around after next season, and having Schilling around will bridge the gap between Pedro and whatever ace the Sox can land next.

I guess it is meant to happen by Friday, Schilling had a news conference Yesterday, and has spoken to Boston Management.

MLB gave Schilling 72 hours to make a decision, and since it's a holiday week, that 72 hours expires Friday at 5:00 PM. Red Sox management is flying out to Arizona tonight to meet with him tomorrow.

I was at the gym last night and a guy told me the Sox are trying to pick up a big pitcher. since i dont watch tv that much i had no idea who he was talking about til late last night when on espn.com. i saw it and was like HOLY SHIT.

That would be incredible if the Sox got Schilling (and Foulke now too??? WOW).

That would be awesome. It's just like in the NBA, where all the good players are trying/get traded to get on the preverbial nasty teams (Payton, Malone-Lakers.......Jamison, Antoine-Mavs). Guess the sox gotta keep up with the yanks (who arent doing shabby themselves as they are on the verge of signing Sheffield)

Now, alls we need is A-Rod (moving Nomar to 3rd) at short and Vlad in right field!

Everything is coming up Millhouse. I mean Red Sox.

Eeeeeeeexcellent.

This is fantastic. I so feared that the Yankees would ship out Soriano for Shilling, which would be a huge mistake.

Plus, it almost guarantees that Steinbrenner will open up the wallet for Colon and Sheff, and a stellar set up man like Hawkins.

Matsui is not out of the picture either.

Originally posted by Flex
Now, alls we need is A-Rod (moving Nomar to 3rd) at short and Vlad in right field!

Dude, those A-Rod rumors just won't die! He said he'll accept a trade to two teams: Boston or New York. However, I don't see either team willing to pick up the remainder of that ludicrous contract, especially not Boston if they are unable to move Manny to another team. Steinbrenner just might be stupid enough out of desperation if the Sox land Schilling though.

Originally posted by Twin Peak
This is fantastic. I so feared that the Yankees would ship out Soriano for Shilling, which would be a huge mistake.

Plus, it almost guarantees that Steinbrenner will open up the wallet for Colon and Sheff, and a stellar set up man like Hawkins.

Matsui is not out of the picture either.

Arizona wanted both Soriano AND Nick Johnson for Schilling, which NY would not accept. Now Arizona is accepting what seems to be much less in Brandon Lyon, Casey Fossum, and two minor leaguers. Rumor has it the AZ owner and Steinbrenner do NOT get along, and Arizona accepting the Boston offer was in part to piss off George. That does not surprise me. This certainly would cause George to open his wallet, especially since it appears Andy Pettitte could very well sign with the Astros.

That would be incredible if the Sox got Schilling (and Foulke now too??? WOW).

If this goes down, with our starting five, Foukle as the closer, and Williamson, Timlin, and Embree working middle relief, we'd have arguably the best pitching staff in baseball.

Can ya tell I'm excited??? :D :D

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
AZ owner and Steinbrenner do NOT get along, and Arizona accepting the Boston offer was in part to piss off George.

People don't like George :hmmm: :hehe:

Arizona wanted both Soriano AND Nick Johnson for Schilling, which NY would not accept. Now Arizona is accepting what seems to be much less in Brandon Lyon, Casey Fossum, and two minor leaguers. Rumor has it the AZ owner and Steinbrenner do NOT get along, and Arizona accepting the Boston offer was in part to piss off George. That does not surprise me. This certainly would cause George to open his wallet, especially since it appears Andy Pettitte could very well sign with the Astros.

Yeah, it was a good deal for the Sox, but it would have been a crappy one for the Yanks.

I am really happy it happened. Now just wait and see what George will do. If his baseball people keep him in line, it will be good things to come.

The Sox won't land Vlad, or any other superstar, except maybe Foulke. A-Rod for Manny may very well happen, but if A-Rod goes over Nomar and Manny are gone, so its not much of an improvement, talent-wise.

As a Yankee fan this is a win-win situation.

Dude, those A-Rod rumors just won't die! He said he'll accept a trade to two teams: Boston or New York. However, I don't see either team willing to pick up the remainder of that ludicrous contract, especially not Boston if they are unable to move Manny to another team. Steinbrenner just might be stupid enough out of desperation if the Sox land Schilling though.

It supposedly woud be Arod for Manny straight up. They're waiting on the Texas owners to agree.

If so, what woould happen to Nomar? Would he move to 3rd (hopefully), or would they trade him(hopefully not). Personally, i love nomar. the guy is an overall great bball player. he hits for both average and power, has the best arm of any shortstop, always hustles and wants to win as bad as anyone. but i guess if they bring in Arod, they'll still be making an upgrade.....Nomar would be missed

It supposedly woud be Arod for Manny straight up. They're waiting on the Texas owners to agree.

If so, what woould happen to Nomar? Would he move to 3rd (hopefully), or would they trade him(hopefully not). Personally, i love nomar. the guy is an overall great bball player. he hits for both average and power, has the best arm of any shortstop, always hustles and wants to win as bad as anyone. but i guess if they bring in Arod, they'll still be making an upgrade.....Nomar would be missed

I am guessing if A-Rod comes to Boston, Nomar would be shopped around. Since Nomar's contract is up and there is a chance he'll test free agency, the Sox might try to get something for him now, rather than wait until next off season and get nothing in return. I'd hate to see Nomar go.

Manny for A-Rod straight up would be cool, but I hear salary issues are getting in the way of that deal. It'd be nice to find a way to keep A-rod AND Nomar. Hell, move one them to 2nd base to fill the void left by Todd Walker.

Just how stupid are the Texas owners anyway? Offensively the two are almost equal, but defensively, Arod is head and shoulders better.

Hell, move one them to 2nd base to fill the void left by Todd Walker.

Um, did you actually watch Walker play defense? He WAS a void at second base.

Originally posted by CaptainDeadlift
Just how stupid are the Texas owners anyway? Offensively the two are almost equal, but defensively, Arod is head and shoulders better.

But they'd save around $10 mil a year.

Originally posted by Twin Peak
Um, did you actually watch Walker play defense? He WAS a void at second base.

True, but now that he has decided to sign elsewhere for more money, you've got put a body in that defensive position. :)

First of all A-Rod is not going to get traded. Texas doesn't want to even think about having all that money tied up in Manny (especially since he only plays when he wants to). Second if the Sox sign Schilling it will be a one year wonder at best, Pedro, Lowe & Nomar are all free agents next year and they will most likely lose 2 out of the 3 to free agency. There is no way the Yanks should trade either Soriano or Johnson for Schilling. They will resign Pettite and it looks like they are also going to sign Sheffield. I would be surprised to see them sign Colon or trade for Valdez to sure up the pitching staff and sign a quality middle relief pitcher to go along with Karsey (remember him he'll be back and as nasty as ever) next year. Word is that they are possibly going to sign someone to take over a 2nd, move Soriano to left & Matsui to center and make Bernie the full time DH. Could possibly be Matsui if they can convince him to move to 2nd.

If Bernie becomes the full time DH, where does that leave Giambi? I would think that Nick Johnson is their first baseman for the forseeable future.

IML Gear Cream!
Please stop whoring this thread with talk of Yankee nonsense.

:p

i might be wrong but isn't Foulke still in Oaktown at this moment?

if so, who is oakland's new closer gonna be?

Originally posted by oaktownboy
i might be wrong but isn't Foulke still in Oaktown at this moment?

He is a free agent. He doesn't have a team. I don't know where he physically is at the moment, but he has spent the last two days in Boston for interviews. He and the Sox GM were at the Celtics game last night. :)

(Theo Epstein on the left, Foulke on the right)
1069760416_6548.jpg

ah dammit...what can i say..A's let go of another good player....did they refuse to resign him or did he want to leave?

I don't know. You're in Oakland...you tell us. :D

hey if i knew i would tell you...the truth is Oakland is always letting go of players because they can't afford them....it's a sad situation

Don't mean to bump this thread up but a great signing by the Red Sox. Let's hope we can steal Foulke away from the A's. =)

Back