• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bronson Arroyo dealt

tucker01

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Bronson Arroyo was traded to the Reds, for a backup outfielder Pena.

I was an Arroyo fan sad to see him go.

I have mixed feelings about him. :shrug:

I just hate seeing members of the Championship team leaving. Kinda always want it to be like it was then. I know it's foolish from a baseball perspective, but that season was so much fun.

sucks for him...Reds? ouch

You can never have too much pitching.

I thought he was a decent picther.......................................................wasn't he effective against the Yankees.

Good deal for Bos..although I think Pena is a little overated.

Still I don't think Arroyo was in the rotation anyways and if he was he's easily replaceable

Arroyo was a solid starter and I hate to see him go. The Sox are getting a pretty good 4th outfielder though who destroys left handed pitching. Pena is only 24 years old too, so he's got a lot of potential.

So I guess this answers the question of whether or not Jonathan Papelbon will start the season in the starting rotation or the bullpen.

This is an excellent trade. It was evident late last season that Arroyo was one of those guys, like an Aaron Small last year for the Yankees, that when you see him a couple of times, you begin to figure him out.

If you sit on his curveball, even I could make pretty good contact. Personally, even though he's a hell of a kid and i hate to see him go, he's better off in the National League seeing some new hitters.

As for Wily Mo. The kid is going to be a star. Mark my words. He'll be frustrating at times with how often he strikes out, but he's going to hit the ball, and hit it hard.

Not to mention.

Among the top 20 K leaders in the Major Leagues last season:

Adam Dunn, Richie Sexson, Troy Glaus, Jason Bay, Jim Edmonds, Alex Rodriguez, Bobby Abreu, Miguel Cabrera, David Ortiz and Mark Teixeira.

I'd take any of those guys on my team, and Pena, only 24, figures to be among that list, but also among those same players in other important categories aswell.

IAB - Papelbon will still be in the bullpen, this doesn't answer anything. The rotation will be Beckett, Schilling, Wakefield, Clement, Wells in that order to start the season according to reports i've read. Papelbon will be in the bullpen, most likely the back of it though.

Has David Wells even pitched yet in Spring Training? I'm seriously asking. How is he going to start the season in the rotation when it's two weeks away and he has not even thrown to a live hitter yet?

He pitched yesterday and did rather well, but I agree. He's spending more time complaining than pitching, ugh.

IML Gear Cream!
Ah, I just read on boston.com that he won't be ready until mid-April.

The rotation is looking good though! :thumb: Hopefully Clement will bounce back after a tough 2nd half last season.

I Are Baboon said:

The rotation is looking good though! :thumb: Hopefully Clement will bounce back after a tough 2nd half last season.

Yeah he was kind of disappointing the last half, from when he got hit in the face to the end of the season. Hopefully he has a solid year.

I Are Baboon said:

Isn't that the track record for Clement? Solid first half of the season and then he tails off after the All-Star break. He did it with the Cubs and he stayed true to form last year for Boston.

Actually, Clement had a better second half in 2003, 2002, 2001, and 2000. He tailed off in 2004 which could be credited to just having a tired arm and tailed off last year most likely because he got hit in the face with a baseball.

I don't buy into that mess that he's not a good second half pitcher, even though he was brutal at times to watch last year.

I hate pro baseball! Arroyo was one of my favorite sox. He had a nasty curveball.

Back