• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Suit Selection?

jstar

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Being that I am still pretty new to the competition scene, I was wondering if someone (J'Bo perhaps) could create a post on how to determine what posing suit flatters your physique and how to determine that. My comp in April has 2 rounds: one with a 2 piece black bikini and one with a decorated/anystyle you prefer bikini. I am sure others would also like to have input on how to choose a one piece as well. Thanks!!!

Jstar,

If you have a good seamstress where you live you can always use them. I use a lady up in Dallas to make mine. She has my measurements and goes from there.

You can also look at fitness/bodybuidling magazines to see what styles you like. You want your suit to hide any flaws plus accent your best features. Select colors that do not wash you out but add to your overall appearnce.

thanks for the links--i was actually thinking of buying one from suitsyouswimwear.com.

i need to buy a plain black bikini for this show (figure) and i know it should hide my flaws and accentuate my strengths....my question is how do i know what styles do that? genetically i am pear shaped with narrower shoulders and wider hip bones I am tall, 5'8" and my best feature is probably my legs. I have a long torso too. I know I need an underwire top because I am small up there once I diet down. Can someone recommend what type top would make my shoulders appear wider and what style bottoms would show off my lower body the best?

JSTAR...you NEED to go to a seamstress. buying a ready made suit will just not do for a comp. you will need it costumized to fit you. general rule is that you need the butt smaller than you think and you will need to emphasize your strong points. what do you feel is your strong bodypart? then you must try to cover or enhance lacking bodyparts. its a VERY specific process and so if you want to pm me a pic of you i can search for a style that would best suit you. i helped shorty pick a suit and she got some great ones.

p.s underwire is done with and even though you have small boobs NO judges like underwire anymore. padding is the only way to go. if the suit is made for you it will make you look like you have a chest.

p.s.s i cant really tell form a despcription of your bod what suit would be best. but if you pm me pics i could suggest a few ;)

I am VERY small up top when I diet down...I would be lucky to fill a minus A cup. What my seamstress does is add padding to the top to make it look like I have more up top than I really do.

As far as bottoms, you'll want something with a narrow cut in the rear and high on the hips. Like J'Bo says..its hard to say without knowing what your body looks like. With me, its been trial and error on finding a suit that looks best on me.

I believe there is an image in the pic gallery of my last suit I had made.

JLB001, nice comp picture!!!

J'Bo, I will PM you a recent pic but it won't be for a few days. My trainer took some digitals of me on day 1 of our training (those are not pretty!!!:eek:) I also have some pics from my last comp I can send you too~ thanks!!!!

Jstar you can email me the pics if you would like too.
We will get you all suited up dont you worry ;)

Yeah, um, Im gonna need some of those pics aswell. :grin:

Your seamstress will tell you what looks and will add to your physique.....She'll determine where the cross should go on your back.....High or low, etc...etc............

And hey....post them pics!!!!!! We wanna see:thumbs:

Good luck with your comp! When is it?

Back