• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Another shoulder pain question.

Michael D

Working on a new me!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I have a bit of pain coming from one of my shoulders. Not much and it only is noticeable under a light strain.

I did these exercises today: Military press to the front, front, side and bent lateral raises with dumbells, and bent over dumbell rows.

I didn't go behind the neck and I warmed up with about 60 percent of the max weight. Seeing all these posts about the rotator cuff has me paranoid.

I'd stop doing direct shoulder exercises until the pain is gone. Try some rotator cuff exercises.

Remember that your shoulder is involved in every upper body exercise so they will get some indirect work.

Originally posted by LazyByNature
I'd stop doing direct shoulder exercises until the pain is gone. Try some rotator cuff exercises.

Remember that your shoulder is involved in every upper body exercise so they will get some indirect work.

I noticed it tonight when I would try to pick something up in front of me with my arm extended. Or when I rotate my arm.

It wouldn't have caused me to stop working out but like I said I am a bit paranoid.

I am going to wait until the soreness is gone and then try another shoulder workout with a lot of warmup sets and progressing weight. I will also try some rotator exercises.

Thanks.

The shoulder is a very mobile joint and this makes it very susceptible to injury.

If I were you I would avoid upper body exercises until the pain subsides. However, you should stretch your shoulder daily in the meantime.

Also, incorporate some rotator cuff exercises into your workouts. Light weight , higher reps. If done correctly these exercises can be quite effective and difficult.

What are some rotator cuff exercises? Can you please list a few?

Well the pain went away so I did some military presses and lateral raises today. No sign of trouble yet. I did a few more warm up sets this time. Don't know what the problem was but maybe I am alright now.

Back