• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

T-Bar Rows v.s. Bent-Over Barbell Rows

I'd say there's not that much difference except for the fact that t-bar rows would tend to use a more narrow grip. They are both good, compound movements which work the back. Just switch things up for variety.

t-bar rows = supported spine = safer

less risk vs. reward. I dropped barbell rows years ago.

patrick

t-bar rows = supported spine = safer

less risk vs. reward. I dropped barbell rows years ago.

patrick

I agree. As you get older, things like that really matter.

Do you think t-bar targets middle back better? Close grips feel that way to me.

Having read patricks article i have to agree ,when it comes to barbell rows the flexion of the hips and spine stability are massive limiting factors as i now have trouble keeping form past a certain load. To me this means i have to be very strict when increasing my weights so i do not over-reach and begin using poor form.

I am focusing on controlling loads using RDLs , i believe this will help my bent rows.

Tbar rows ,for me, are a lot more comfortable (at least to keep strict form) when it comes to heavier loads - i guess this is due to the load moving through a more even plane (similiar to a machine) and perhaps a bit of counterbalancing for a few cheat reps!

RC

I agree. As you get older, things like that really matter.

They may matter as YOU get older. I just re-discovered barbell rows and my back is stronger than ever. :D

I enjoy one arm t-bar rows. Using smaller plates (25 lbs) increases the range of motion. Adding and dropping weights is easy for when I do pyramids as well. When I do an upper day, it's also easy to superset rowing and corner presses. I like em. : )

Back