• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

New Routine Rank/Judge: And some friendly advice please

tyman502

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello everyone, it has been awhile since i changed my rountine, and after going to college i no longer look as tone, or as cut as i was only four months ago. I previsouly weighed 175 pds and now i weigh about 185. I would really like to start working on my summer body and would really liked to get toned and cut before May. My general question is should i change my sets to 6, and my reps to 8. Or in general what is the best set and rep combo to get toned and have musscle definitoin? Im going to go with a 2 day split routine with a push pull system. Mondays and Thursdays will be set aside for a push routine. While Tuesdays and Fridays will be used for a pull routine. Here is what I came up so far. Thanks for looking and input is appreciated.

Mondays and Thursdays ( push)

Bench Press-132(10 reps)
Bench Press-152(8 reps)
Bench Press-172(6 reps)

Seated Leg Press-180(10 reps)
Seated Leg Press-360(8 reps)
Seated Leg Press-450(6 reps)

Dumbbell Flys-15's (10 Reps)
Dumbbell Flys-30's (8 reps)
Dumbbell Flys-40's (6 reps)

Dumbbell Lunge-30's (10 reps)
Dumbbell Lunge-35's(8 reps)
Dumbbell Lunge-45's(6 reps)

Dumbbell Shoulder Press-40's(10 reps)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press-50's(8 reps)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press-55's(6 reps)

45 Degree Calf Press(on same machine as Seated Leg Press)-180(10 reps)
-270(8 reps)
-270(8 reps)

Tricep Press down-120(10 reps)
Tricep Press down-140(8 reps)
Tricep Press down-160(6 reps)

Barbell Lying Tricep Extension-45(10 reps)
Barbell Lying Tricep Extension-65(8 reps)
Barbell Lying Tricep Extension-75(6 reps)

Tuesdays and Fridays(Pull)

Cable Front Pulldown-120(10 reps)
Cable Front Pulldown-140(8 reps)
Cable Front Pulldown-170(6 reps)

Cable Rear Pulldown-130(10 reps)
Cable Rear Pulldown-150(8 reps)
Cable Rear Pulldown-170(6 reps)

Seated Leg Curl-150(10 reps)
Seated Leg Curl-170(8 reps)
Seated Leg Curl-190(6-8 reps)

Seated High Row-160(10 reps)
Seated High Row-200(8 reps)
Seated High Row-220(6 reps)

Barbell Upright Row-45(10 reps)
Barbell Upright Row-85(8 reps)
Barbell Upright Row-90(6-8 reps)

Bicep Curl with Barbells-25's(10 reps)
Bicep Curl with Barbells-35's(8 reps)
Bicep Curl with Barbells-40's(6 reps)

Abs and Obloquies

Again thanks for taking a look, keep in mind i could really care less about strengh right now and just want to looked toned. Any suggestions or changes to the routine are gladly appreciated, Thanks guys.

Where's the posterior chain work? Lower body pulling movements are important. Leg curls are kinda lame. I would do some kind of movement that focuses on hip extension as opposed to knee flexion. The glutes are important too.

I would scrap the upright rows.

I actually think that is kind of a lot of volume if you're going to do a push-pull program 4 days a week.

also, are you going to do the exact same loading on both days?

Hey, instead of leg presses i will throw in the squats. And instead of upright rows what should i insert there???? And im still wondering on my sets, and reps. Should i move to a six rep roatation?

Bench Press-132(10 reps)
Bench Press-152(8 reps)
Bench Press-172(6 reps)

are you those the amount in Lbs/pounds you do?

Bench Press-132(10 reps) Bench Press-152(8 reps) Bench Press-172(6 reps) Seated High Row-160(10 reps) Seated High Row-200(8 reps) Seated High Row-220(6 reps) .[/QUOTE said:
You can do seated rows with more weight than you can bench press? With me its the other way around. my back is a little weaker than my chest. Just thought that was odd...............

Yes Digital it is? But it has been tweked somewhat already as i have found that some weight is to heavy and some weight is to light.

Back