• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Should i always feel sore the day after?

Toughenuff

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just wondering if this plays an important part in gaining size. Say for example i train my chest, shoulders and triceps and one day, should i feel sore at all in those target muscles the next day to ensure that i have trained hard enough? or is that irrelevant?

i ask because it seems that only certain muscles feel sore the next day after a work out yet theres other muscles that dont feel sore at all? especially the smaller muscle groups like arms and shoulders

Cheers!

I only get sore in my chest and quads, other than that I get only slightly sore in the other muscles....and some of them I never get sore.

Thats the same with me, im always sore after a chest and leg workout

I guarantee you, all the pros on here will answer NO to the question you posted in the subject.

I get sore after every time i train. except for biceps they never hurt. but since i started almost 3 years ago i always get sore.

NEW_IN_THE_GAME said:
I get sore after every time i train. except for biceps they never hurt. but since i started almost 3 years ago i always get sore.

For me, the soreness goes away after 2 months of training after a long break unless i do something outta the ordinary like greatly increase the volume.

Soreness is not an indicator of a successful workout. Period.

Gauge the success of your workouts by PROGRESSION.

If you were able to handle a heavier weight, or crank out an extra rep or 2, you did your job.

There a multitude of factors that affect how sore you will or will not get, and although soreness can sometimes be a satisfying feeling, it is not indicative of a growth-producing workout.

The muscles in my legs get sore the most. Usually my upper body muscles don't get as sore. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't, even if I do the same routine. Usually when I incorperate a new exercise I'll get sore. For example, my chest might get sore the next day after working it out but I just starting doing db flies and they are still sore after day 3.

Super_Sean said:
:thumb:

Super_Sean said:
Soreness is not an indicator of a successful workout. Period.

If you were able to handle a heavier weight, or crank out an extra rep or 2, you did your job.

There a multitude of factors that affect how sore you will or will not get, and although soreness can sometimes be a satisfying feeling, it is not indicative of a growth-producing workout.
I hear this all the time and agree with is to a point but I do think it has its place in keeping track of how your workouts are going.

IML Gear Cream!
Super_Sean said:

Exactly. It's really not that complicated. You have a goal. Okay, so measure to see you if you are progressing in that area. If your goals is mass, then weigh yourself, take measurements, test your body fat, etc. If your goal is strength, keep a log and see if you go up in weight or work per set...

ForemanRules said:
I hear this all the time and agree with is to a point but I do think it has its place in keeping track of how your workouts are going.

If your goal is getting sore, than this is certainly true. But if your goals are getting stronger, than this is of no concern.

squanto said:
If your goal is getting sore, than this is certainly true. But if your goals are getting stronger, than this is of no concern.

All I can say is that when I get sore from training I always get bigger and stronger so their is some usefulness in it. Now if all I did was 200 pushups every day then I would agree with you...it wouldnt equate to shit as far as size.
Bottom line if you don't get sore then you are a pussy in the gym.

Back