• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Does anyone have a link of what free weight exercise to do to assist with weight loss

* Expenditure of calories during workout
* Increased metabolic needs via increased LBM which burns calories to sustain itself

Wow jodi that link is mega informative, thank you

Do you know which are best to do for a general work out?

So far I have tried the wrist, upper arm and chest and back exercise... I can feel all those muscles working.

I just need to know how many reps of exercise should be done and which exercises to do, Alot of these are real fun to do... learning how to excercise with dumbells again!

Last edited:
trail, since you are just starting out and (sort of) knowing your condition, I would take your resistance exercise really easy at the beginning. Your supporting muscles are going to be very important because of your structure (please don't take offense to that it is not meant that way). Things like your hips, shoulders, knees and wrists are going to be very important.

If you are going to be starting out I would begin with fairly light weight, something you can lift for 15-20 repetitions at a perceived exertion of about 7 out of 10 to start with - enough to feel it, but not to the point you are straining yourself. Make all of your movements slow and controlled - at least 2 seconds to lift and lower anything.

Remember to try to make your movements functional as well - lifting, pushing, pulling, and even bending and squatting once you can handle it. A good way to start with the lower body is to do chair sits - just get up and down from a chair slowly and think about using your lower body to push yourself up (if you can handle it at this point).

Good to hear you are starting some resistance work - it will help. Remember it isn't about how much you lift, it is doing it properly to establish a solid base that counts at the start.

How did your weigh in go the other day?

By the way trail, what is wrong with your hip? Is it avascular necrosis of the joint, severe osteoarthritis etc.? I would avoid some of the lower body excercises depending on what's wrong with your hip (the biking is ok). I might reserve some of the lower body workouts (weights) until you lose some more weight. (Remember...for every 10 pounds you lose, you decrease by 2000 lbs/sqaure inch the amount of pressure your hip and knee joints have to put up with.) That's why alot of orthopedists won't operate on a joint unless a person is at a certain minimal BMI so the new joints don't grind up and fail so soon after the surgery.

- Thank you for the information everyone, and pony i started a journal, i am down to 555 now!

Congrats man! :thumb: :thumb: Keep it up!

Congratulations on the new man you are becoming. It seems to me your diet and nutrition are doing quite well, the most important thing for you to do right now is stay motivated. At first times may be good, and the weight will drop fast. Other times it wont be so easy, and it may seem like your having to rip the weight from your body. The main thing to remember is, this will be much like a rollercoaster. You gotta stay focused through the ups and downs. You have ANY questions, I consider myself a knowlegable guy, feel free to pm me anytime.

Good luck... well, no i dont believe in luck...... instead ill say, keep up the good work.

Dave

Back