• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

3 times a week or everyday? sets?

wildheart25c

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi I'm Leo. i don't know why u have this post count policy to post images and links :S go to shapefit dot com and then videos. for two weeks iv been working on the first part "Individual Exercises by Muscle Group videos". I'v been doing it 3 times a week. But it takes forever. I walk for 20-30min then go back home and start these exercises. It takes around 3 hours. I know it's only been two weeks but should I switch my schedule? There are 9 parts in that group. How about I do 2 of them a day? I'm only speaking out of gut feeling here but i THINK that if i do 2 of these everyday (so I get 1 or 2 days off per week) it'd b better for me than doing it once every 3 days cuz my body will b in a constant workout mode.
What do you think? My objective is to loose fat. Lifting builds muscles thereby adding weight. It doesn't matter. I just want to loose fat while at hte same time giving my body a good workout. I don't go to gyms so I wont b using any machines. Just my dumbells, my squash racket, and 1500 calories a day.
So i ask you again, which is better? full body workout once every 3 days or working 2 parts of your body everyday?
Thanx.
I'm 26, 6ft tall weighing 316pounds. Ive gained 100pounds in 3 years. My obj isnt to loose weight but to get rid of my fat/build muscles. And another thing, the sets, how many? i do 3 sets of 10. I'm not looking for making any part of me any bigger. I'm big enough even before i gained all this weight. Just want to build up strength.
Thanx again

The rule about not posting links is to stop spammers clogging up the board with advertising, its a necessary evil.

I haven't gone to the website you talked about, because if this program is taking you 3 hours then its bad whether the information is right or not.

That said, you sound like you really don't know where to start with all this so i think you should read this fantastic post which should clear up pretty much all the questions you've posted here:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/new-members-begin-here/97077-read-me-first-homework-1-newbies.html

Welcome to the forums, i hope this helps. It may seem like a lot of reading, but it will be worth it.

let me try again. two ppl. one works out 3 times a week the other works out 5 times a week. i asked around and i was told that the former does a full body workout while the latter works on a diff part of his body everyday. seeing as i dont no the exercises that they do i decided to google it. i found a website (previous post). i saw 9 groups of exercises. i tried doing them all together and it took forever! so obviously im doing something wrong here. and i no that it doesnt help me at all if i do this the wrong way. so plz just answer these two questions
1- can i do 2 everday day? thts 4 days a week with 3 days of rest.
2- does it matter which 2 i do? like can i do triceps and chest then tomorrow back and biceps then the next day so and so? or is there a particular order here? if so plz let me no what it is.

i havent lifted weights since the day i made this post. i got caught up with other things. i read your reply and its cool knowing that u can get so much help here. but i just need answers. iv lost weight btw. just with my diet no workout. and like i said, i get caught up in my work a lot so even if i do my hw like u said, i probably wont follow it the way i should. thats why i work with what i have. and what i have are dumbells.

Thanx again.

Please read that homework 1 link that Gaz posted.

It's in my sig as well - the one on "how to start".

Please.

Short and long term physique goals
Seeing as I'm 100 pounds overweight ill go with cut first then build after

How "fat" you think you are
Enter your current weight, in pounds: 325.6
Enter your current body fat percentage: 36%
Enter your target body fat percentage: 20%
Enter expected muscle loss (negative for expected gains): -10
Enter desired rate of weight loss in pounds per week: 6
Calculate = This program does not think your weight loss rate of 6.0 is possible for humans on a cut. Did you make an error? Try again.

:D Ok first of all the -10 is a random number. I have no idea how much muscle I'll be gaining when I exercise. It says it's impossible to loose 6 pounds in a week so I put 5 and it worked. Also, I put 20% because that's the maximum norm that one can have for my age; 8-20% according to healthyforms dot com

Current lean weight: 208.6 pounds
Lean weight at end of cut: 218.6 pounds
Weight at end of cut: 273.3 pounds
Given your anticipated 10.0-pound muscle gain, you will hit your target bodyfat of 20.0 % at a body weight of 273.3 pounds.
At a loss of 5.0 pounds per week, you will hit your goal weight of 273.3 pounds in 10.5 weeks (about 2.6 months), which theoretically means running a caloric deficit of 2500.0 calories per day.

Most of that didn't make any sense to me. But I will say that when I was 100 pounds lighter I looked good. I wasn't tight and nowhere near muscular. If I worked out back then I'd have gotten tighter obviously.
Also, 2500 calories a day is a lot better for me than the 1500 I was told to get. Remember, all I can do is diet, walk, and use dumbells.

Anyways if you think the numbers I entered for muscle and weight loss are wrong, please fix them and post the results.

Like you said in your blog, I couldn't be arsed to track my intake for a week so by using 13 times my bodyweight, thts around 4238 :O That's a scary number
If it helps I can write down the calories of all the food that is available to meat the moment. If someone can "fix" the muscle and weight loss, and target fat % (if needed) please do so. It'll at least tell me how many calories I need to consume daily. Besides, it's quiet obvious that I get more than I need of proteins, fats, and carbs so no one needs to worry if I'm taking at least the minimum requirements :D
I did like what you said regarding 'comfortable' food and how it makes you feel like for example, I should keep my routine if I feel good eating nothing the entire day then stuffing myself at night. Though I have to ask, isn't it a bad idea to do that? :D Especially at night since you barely get any work out at night. It's one of the reasons why people gain weight. A late and possibly heavy dinner followed by no movement at all ie sleep a couple of hours later.

I can't do the exercises you added on youtube because aside from the one where I'm pushing up the weightbar, they all strain your knees. I'm not that fat to worry about my knees but I had a knee injury when I was playing squash several months ago and I think I developed a weakspot. Sort of like an Achelies Heel spot. That's why I'm looking into walking.

Ok so does this count as doing my homework? I added the numbers and I did my reading. When I came here I said I wanted to loose as much weight as I can in the period of 1-2 months. I'm changing that. Now I want to loose as much weight as I can without the 'stressful' diet. It's quiet obvious that I've developed a big apetite over the past 4 years adding to that the I like food. Thank god I'm too lazy to cook!

You say you looked "good" a hundred pounds lighter. That means at 215 you were probably under 20% - perhaps 15%? So if you were 15% bodyfat at 215 you currently likely had roughly 180 lbs of lean mass.

Assume you neither gain nor lose any muscle while you cut and we'll use that figure for now. A reasonable overall rate of fat loss at your size is 2-3 lbs a week, but this will slow CONSIDERABLY as you drop.

Your best plan at this point is likely very low carb, high fat and moderate protein. You'll almost certainly be able to drop your calories low enough to achieve a significant deficit by doing this, and there is plenty of research to support that not only is this safe, but you're perfectly fine eating nothing all day and eating most of your calories at night. Nobody gets fat by eating at night - they get fat by OVEREATING at night, remember that.

Have you seen a doctor about your knees? I agree you don't want to be doing heavy squats while one hundred pounds overweight, but you may be able to do bodyweight squats as you drop fat, and eventually weighted squats.

Perhaps talk to P-funk about what you can do until then.

Good luck.

wow. reasonable is 2-3 pounds a week and that will slow considerably as time passes? :O it'll take me several months at this rate o.o
well one has to try.
Ok thanx a lot for the reply. However my main question hasnt been answered yet. That website i added in my first post has all sorts of exercises to all parts of the body using dumbbells. I need to know if i can 2 parts of my body a day for 5 days and 2 days rest. If i can, is their a specific 2 that i have to do or i can do any 2?
im going to start today. I still have my list of food and their calories. Most of it is from subway and they have a pdf file u can downoad that tells u the exact number of fat carbs proteins etcetc of every meal. so ill focus on that.
I'll look for this pfunk fellow u asked me to talk to and see what he has to say. Thanx again.

Link in my sig has a workout for you to try, too.

It took a while to get fat, don't fret that it takes a while to get UN-fat. :)

Back