• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sugar substitutes

bludevil

To God be the Glory
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok guys and gals,

I just bought some sugar substitute at the grocery store (Nutra-Taste I think) to add to my oatmeal and protein shakes to add a little flavor to them. I couldn't believe how sweet 1 packet of this stuff was. It says on the box that 1 packet = 2 tp of sugar. My question is this, do you guys thinks that sugar subsititute's have the same effect on your body as sugar. I just have a hard time believing that something as sweet as this stuff has no nutritional value or no carbs. Thanks.

I know that 1 gram of aspartame has the same effect on insulin levels as 1 gram of sugar. However aspartame is 300 times sweeter than sugar so you need less. I think it would take alot of aspartame to spike your insulin. Stevia is a good natural alternative that you can buy at the health food store. Warning: it doesn't taste the best on everything! But it won't destroy your liver.

Splenda is a good one.. It is made from real sugar. Here is some info I copied directly from their site..

Splenda is the only no calorie sweetener that is made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar. Splenda is the sweetening ingredient that is already used to sweeten many low calorie foods and beverages. Splenda is now available at your favorite store in two forms -- granular, which measures and pours like sugar, as well as in packets to add to your favorite beverages.

Splenda is:
Ideal for the whole family and for people with diabetes.
Free of the unpleasant aftertaste often associated with some other artificial sweeteners.

You can also visit their website at www.splenda.com

The nutritionist at work recommends this product very highly...

karate girl,
the sweetner I have contains apartame in it. I don't want to use the stuff if it's going to give me the same insulin spike as regular sugar. I'm on a cutting phase right now. I'm fixing to get married and I want to look good for my future wife and for the honeymoon in Hawaii. :)

thanks.

I am a little in the dark on this. What exactly whill having the insulin spike do after you have finished working out. I asume that it is a bad thing, but i dont know the whole side of the story.

------------------
HickeyNC

Careful Asparatame is a poison most body building supplement manufacturers have begun to remove it from there products due to increasing pressure from there customers.

go here for some more detail http://www.aspartamekills.com

Steveo.

The body's cells respond to insulin by taking up glucose from the blood. The cells dispose of it by making glycogen or fat. We all know that we have limited glycogen stores. But to directly answer your question Hickey NC... after exercise your glycogen stores have been depleted. Your muscles are going to act like a sponge. Glucose in the blood will first restore your muscle glycogen stores, which I understand is approximately 400cals., and the rest.... well the rest goes into fat storage. Hope this helps.

ok, apartame is supposedly bad for you, which sugar substitute do you guys recommend. I know Splenda was suggestion earlier. Any other suggestions. I think I'm just going to hold off on the sugar substitutes right now anyway. I guess I can suffer a little taste to get the body I want.

IML Gear Cream!
yep i agree with karategirl that Stevia is good.

smile.gif
Anything with steve in it usually is
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Steveo (edited 03-15-2001).]

Back