• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training Break?

SnowManSnow

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey, I've been going pretty strong for about 2.5 months now. Is there a point at which I should take an entire week off and fully recover?

Was just curious.

thanks,

b

Some people will say every six weeks, some people will say every 2-3 months.

Just listen to your body. When you start to feel like you need it, take it...don't try to push through it too much.

I start thinking about a break when I begin having trouble recovering from previous workouts and gains seam to slow, stop, or even reverse. Allot of it has to do with what I do in between the times at the gym that cause me not to get enough rest especially if it involves other physical activity or stress.

well i dont guess im ready for a break yet, cause i can't wait to get to the gym today !!! guess im weird haha...

b

well i dont guess im ready for a break yet, cause i can't wait to get to the gym today !!! guess im weird haha...

b

That still doesnt mean you don't need a break.

On the flip side...I agree to just break when you want or feel the need. And who said 7 days is a magic number?

i like to take a 5 day break every 2 weeks

but im in a semi overtrained state the other portion

i work 4-5 days a week for 2 weeks then take an extended rest
-just my recent trend-

Back in my strength training days I'd take 4 days off every 4-5 weeks. I never hit a wall, ever.

Don't wait until your body can't take it anymore to take a break, it just takes longer to overcome that excess. It is like training through an injury, you longer do you it the longer it takes to recover from it. But 'overtraining' isn't an injury, so that makes it harder to feel and be aware of. You have to rely on your training history as information to better guide when you should take time off.

Always have periodized breaks in your program! Whether it is taking time off completely, doing light aerobic work or low intensity resistance, you really should.

he meant your grammar in your reply was in yoda speak, lol, as in it sounded like a quote from yoda and I lol'd at the reference!

â?????Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.â???

1st post to explain a yoda quote! yoda FTW!

IML Gear Cream!
I didn't even notice I messed up my grammar there.

much luck i wish be granted you

lol...man I looke all over the web for a link to a yoda emoticon but couldnt find one. I'm a starwars fan, not an extreme one that lives in the basement and never comes out and has memorabilia all over the place...

Much work I must do
Leave I must, hmmm?

Yoda meets Luke

Yoda cuts up some rug!

ahh
yoda...

you seek yoda

Hi all..
I've been training now non stop for around 3 years with maybe a two or three day break here and there.
But just lately i've found my routines a real battle to get through and even some exercieses going backwards (down in weight).
I think i need to take a break from the gym for at least a week...
I this the right thing to do ?...
I'm starting to feel the guilts from just missing this Monday not sure what state i'll be in next Monday....but i spose if it's got to be done it's got to be done hey ?

Whatever way you look at it, 3 years without a layoff is excessive. You grow at rest, not when you're training.

Like was said above, a week off every 6-8 weeks is a pretty good start.

Sounds to me like you were over-reaching or over-training even. Don't listen to people when they say "you have to work through it!" because they're idiots.

Just enjoy the week off, hell take two weeks and have a vacation. You wont lose everything you've achieved in that time, but you might do if you keep slogging away training when your body wants a time-out.

Seriously, its fine. Take the time to re-design your training programs, and just make the most of the excuse to relax, mate :thumb:

Thanks Gazhole i apreciate the advise..
Supose your right ..i should just sit back and relax....But would i be doing any harm by going for a light jog every day till then?

he meant your grammar in your reply was in yoda speak, lol, as in it sounded like a quote from yoda and I lol'd at the reference!

â?????Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.â???

1st post to explain a yoda quote! yoda FTW!

lol...I never saw this.

(high fives another star wars nerd)

Hi all..
I've been training now non stop for around 3 years with maybe a two or three day break here and there.
But just lately i've found my routines a real battle to get through and even some exercieses going backwards (down in weight).
I think i need to take a break from the gym for at least a week...
I this the right thing to do ?...
I'm starting to feel the guilts from just missing this Monday not sure what state i'll be in next Monday....but i spose if it's got to be done it's got to be done hey ?

Oh god...Thanks gaz....

This kinda stuff makes me cringe. Its not the way.
I'm 33 and I'm starting to tell people I'm not gonna do too many exercises that I can't see my self doing when I'm 60.
Take it easy. Like Gaz said you don't grow in the gym
You dont burn fat in the gym. I love telling people this it wakes them up. Its a slow process. It will come.
Your body doesnt know aesthetic stress from "Oh shit" stress. Youre killing yourself.....well faster then you have to....cause everything is killing us.

Back