PCT Timing.... does it matter?
Okay now I am sure this subject gets beat to death. We all know propper PCT is a must, no argument there. And I think we can all agree there is a million different ways to skin that cat. What I am looking for is information for myself (and others) about something I believe gets over looked.
Now we all know that different esters have certain approximate half lives associated with it. Lets take a look at the enanthate ester for example. Now I have seen the half-life range 7-11 days, but lets just say 7 days to make this question a little bit easier. Now me being a relative newbie to steroid cycling I only know as much as I have read on the internet and in books so go easy if I am missing something. Typicaly when you read somebody post about how to do a propper PCT they will generaly say you start PCT x days after the last pin (REGARDLESS OF THE DOSE TAKEN) depending on the ester. So you will see somebody post something like start PCT 3 days after last pin of ace or 7 days after last pin of enanthate. Okay well that makes sense I guess right? Wait about 1 half-life then start PCT right?? I have also read many times that you WAIT to start at PCT till the levels of hormones in your blood approach the natural level so that recover can actually begin as the suppressive hormones are now almost negligible, but if you think about it it will not be the same 3 days or 7 days for every dose. Does anybody disagree with this information? It seems to be a bit of a contradiction IMO.
This is were I want to know more information and opinions. Okay so how exactly can I start recovery at the same time as my buddy if I am taking twice the dose as him? Shouldn't I wait an extra half-life to reach the same blood concentration levels as him? In other words does the actual dose of steroids matter to PCT timing? I have read that about 100mg or test is roughly equal to the average amount of natural testosterone that a man has in his blood. Now this raises another question in my mind. If I wait enough half-lives till the endogenous test is low enough to be near my natural levels then what about the other compounds I am taking. What if after all the half-lives I waited I have the equivalent of 100mg of test AND 100mg of tren still in my system? Supposedly that 100mg of test is equal to my natural levels, but that tren will still be quite suppressive. I ask these questions because there are online calculators that take dose into account, but they do not always seem to take the number of compounds into account and they do not tell me what amount of homrones they wait for to start PCT. I realize at this point I might be splitting hairs, but I want to know what you all think. What all should I take into account to time my PCT correctly?
I dont mean to add another question to this mix, but it seems pretty relevant. When working with longer esters like enanthate would there be anything wrong with taking an oral (like tbol) after my last pin of enanthate? My reasoning would be I could taper my tbol dose up slowly while I allow the enanthate levels to drop slowly and keep me from crashing. Then when the enantathe levels get low enough to start recovery (according to one of the online calculators) I could drop the tbol and go right into the PCT a day or two later? It seems like a common enough practice to kick start a cycle with orals so would I be out in left field thinking I could use an oral to wait till my blood level clear instead of (or in addition to) waiting for blood levels to build up? Similar concept right?
Now to clear this up as well as give us some numbers to actually discuss this is what I plan to do if I implement the idea of timing my PCT out rather than going with the "cookie cutter 7 days after last pin" style. I am not neccisarily looking for cycle advice, but if you have some feel free to blow me up.
week 1 (front load)
test e 750mg/week
tren e 1200mg/week
mast e/p 1200mg/week
test e 250mg/week
tren e 400mg/week
mast e/p 400mg/week
week 11-12.5 (10 days imediately proir to pct)
week 12.5 PCT
Obviously I will run caber and AI as needed with bloods to make sure. I will have plenty on hand. According to one of the calculators I found it said that it would take about 4.5 weeks for hormone levels to drop to about 50mg test, 100mg tren, and 100mg mast (not taking into account the mast is 150mg/ml enanthate and 50mg/ml propinate but that is probably negligable). Hence waiting till week 12.5 to stop the tbol (maybe a few days early to let the tbol clear) and start PCT. What do you guys think?