Should I start an AI or wait
Here's my history. Been on trt for several months now. Started with testim for about 6 weeks, crashed my test levels, so I switched to injections. Went with 100mg test cyp weekly for 6 weeks, levels were a bit low, so doc bumped it up to 150mg weekly for the last 6 weeks.
On 100mg weekly:
Testosterone Free (6-8 - 21.5 pg/mL) 10.1
Testosterone (348 - 1197 ng/dL) 416
Estradiol (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL) 27.3
On 150mg weekly:
Testosterone Free (6-8 - 21.5 pg/mL) 12.5
Testosterone (348 - 1197 ng/dL) 648
Estradiol (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL) 44.9
So here's the scoop. Doc won't prescribe an AI, however I have convinced her to let me self inject at home starting in two weeks. Finding another doc isn't an option, I've talked to a bazillion in the area, and they are all in the stone ages. My doc is the most progressive one I could find.
So, when I start self injecting, I'm going to split my dosage up and inject 75mg twice a week. Doc said we'll test again in 3 months. Going to rotate between glutes, quads and delts. I'm hoping that the lower more frequent injections will help lower my estradiol into reasonable range.
My question is, should I wait things out until my next bloodwork in 3 months to see if this has helped, or should I start an AI regardless? Since doc won't prescribe I'd need to source my own. I'm definitely feeling better, no bad signs from the higher estradiol at this point.