• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Former Obama spokesman: American people too smart for Trump

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Former Obama spokesman: American people too smart for Trump
By David Jackson, USA TODAY

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs is on the speaking circuit these days, talking up his former boss President Obama and talking down potential Republican challenger Donald Trump.

"The American people are smarter than the candidacy that (Trump) is offering," Gibbs told a crowd last night at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y.

Gibbs took particularly aim at Trump's suggestions that Obama was not born in Hawaii.

"If he thinks he can build a campaign on the president's birth certificate, I don't think he will be hired by the American people," Gibbs said. "In the end, I don't think he runs."

The former press secretary -- who may be a consultant to Obama's 2012 campaign -- said he's surprised at the slow-starting Republican campaign. He cast Mitt Romney as the front-runner for the GOP nomination, and said Mike Huckabee could be a tough opponent.

Gibbs said the Obama administration has turned around the economy, though it remains a pressing election issue.

"I think there's still a tremendous amount of economic anxiety and economic hardship," Gibbs said.

Obama deserves credit for avoiding another depression, he added.

"We came into work and we didn't know was today going to be the day the housing market fully collapsed, was today the day another huge bank was going to go under," Gibbs said.

By the way, we expect Gibbs to return to the White House on Friday. His favorite football team, the Auburn Tigers, are being honored by Obama for the winning the national title earlier this year.

Sure. Decades of real world success in domestic and international business, but he couldn't possibly do better than Obama. He definitely won't get elected on the birther issue tho. That almost makes him look like he isn't serious about running.

obama's people are obviously scared of losing to trump or they wouldn't make stupid statements like this.....it should read "the american people weren't smart in voting for obama"

obama's people are obviously scared of losing to trump or they wouldn't make stupid statements like this.....it should read "the american people weren't smart in voting for obama"

Agreed. They are very worried about Trump running and what they will have to face and up to. They don't won't Trump running.

yeah you guys are right, because Ross Perot did so well when he ran.

the country wasn't as bad off as it is now......who knows how it would have been different results for Perot if we had 3 wars going on and over 14 trillion in debt back then.....

the country wasn't as bad off as it is now......who knows how it would have been different results for Perot if we had 3 wars going on and over 14 trillion in debt back then.....

you're right, it sounds like a great time to put a business man in charge of 3 wars who has ZERO political experience, and a man that files bankruptcy on a regular basis. :winkfinger:

you're right, it sounds like a great time to put a business man in charge of 3 wars who has ZERO political experience, and a man that files bankruptcy on a regular basis. :winkfinger:

How much national political experience did Obama have? Maybe 2 years? And how well has that worked out for the middle class? Because of Obama Britain hates us, Saudi hates us, Poland hates us and Putin looked him in the eye and said that bitch could never press the button.

IML Gear Cream!
How much national political experience did Obama have? Maybe 2 years? And how well has that worked out for the middle class? Because of Obama Britain hates us, Saudi hates us, Poland hates us and Putin looked him in the eye and said that bitch could never press the button.

Not much, so why the hell would we put someone in charge with NO experience? It sounds like a time to look for a candidate that can do better than Obama not worse, but what do I know.

And if Trump runs America the way he runs his business we will be in more debt, I guess he can always try and file bankruptcy with China?

Maybe he can file bankruptcy for the USA and tell everyone we owe to piss off. If they want thier money we will give them 30 cents on the dollar and if they don't like that, they get nothing. :winkfinger:

yeah you guys are right, because Ross Perot did so well when he ran.

Owned!

Owned again!

Not much, so why the hell would we put someone in charge with NO experience? It sounds like a time to look for a candidate that can do better than Obama not worse, but what do I know.

And if Trump runs America the way he runs his business we will be in more debt, I guess he can always try and file bankruptcy with China?

Third time's the charm.

Yeah, you guys go on ahead and put your faith into a television reality show personality. Bahahahaha, tards.

Owned!

Owned again!

Third time's the charm.

Yeah, you guys go on ahead and put your faith into a television reality show personality. Bahahahaha, tards.

How is anyone putting their faith in shit? Is Trump officially running? This is nothing more than a topic on message forum to me.

So being a community organizer, teaching Saul Alinsky at Harvard Law School, and one half of a term in the US senate prepared Obama to run the country? If that's the kind of experience needed to run the Federal govt, it's no wonder we're in 3 wars and 14 trillion in debt.

So being a community organizer, teaching Saul Alinsky at Harvard Law School, and one half of a term in the US senate prepared Obama to run the country? If that's the kind of experience needed to run the Federal govt, it's no wonder we're in 3 wars and 14 trillion in debt.

i must spread around reputations before awarding you with any more again it says!

How many wars were we in and how much was our debt when Bush w took office? What were the same figure when Obama took office?

The answer points to a glaring fact that experience, and/or lack of experience has little to do with being an effective leader.

I'm not a trump fan at all. But, it leaves me wondering with all the bashing on him in this thread. You make remarks of his business records and failings. You make remark that he cannot handle now 3 wars going on. You also relate him to Ross Perot? Who are you kidding, Prince. What the fuck did Barry bring to the table? Did not finish one term and was a community organizer? It just goes to show ANYTHING is possible in America and experience be damned, they want a good showman/speaker.

I don't go for Trump's bullshit. I read and heard his comments way before he ever considered running - now he's acting like he's the true conservative voice. Any conservative that does their homework will boot his ass to the curb in a heartbeat. Cut the BS drivle though, there are some actual things to play down Trump and you chose to instead bring up nonsense.

Owned? Owned again? You must be getting sore in the ass riding the prime moderator.

How many wars were we in and how much was our debt when Bush w took office? What were the same figure when Obama took office?

The answer points to a glaring fact that experience, and/or lack of experience has little to do with being an effective leader.

I already put out the exact facts and figures of our war costs since 1992. Barry's healthcare trumps that by far, not including all the other spending including bailouts to overseas banks and wotnot.

Let's see.. experience? You have a CEO position open at a company. Instead of hiring someone with credentials from former successfully run positions at other companies, you would rather hire the fry cook at McDonalds. There are words you are typing, but they fail to make much sense.

IML Gear Cream!
Have to admit, debates would probably be the best ever. Since we all know Trump wouldn't stick to the script.

I already put out the exact facts and figures of our war costs since 1992. Barry's healthcare trumps that by far, not including all the other spending including bailouts to overseas banks and wotnot.

No way that's true, healthcare has cost $0, I'm certain Iraq and Afghanistan cost more than that, and Iraq alone cost more than Obama's portion of the bailouts. Glad to hear from Gibbs that the economy has turned around, though, I'm gonna start lighting my weed with Benjamns, y'all.

I believe it was the Bush administration that started the first two wars, and Obama was pressured into the third war.

$5 dollars a gallon or more.......how's that for "hope" and "change"!!!

where in the US is it $5/gal?

here in Colorado its leveled off at around $3.50/gal and now the "experts" are saying gas prices will not get as high as the initially thought.

It's obvious, only a person with an (R) in front of his name is the only criteria for some when choosing a prez. Oh, yeah, and he can't be black.

I would like to go on record as saying that Trump would be a terrible president and anyone who thinks otherwise is, literally, an idiot. He's declared bankruptcy for his companies at least 3 times. It would be fun to watch the Chinese call in their $1 trillion in treasuries when he tells them to go fuck themselves, though.

Back