• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Optimal heart rate for cutting....

nunya53

jeet yet????
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The internet is great...for getting conflicting information. I need to cut body fat without losing too much muscle mass. My question is, which is best? Low intensity or high intensity?

Is the "fat-burning zone" reality or myth? I find it hard to believe that a heart rate of 115 - 125 is best as my resting heart rate is 85 - 90 (I'm 41 btw). My normal cardio puts me at 80 - 85%. Right now I'm 5'10" and 220-ish. I'm very solid, but do have a bit of a belly.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nunya

The internet is great...for getting conflicting information. I need to cut body fat without losing too much muscle mass. My question is, which is best? Low intensity or high intensity?

Is the "fat-burning zone" reality or myth? I find it hard to believe that a heart rate of 115 - 125 is best as my resting heart rate is 85 - 90 (I'm 41 btw). My normal cardio puts me at 80 - 85%. Right now I'm 5'10" and 220-ish. I'm very solid, but do have a bit of a belly.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nunya
from what i've heard i heard that that fat-burning zone is just a myth... but i'd get some more opinions before hand.. for me when i run at like 6.0/6.5 mph at the gym i get my heart rate up to like 185 tops but when i'm just regularly walking my freakin heart rate is at 115-125 lol (must be that creatine!!!)

Diet management and eating clean, in a caloric deficit, will get rid of fat with or without cardio.

It's true that cardio will burn FFAs (free fatty acids).

You don't need to worry about that much until you're leaner though. Get your diet in order.

Where have your other 89 posts been?

They were several years ago in the supplement forums. I was pretty heavy into the goods before they were banned in 2005. Unfortunately I took some time off after (several life changes) and built up the middle section.

I've been back lifting for a year now and have my muscles back in shape, but have neglected my mid-section.

Nunya

Back