• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Has anyone here had experience...

Bilal123

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
With lie detector tests? The whole process? I'm not too worried about it, but I know that they are terribly inaccurate and that the polygrapher might as well be a witchdoctor or shaman throwing animal parts on the ground to determine the future... It's complete junk! I'm just concerned that there will be something wrong with the test and I wont get the job.

My wife thinks she's a natural lie detector she's always right I'm always wrong, my question is 'Were any of you guys , dumb enough to get married'??

I took a polygraph test when I was 18 and applying to be a correctional officer. After the first interview they didn't call me back until 6 months later and told me that i needed to schedule an appoinment to take a polygraph. Of course I smoked weed 3 days prior to them calling me. I freaked out but thought fuck it I'll give it a shot anyway. I popped a Valium an hour before the test and was cool ice when the question was asked if I had used an illegal drugs in the past two years. I ended up passing the test. Needless to say I think they are inconsistant and can be beat easily.

Easier to beat than an FBI trained human lie detector, which I had to be interviewed by in the Navy for my Clearance. You just have to re-invent a story in your head until you believe it could have been real. Like that time you smoked crack..,wait it wasn't really crack it was dried piece of powdered sugar that your friends got you to smoke and then made fun of you. So you can say no I haven't tried a real drug so therefore I haven't done drugs. Build plausible deniability in your own mind. Of course if they are doing a remote neural monitor scan you are screwed...

I was polygraphed for the Marine Corps. I lied about theft issues from about 10 years earlier. They use control and relevant questions. I ended up passing the test. Remember, the test is only as good as the examiner. If you tell him something, stick to it. Never, ever change your answer. Once you change your answer, you're finished.

And Remember, "it's not a lie, if you believe it." :lol:

Interesting thread, I don't have any knowledge about lie detectors, but I assumed they would be tough to pass, you guys make is sound easy, lol, who'd thunk it?

I have beaten a lie detector test. Just to prove to the guy it could be done. The best way to beat it is to relax and believe everything you say before the test starts. He will ask you a lot of questions and then start the test to see if you told the truth about them. Be honest, hide nothing, relax. If you are hiding something, word your answer in the most honest way you can believe to be true.

For example, if you did something in the past. Think to yourself, "why did I do this?" If you can tell yourself in your heart that you did it for a reason and not out of criminal intent you are home free.

What the detector does is NOT detect lies. It detects your discomfort and nervousness. Relax, be honest, hide nothing and you will be fine.

IML Gear Cream!
I have beaten a lie detector test. Just to prove to the guy it could be done. The best way to beat it is to relax and believe everything you say before the test starts. He will ask you a lot of questions and then start the test to see if you told the truth about them. Be honest, hide nothing, relax. If you are hiding something, word your answer in the most honest way you can believe to be true.

For example, if you did something in the past. Think to yourself, "why did I do this?" If you can tell yourself in your heart that you did it for a reason and not out of criminal intent you are home free.

What the detector does is NOT detect lies. It detects your discomfort and nervousness. Relax, be honest, hide nothing and you will be fine.

This! Especially the last part!

They ask you questions that are gonna make you nervous and make you edgy. If you bite the side of your tongue before answering every question it will send a response to your system that will signal a spike in your BP, heart rate, and respiration rate. Flex your chest and arms when they strap the monitors on, not hard, but enough to make a bad connection. Lie detectors are inadmissible in court for a reason! That reason is, there is no scientifical or medical proof that a lie detector can actually tell if you are being lying. Any question no matter how small could elicit an emotional response that would trigger a "false positive". I was asked for my security clearance if I had ever beaten a child? Seriously why the fuck would they ask that? But it triggered a response because I HAD been beaten as a child and the question flooded my brain with memories that cause a spike in my BP and respiration rate. I passed the test anyways. Really they are looking to see if you change your answer because they ask you all the questions before the test, hard part is remembering what you answered when they ask 20+ questions.

Your ony lying if you belive its a lie.

and I quote George Castanza "Jerry, just remember it's not a lie if you believe it".....

this is the standard MO of pathological liars...

Exactly. The test cannot decipher the difference between nervousness, anxiety, frustration or whether understand you truly are being deceitful.

The examiner words all of the quesrions, "other than what we've discussed, have you...." And, all the answers are a simple yes or no.

and I quote George Castanza "Jerry, just remember it's not a lie if you believe it".....

this is the standard MO of pathological liars...
Like Tony Montana said " I tell the truth even when I lie"

Does anyone remember the types of questions they ask during the test?

Its job specific bud. What are you going for? If its LE just tell us, its not like there aren't members on forums like this that are officers. I know 3 on another board.

from the people that I know that work in various US security agency's that had to take them they are looking for honesty vs right and/or wrong responses to their questions. depending on what you are going into or applying for being squeaky clean isn't always a leg up..

from the people that I know that work in various US security agency's that had to take them they are looking for honesty vs right and/or wrong responses to their questions. depending on what you are going into or applying for being squeaky clean isn't always a leg up..

Hey! A post I actually agree with you on! Lol.

IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone remember the types of questions they ask during the test?

Depends on the level of security you are being interviewed for. Mine was a Top Secret clearance that they had already interviewed people from the past 7 years of my life. They had answers already to most of the questions they were asking, but I knew who they had talked to before hand and how they had responded. They asked things like has anyone in your family had drug or alcohol abuse problems, have I or do I use drugs, have I been arrested for anything. Had I ever cheated on tests. Have I ever been a member of a radical political or whatever group. The only thing I had to worry about was the one time I'd smoked weed with my friends, but I knew they wouldn't rat me out for that.

believe the lie urself and it will show up as telling the truth, it worked at my wedding when i said "i do!"

It's part of the police dept, but not a sworn position.

Doesn't matter. They will ask you the same questions. Here are some of what they will ask. It can be different for each department. But these are general questions.

Did you tell the complete truth on your job application?
Have you deliberately withheld information from your job application?
Have you ever been fired from a job?
Since the age of ( ) have you committed an undetected crime?
Since the age of ( ) have you been convicted of a crime?
During the past year, have you used marijuana more than ( ) per ( )?
Have you used any other narcotic illegally in the past ( ) years?
Have you sold marijuana or other narcotics illegally in the past ( ) years?
Have you ever stolen more than ($ ) worth of merchandise in any one year from any of your employers?
Have you even stolen more than ($ ) in moneys in any one year from any of your employers?
Have you ever used a system to cheat one of your employers?
Have you ever had your driver’s license suspended or revoked?
Have you ever had any traffic citations in the past five ( ) years?
Have you deliberately lied to any of these questions?

Back