• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stretching and Warming Up

ezsway

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am 39 and over the last year I have had to increase my stretching/warm up time from about 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Lower back and hip stiffness dictate how long I stretch. Whenever they loosen up, I start training. Just curious how long everyone else's warm up time is.

2 minutes walking
1-2 minutes streching

i always starting my trainning with ligting 3 warm up sets,with the half weights of my first set,(that was very helpful to me)

0 minutes. I'm usually ready to go from doing bodyweight routines every morning and night.

it also takes me hardly 5 to 8 minutes to warm up the body and get ready for the workout ahead .. but in my opinion it is not to decide for others that for what the duration they must go for as they may follow the good suggestions to chose the duration for themselves as per the comfort

Always start your routine with a warm-up exercise. Spend ten minutes doing a few light exercises to get your blood circulating and stretch your muscles before a more intense work out.

Always start your routine with a warm-up exercise. Spend ten minutes doing a few light exercises to get your blood circulating and stretch your muscles before a more intense work out.

Don't Stretch Before

Warm Up

The most specific warm up method is to start off with the light weight with the exercise you are going to preform.

This get the blood flowing in the muscle you are going to train.

Research shows that stretching before you workout is a bad idea.

You decrease strength and power.

Post Stretch

You connective tissue is like "String Cheeze".

It is more supple when it has been warmed up.

Thus, stretching after you workout is better.

Kenny Croxdale

I typically do about 20 min of mobility work focusing on the joints/muscles that will be used directly. For example, on squat days I work on mobilizing my hips, knees and ankles. Sometimes I will do some kind of light cardiovascular work just to get the blood flowing, mostly not though.

Definitely static stretching is better after workouts. Dynamic mobility and foam rolling beforehand.

I might be behind the game on this, but I just discovered how awesome a resouce mobility wod is. tons of useful stuff on their about stretching and increasing mobility. even though i think kelly starrett is mostly crossfit oriented, he's an extremely knowledgable physio and his stuff is universal. def check it out if you haven't yet.

I'll do light cardio for 5min, then do a 20 light set for whatever body part I'm training 1st. I don't nearly stretch enough after trsining thou

I am 39 and over the last year I have had to increase my stretching/warm up time from about 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Lower back and hip stiffness dictate how long I stretch. Whenever they loosen up, I start training. Just curious how long everyone else's warm up time is.

I think I have said this same statement many times this year, except I'm 43. Same thing, low back stiffness, hips, shoulders, knees.... just takes longer to get going for me.

IML Gear Cream!
Wished I stretched more after workouts... It always makes warming up easier the next day.

I get told I should stretch all the time. I have access to tons of foam rollers, bands, etc. I really just don't feel like it makes a huge difference. I'm pretty sure the people I know who tell me to stretch a ton are barely mobile themselves. The only day I absolutely warm up is bench day, in which I do tons of face pulls and rotator cuff movements. But I only bench 290 so what do I know. Squat and deadlift day I just make sure my hips are plenty flexible by stretching them apart a ton.

But as to getting your blood flowing....eh.

"Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out there and eats the sucker." Jack Lalanne

But personally, I can't really see how training your body to have huge mass would be in line with having mobility to begin with. This one always escapes me.

10-15 mins before Push day and leg day. Pull-ups are my warm-up for back day.

I prefer to do cardio(running) and only then stretch. It takes for about 10-15 min.

Back