• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Speaking of bonds

WantItBad

WantItBad
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many pros and college athletes have put on 50lbs in years worth of training?

Vladimir Guerro- Rookie season 205lbs now 235lbs

Albert Pujols- Rookie season 210 now 235

Alex Rodriguez- Rookie season 205 now 225

Barry Bonds- Rookie Season 185 (1987) now 238

All weights are according to MLB and ESPN. com

I feel all of these weight gains are very realistic over an extended amount of time. Case and point buddies of mine natural went from 170 to 205 during 5 years of college athletics.

Professional athletes have unlimited resources, training, diet, and there job is to workout and be good at a sport!

Did Bonds juice who knows? But what about the other 3? When A-Rod breaks the record in a few years will people question him?

I am not pro-bonds or anti- bonds, I just wanna hear some discussion

All of the guys listed there are far younger than Bonds, as you get older your numbers decline. His numbers went higher as he got older.

I've seen pictures of A-rod without a shirt and to be honest he's not very muscular.

All of the guys listed there are far younger than Bonds, as you get older your numbers decline. His numbers went higher as he got older.

are you sayin there can't be genetic freaks?

How old was aaron when he hit 755?

Glavine just won 300 games and he is no spring chicken.

Clemens still can throw amazingly and he has gotten getter with age (and bigger...much bigger).

Nolan Ryan was a freak who played great to an old age.

Bonds is a gifted athlete. Drugs didn't give him that gift.

I've seen pictures of A-rod without a shirt and to be honest he's not very muscular.

I bet you have. :shhh:

gayrod-759671.jpg

As much as i hate Bonds, i hate when people compare his size from when he was skinny with the Pirates until now and use steroids as an excuse. It's not that hard to put on a lot of weight and size, especially if you have good genetics.

Hell, i was a twig weighing 155 lbs soaking wet two years ago but i am currently 190 lbs and have put on a lot of size. People have noticed a huge difference so i think that argument is irrelevant.

The only reason why the media and fans hate Bonds and not all the other athletes who cheated in sports is because of his attitude. He's a dick to everyone and has no personality like McGwire did or Sosa.

are you sayin there can't be genetic freaks?

How old was aaron when he hit 755?
Look at their career numbers, Aaron did it consitantly over the years.
Bonds did it at an age when your numbers are supposed to decline.

Glavine just won 300 games and he is no spring chicken. He played for a real good team, the braves. He never came off as being great. Tom Seaver owned him.

Clemens still can throw amazingly and he has gotten getter with age (and bigger...much bigger). Dammit, I hate to say this....but he must be doing something.

Nolan Ryan was a freak who played great to an old age. Yes, he still can reach 85 mph, he is a freak

Bonds is a gifted athlete. Drugs didn't give him that gift. It enhanced that gift.

As much as i hate Bonds, i hate when people compare his size from when he was skinny with the Pirates until now and use steroids as an excuse. It's not that hard to put on a lot of weight and size, especially if you have good genetics.

Hell, i was a twig weighing 155 lbs soaking wet two years ago but i am currently 190 lbs and have put on a lot of size. People have noticed a huge difference so i think that argument is irrelevant.

Look at your age, come back here when your 37 and tell me you can make the same gains at that age like you can now....without help.

The only reason why the media and fans hate Bonds and not all the other athletes who cheated in sports is because of his attitude. He's a dick to everyone and has no personality like McGwire did or Sosa.
I agree 101%.

Stats say what :D

Take a look at his stats pre 2000 and post 2000 quite a remarable difference

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_stats_player.jsp?playerID=111188&st atType=1

Pre 2000 Avg HR per Season 32
Post 2000 Avg HR per Season 52

Pre OB% 407
Post OB% 535

Pre Slug% 561
Post Slug% 611

Pre Bat avg .288
Post Bat avg .341

Bonds is one of the most patient hitters in the game. Juice doesnt help there

He isn't breaking the Patience record.

how many walks does he take? A lot, so its not like he is just some weight lifter swinging a stick. He waits for his pitch than peace

How many walks is he given.

It is obvious he isn't a weightlifter swinging a stick. No one is arguing that, he has an abundance of talent that was noticed when he first started playing.

The fact is that he is breaking one of the most important records in baseball history. And it is tainted by the fact the steroids put him in that situation. That being said Baseball didn't give a shit about steroids until 2 years ago.

How many walks is he given.

It is obvious he isn't a weightlifter swinging a stick. No one is arguing that, he has an abundance of talent that was noticed when he first started playing.

The fact is that he is breaking one of the most important records in baseball history. And it is tainted by the fact the steroids put him in that situation. That being said Baseball didn't give a shit about steroids until 2 years ago.

100% true statement there. Personally I am a Bonds fan who thinks he juiced but i am still not 100% sold on it though.

McGwire - before and after

too many people forget, he hit 49 bombs as a rookie. juice did nothing for mcguire as far as hitting home runs. the only arguement that can be made with juice and mcguire if he did use them is recovery time from injuries. now did the added size cause more injuries or not? who is to say. but if he used them, and if they helped him recover from injury faster, then it must be a good thing because it helped a great player stay on the field. he should be int the hall of fame and everyone bitching about steroids needs to stfu:yell:

Bonds is a gifted athlete. Drugs didn't give him that gift.

Amen this is a point I was making in a discussion at work yesterday. You can take everybody in AT&T park give them all the best gear money can buy, and they still won't even get close to Bond's.

Agreed Hank did what he did, and you can't take anything away from him for that. To deny Bond's skill and natural ability as one of the most elite players in the game is foolish. If gear makes you a home run hitting phenom, why don't we see more names up above 500???? Because longevity, skill, and commitment don't come in a syringe!!

Mmmmm Gravy.

Ah yes big sandwich......he could hit the ball damn far. Being a Detroiter I've seen it first hand, he must of had a way to put his weight behind the ball. Why would the team trainers let him get that severely out of shape????

It gives him an edge. He's already a very good player, now he's a great player.

Does it not make you stronger? Yes
If you have warning track power and all of the sudden you have more strength what does it mean? Those warning track outs are now homers.
Does it not help with your ability to recuperate? Sure as hell helps in the long seasons when most other players run out of gas your still hitting them far.
Does doing steroids give you an edge against your non users at the gym? Yes.
Does it enhance runners, swimmers, boxers? I think it does, if not why is it banned.

Back