• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Court could block Obamacare subsidies in 34 states - "Obamacare will collapse"

Bowden

Elite Member
Reaction score
Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have
IML Gear Cream!
"Obamacare will collapse not because of Congress, but due to flaws in the structure of the law."

"The implications are immense. Family plans will cost $20,000 a year in 2016, according to the IRS."

MarketWatch.com

By Diana Furchtgott-Roth

Commentary: Legal challenge could knock out the federal exchanges

The administration is interpreting the Affordable Care Act in extraordinary ways, and the courts are beginning to take note.
On Tuesday Judge Paul Friedman of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia said he would rule on whether people who sign up for health insurance on federal exchanges in 34 states can get subsidies.

Under the Affordable Care Act, subsidies are only available for state exchanges. But through regulation the Internal Revenue Service has extended subsidies to federal exchanges too.
Separately, the White House signaled on Wednesday that it is postponing for a few months the penalties for people who do not sign up for health insurance ? even though earlier this month President Barack Obama attacked congressional Republicans who sought to postpone penalties for a year. Also see: Obamacare penalties to be delayed.

Several groups are challenging the federal subsidies. Judge Friedman ruled that their case could go forward, disappointing the administration. The Justice Department argued that the court should throw out the case because the plaintiffs had no standing. After the judge?s ruling, the plaintiffs are standing tall.

Next week, Judge James R. Spencer of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern Division of Virginia in Richmond is expected to rule on the same challenge from another group of plaintiffs. In August, U.S. District Judge Ronald White allowed Oklahoma to proceed with a similar case against the subsidies.

The implications are immense. Family plans will cost $20,000 a year in 2016, according to the IRS. If Americans on the federally run exchanges do not qualify for health-insurance subsidies, few will sign up. Plans will be simply unaffordable. Obamacare will collapse not because of Congress, but due to flaws in the structure of the law.

Yeah.
I bet the government was "desperate".
This law and the implementation of it is a great example of government incompetence.

"The denial of the government?s motion to dismiss was the important development, because the government was desperate to avoid having any court consider the merits of the case"

It was meant to collapse, it's a pretty brilliant way to bring in a single payer system, bastards! The people will be begging them for it...

that's what everyone is saying...but I doubt anyone will trust the government to run a single payer system when they can't even make a functioning website :coffee:

until people realize that all politicians are agenda based and this entire health care scam was only created to generate votes the American people will continue to get taken advantage of by politicians. What level of income qualifies for subsidies? What if you make 100$ more then the maximum that qualifies and now your paying 50% of your wages for healthcare and with taxes increasing paying 30-40% of your net wages to taxes. How will people even be able to purchase a home?

Competition is what needs to happen with medical insurance. Look at auto insurance I can call and negotiate rates. I called USAA telling them that I was offered a better plan by Farmers and they found a way to cut my total bill by 20$ and increase my coverage. I have yet seen one thing ran by the gov't run effective. So what makes us think this will be different.

The funny thing is people think that this healthcare can not be changed... All the liberals think Obama will protect them and everything will be ok. Well what happens when a greedy "Republican" comes to office and decides to divert taxes meant for medical over to defence and decides to go blow some shit up cause he lost a golf game. Thats a joke Republicans dont really start unconstitutional wars now do they? The fact is we can not trust either party to do the right thing. So why truth them with our medical.

Obama care is on its way out and self destructing its only a matter of time before we vcan finaly get rid of it

Obama care is on its way out and self destructing its only a matter of time before we vcan finaly get rid of it

It's a law, it won't be so simple. Does it need to go, yes, it's a destructive force designed to destroy the classes and make just two: rich and poor. It falls right in line with all that has been done going back to Nixon defaulting on the gold standard, it's been a well thought out and orchestrated plan. No one likes income equality and the American dream when you are rich as fuck and have to work to stay that way. Anyone that does not see this really needs to open their eyes and start asking who is going to benefit financially to every decision the government makes and how will this hurt me? Those two things tend to take you to places you wish you didn't know and the fear of finding out is what keeps people complacent.

IML Gear Cream!
it's a destructive force designed to destroy the classes and make just two: rich and poor.

actually that's the point of de-industrialization and the rise of finance capital

actually that's the point of de-industrialization and the rise of finance capital

And so I have learned and understand, to a small degree, exactly how this was done. It's sad, the play on people's ignorance was far easier than they probably ever imagined. I was surely one that was ignorant to that fact for a long time.

And so I have learned and understand, to a small degree, exactly how this was done. It's sad, the play on people's ignorance was far easier than they probably ever imagined. I was surely one that was ignorant to that fact for a long time.

de-industrialization simply shifts power, away from labor back to capital. industrialization is what allowed the US to rise the ranks as it has the Asian Tigers since they have joined the WTO. the "post" industrial economy here in the US is one big unsustainable farce, sine real wealth can only be created in the manufacturing and/or production of commodities.

this is all basic economics but here in the US the "illusion" of wealth has been created with the expansion of credit as the nation has been de-industrialized with all that wealth leaving to SE Asia. nothing more than the old switch-a-roo.

the standard of living in the US has decreases as have the personal savings rates and you see the inverse occur in nations which have increased their manufacturing capacities.

welcome-to-america.jpg

de-industrialization simply shifts power, away from labor back to capital. industrialization is what allowed the US to rise the ranks as it has the Asian Tigers since they have joined the WTO. the "post" industrial economy here in the US is one big unsustainable farce, sine real wealth can only be created in the manufacturing and/or production of commodities.

this is all basic economics but here in the US the "illusion" of wealth has been created with the expansion of credit as the nation has been de-industrialized with all that wealth leaving to SE Asia. nothing more than the old switch-a-roo.

the standard of living in the US has decreases as have the personal savings rates and you see the inverse occur in nations which have increased their manufacturing capacities.

Funny how you have the printing press running to feed the Wall Street animal and interest rates near zero so no one saves only "invests" in fake earnings perpetuated by the massive credit bubble Big Ben has yet again created.

Funny how you have the printing press running to feed the Wall Street animal and interest rates near zero so no one saves only "invests" in fake earnings perpetuated by the massive credit bubble Big Ben has yet again created.

yep, QE is designed to only benefit the wealthy "capitalist class".

yep, QE is designed to only benefit the wealthy "capitalist class".

And Janet wants even more QE. it's comical how Obama says he's for the "main street folks", "the little guy" yet appoints someone who wants to ramp up QE which only benefits wall street. why didn't he appoint someone who will advocate not printing money for the wealthy?

And Janet wants even more QE. it's comical how Obama says he's for the "main street folks", "the little guy" yet appoints someone who wants to ramp up QE which only benefits wall street. why didn't he appoint someone who will advocate not printing money for the wealthy?

so your stupid enough to believe what a politician tells you about economics? mistake #1

gee, probably because the Federal Banking system is privately owned or did your Ron Paul videos not explain that to you? if you bothered to read actual economic reports on the subject you would understand but your too lazy to do so, which is why you remain ignorant.

so your stupid enough to believe what a politician tells you about economics? mistake #1

gee, probably because the Federal Banking system is privately owned or did your Ron Paul videos not explain that to you? if you bothered to read actual economic reports on the subject you would understand but your too lazy to do so, which is why you remain ignorant.

it's from Janet herself, dumb ass. you really are that blinded and dumbed down by your democrat party. unreal.

why did Obama appoint someone whose goal is to destroy the dollar???? b ??????

Back