• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

creatine and kidney health

chevyman

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone. I'm new here and had question. I generaly use creatine before and after workouts and even on off days. Recently I had a severe pain in my foot that was mainly in the joints. I had no injury that I can think of and sort of just woke up one day with it. It has been about three weeks and it appears to be getting better. My wife said it might be gout. She said that the excessive creatine and protien supplements could be causing it. Anybody have any ideas? The wife is a nurse by the way. I have stopped the creatine (which was a monohydrate) and tried to drink more water.

Ask her to show you a study that confirms her opinion.

She was hating on me, she just was saying that if it is gout, which i have never had or heard of, that it is from high acid levels due to the kidneys not filtering as well. She told me to make sure I was drinking plenty of water to make sure. Thats all. I do probably over use the stuff, so I thought a break is needed.

5g a day for Creatine is plenty. Drinking plenty of water is a good idea. Creatine is a very safe supplement, but more is not better. I've been taking 5g a day for years w/no problems with kidney function or anything else.

Good deal. Thanks. I know sometimes I add an extra scoop and probably haven't been getting enough h20 lately. It probably isn't even related but just made me a bit curious.

It does sound like gout. Are you fat? Do you consume a lot of fruit, fruit juice, or sweets?

Good deal. Thanks. I know sometimes I add an extra scoop and probably haven't been getting enough h20 lately. It probably isn't even related but just made me a bit curious.

No problem-good luck.

She said that the excessive creatine and protien supplements could be causing it.

Excessive?

Anyway, I agree that it may be gout. Until you get to a doctor, I suggest keeping up with protein, water intake, and creatine while keeping the fructose down.
The doctor will check your uric acid. If he prescribes allopurinol, ask about febuxostat (Uloric).

It does sound like gout. Are you fat? Do you consume a lot of fruit, fruit juice, or sweets?
No, I'm don't eat a lot of sweets, or fruits for that matter. I do drink beer and crown/coke more than I should.

Coke's pretty sweet.

Gout is highly associated with both insulin resistance and fructose consumption.

IML Gear Cream!
If you do think you have Gout, I'd suggest seeing your doctor. I just don't see any correlation between gout and Creatine use.

Back