• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anyone here read books? I mean real books...

Vision

Super Mod
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
With our busy lifestyle its hard to get in some time to relax and just read a damn good book... I recently finished a book called "Rich dad/poor dad"... Very good book.. What has been the latest that some of you have picked up? Anything you recommend?

[h=1]Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not![/h]The following content was provided by the publisher.

Personal finance author and lecturer Robert T. Kiyosaki developed his unique economic perspective from two very different influences - his two fathers. This text lays out Kiyosaki's philosophy and his relationship with money.

cover.jpg
ht_rich_dad_poor_dad_kb_121012_wg.jpg

Reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius right now. It's interesting how he seems able to accept anything. He wasn't haughty about being emperor but rather spoke as if it were simply his job.

Some time ago that book was suggested by teacher.. I kick myself in the arse for not reading this book.. I have a strong attraction to anything Greek and Roman era, especially Greek mythology

Little off topic but I have a graded Marcus Aurelius Roman Empire coin..

This message was sent by God

Id like to see this.. could you take a pic? that is neat man...

You want to read a real book, Lone Survivor by Marcus Latrell. Real book about a real man, not some pansey ass rich boy book.

You want to read a real book, Lone Survivor by Marcus Latrell. Real book about a real man, not some pansey ass rich boy book.
Ill look into that book.. a lil sassy tho i must say.. Im in check with my ego I dont need a book to boast or inflate mine.. after all, its just a book! :)

I've read hundreds of textbooks while I was in university lol. I have a lot bunch of personal ones i've read. I'll make a list of them later and post them up. (sorry there will be no twilight or 50 shades of grey in that list).

IML Gear Cream!
Reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius right now. It's interesting how he seems able to accept anything. He wasn't haughty about being emperor but rather spoke as if it were simply his job.
One of my favorite books. I try to read a little bit every day all year round. If you like that sort of thinking look into Stoicism in general. To the OP: Best books I've read in a long time are by Daniel Suarez. 1) Daemon 2) Freedom 3) Kill Decision. These are the kind of books you just can't stop reading. http://www.amazon.com/Daniel-Suarez/e/B001V206AK/

One book I'm reading right now is this, it's damn amazing!

HIS2465.jpg

Yep, and with all the nonsense going on right now it's nice to lose yourself in a good book. I have to read fiction now a days to forget the stuff goin' on, otherwise you may see another jarhead on the news shooting up the joint!

Just finished reading Sinclair Lewis's, Main Street.

I am on book 4 of game of thrones. The series is the only fiction I have read in at least two decades.

Game of Thrones books. Love them. A while back I found a list of the most disturbing books and gave some a try... they were not lying.

Game of Thrones books. Love them. A while back I found a list of the most disturbing books and gave some a try... they were not lying.

Lets pray to the novel gods that that fat bastard George R R Martin actually finishes the series (and hopefully in only two more books). The asshole even gave a manuscript to the producers of the TV show so they have something to go on in case he dies but won't allow anyone to finish the books. And 5 years for A Dance Of Dragons which was probably the worst one he's written yet..

I still haven't watched the show because I want to finish the books with the characters and world I've created in my mind.

I read voraciously as I have a vendetta to vindicate the voiceless from the venomous vile vaulting villainy rife with vampiristic fangs plunged into the veins of the vox populi.... Valedictions!

I'm also writing a book about how far removed we are from the home planet.... People so worried about germs and dirt, babies so bubbled indoors that they grow up with allergies....people living in cities and rarely touch terra firma, professors of botany who leave aquaponics gardens in the shade........remember in Gladiator when he grabs a handful of dirt and smells it? That is such a key element of the whole movie in my heart....

"We were bred of earth before we were bred of our mothers. Once born, we can live without mother or father, or any other kin, or any friend, or any human love. We cannot live without the earth or apart from it, and something is shrivelled in a man's heart when he turns away from it and concerns himself only with the affairs of men."
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I really liked Eckhart Tolle "the power of now" and also " A new Earth"

Deepak Chopra "the seven spiritual laws of success" is another really good one.

I listen to them ( audio book) because its what i prefer, not big on page flipping type of books and to me audio books bring it right to you to just take in and for fiction I love the "old time radio" shows where it is basically a audio book, because back then they didnt have TV's. some really amazing sci-fi stuff there!.

wow great feedback here... impressed with our fellow members here... im not the only book geek here..lol

IML Gear Cream!
Fantastic book, I have read it several times over the years, also the books that go with it. Another of my all time favorites YOU INC by Burke Hedges Literally changed my life.

With our busy lifestyle its hard to get in some time to relax and just read a damn good book... I recently finished a book called "Rich dad/poor dad"... Very good book.. What has been the latest that some of you have picked up? Anything you recommend?

[h=1]Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not![/h]The following content was provided by the publisher.

Personal finance author and lecturer Robert T. Kiyosaki developed his unique economic perspective from two very different influences - his two fathers. This text lays out Kiyosaki's philosophy and his relationship with money.

cover.jpg
ht_rich_dad_poor_dad_kb_121012_wg.jpg

Id like to see this.. could you take a pic? that is neat man...

Here you go..Very few like this...

SAM_0004_zpsf2636d48.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry wrong name it is Pius..Still one of my favorite ancient coins...

Fantastic book, I have read it several times over the years, also the books that go with it. Another of my all time favorites YOU INC by Burke Hedges Literally changed my life.
Good book, burke does some amazing shows/speeches the guy just moves you..
Here you go..Very few like this...

SAM_0004_zpsf2636d48.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry wrong name it is Pius..Still one of my favorite ancient coins...
this is amazing... have you ever had it checked out? absolute amazing

What the Dog Saw was the last thing I read..a couple of months ago.

Before the beginning
Martin rees

Attachments

• 41SWyNaqUkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpeg
    41SWyNaqUkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 4

[h=1]Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids about Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not![

I read 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' ten years ago. It can be motivational. It's directed towards the working and middle class, and it became bests-seller back then because it was bought and sold through MLM.

The book was fabricated and there never was a "Rich Dad."

But the book still have value.

Kiyosaki has been pretty outed as a bullsh*tter.

That said, it's a good, quick read. The principles make sense.

I am reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer off and on.

I'm reading it for the second time. I first read it in 1989.

Very interesting, and a very quick read - although it's thick book.

My most recent book, George Brown Class Clown... teaching my little guy how to read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I read 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' ten years ago. It can be motivational. It's directed towards the working and middle class, and it became bests-seller back then because it was bought and sold through MLM.

The book was fabricated and there never was a "Rich Dad."

But the book still have value.

Kiyosaki has been pretty outed as a bullsh*tter.

That said, it's a good, quick read. The principles make sense.

I had a rich step-dad and a poor real dad and I must say my father taught me better values than my "rich dad". One being money can't buy love...and showering it on the poor just entices greed...

Teach a man to fish and all that jazz, my gather one of the wise men of Babylon...,

I've read some good books and some bad ones. They've all been pretty real, never possessing the properties that would make them imaginary.

Back