• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Depression- When Drugs Won't Work

oaktownboy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering, Trouble, what doctors do when antidepressants, a healthy diet, and plenty of exercise do not cure severe depression.

You still having problems? I am sorry to hear that.

I was wondering, Trouble, what doctors do when antidepressants, a healthy diet, and plenty of exercise do not cure severe depression.

If your serum b-12 or folic acid was elevated this should aware drs that there is possible excessive fat that has might be accumulated in liver due to the fact you may not be able to burn it off. This would also be apparent if your homocysteine levels which last time you told me was actually headed towards the low end. if folic acid or b-12 are elevated then they are not being converted to active form so that they be metabolised so they can cross into the brain/nervous system. These are issues that need to be discussed with your phyiscians.

Its called refractatory depression. Some times foliinic acid needs to be added in order to over come it or thyroid needs to be adjusted considering lifestlye modifications have been implemented.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13708107

A recent 8-week open study also. indicated that 15???30 mg daily of folinic acid enhanced the effect in. SSRI-refractory depression

Last edited:
Folic acid for depression eh? :thinking:

FOLINIC ACID not FOLIC ACID. Majority of population have hard time converting to active form and if you miss a common mineral such as zinc that reaction does not occur and you have build up of folic acid in blood not being ultizied and end up with folic acid deficiency despite having enough folate in your blood but not getting used. Trust me I know been down that road before.

am going to the doc's office tomorrow to discuss possible bipolar medications..sleeping piils won't work, antidepressants haven't worked after 6 months..which leaves me with 2 areas: candida or bipolar disorder...

AGAIN: IF TROUBLE COULD RESPOND TO THESE COMMENTS I WOULD BE GREATEFUL.

FOLINIC ACID not FOLIC ACID. Majority of population have hard time converting to active form and if you miss a common mineral such as zinc that reaction does not occur and you have build up of folic acid in blood not being ultizied and end up with folic acid deficiency despite having enough folate in your blood but not getting used. Trust me I know been down that road before.

Mmmm...This is very interesting, I'll do my little research on that...

since my body does not respond well to brocolli and other leafy vegetables (when I say respond, I mean horrible stomachaches) I will begin using Garden of Life's Perfectfood. This shit has gone on for way too long. I either have a serious mental illness or very invasive Candida in my intestines.

since my body does not respond well to brocolli and other leafy vegetables (when I say respond, I mean horrible stomachaches) I will begin using Garden of Life's Perfectfood. This shit has gone on for way too long. I either have a serious mental illness or very invasive Candida in my intestines.

TRouble will be back, but I do not know when she is working on some important porjects at work and is just tied up.

Since you are having problems with sulfur based foods you liver pathways are obviously out of balanced. As indicated on your organic acids test liver detoxification in pathway 2 is unbalanced and that is why it recommended glycine to help with balance it out but obviously the source of the problem has never been determined (candida, environmental toxins,ect). To get a full understanding of where you are really blocked one need to check functionality of liver when a stress is placed upon it not just testing enzymes. This should give a more clinical picture to what is going on. I alleviate my depression by balancing out the specific pathways that Trouble laid out because i was undermethylated . It took about 3-4 months, but sleeping patterns are normalized, no emotional out bursts, emotional stable for first time in my life. For your sulfur problem adding molybdenum should help this out as Trouble has mentioned before.

These may result in abnormalities of sulfite oxidase, xanthine dehydrogenase, and aldehyde oxidase. All of these are molybdenum activated enzymes. Molybdenum cofactor deficiencies are described as inborn errors of metabolism, though sulfite oxidase deficiencies are also known to be caused by environmental factors. For example, sulfite oxidase can be caused in rats through exposure to tungsten. People with sulfite oxidase deficiencies are sensitive to exposure to environmental sulfur.

Lamens terms you need molybdenum to metabolize sulfur other wise you become intolerant to it

IML Gear Cream!
I'm on Cymbalta right now, I take it at night before bed and when I wake in the morning I'm either dead tired or wide awake and happy as can be I don't know why it has 2 different effects, I thought maybe I'm slightly Bi-polar too....right now my 2 docs are checking a full array of blood tests before they try a different diagnosis....

Dr wanted to shove me on anti depressants too. I told them to shove it up there ass because if they can not find anything wrong with you its Paxil time. And here alone low thyroid, low testosterone, and reactive hypoglycmia resulting all which mimiced depression. Untill i got my liver pathways completely balanced with 2 years of research and Trouble's incredible passion to finally put icing on the cake. Trouble have emphasied time and time again about bodybuilding and undermethylation. Over next 5 -10 years with stress we place on our body and the lifestyles we choice you are going to see more and more of it. There is testing out there that will uncover the imbalances but 90% of MD's will not look futher into the cause but rather treat the symptoms.

and truth sucks some times is totally over looked. For such complex problems there is usally many small simple solutions

I was feeling depressed and started taking anabolic matrix. I just took one in the morning and I feel more normal now. I did not go back for a second blood testosterone test to see if it was up. I was on the lower end of the normal scale. I have somewhat normalized my diet as well as I was cutting for 7 months pretty hard. I have gained back 12 lbs mostly muscle. Sometimes depression can be a spiritual problem. I don't know where you are at in your relationship to God. I recomend reading the Gospel of John and allow the Lord to work His will in your life. I'll be praying for you.

Back