• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

"Star Wars Weekend" at Hollywood studios

Wife and I went a few years ago. It was a coincidence more than anything. We booked the vacation then found it was Star Wars weekend.

The park was PACKED. I mean, Disney parks in the summer are already bad enough, but it was even worse than usual (wife and I have been to WDW a bunch of times). The park just sort of has a whole Star Wars theme going: Star Wars characters walking around, autograph sessions for some of the minor stars (the main Ewok actor was the big attraction when we went), some speeches from some behind-the-scenes workers, a Star Wars parade, photo sessions with characters...that sort of thing. They also sell all sorts of exclusive Star Wars merchandise and the lines for that were rediculous...literally hours long.

So, if you are not a huge Star Wars fan, you are not missing much. I'm a fan and enjoyed seeing the park all decked out in Star Wars stuff, but I'm not a big enough fan to have to go again.

I've got a few pics...

Stormtrooper patrolling the entrance.
IMG_4031.jpg

The parade. People were lined up five deep along the entire parade route.
IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

See, that looks sorta cool to me.

I JUST went to Hollywood Studios on Memorial day. Apparently, that day doesnt count for the Star Wars weekend. :rolleyes: So my question is, considering that I just went, is it cool enough to go back to soon?

It's cool enough to check out if you've never been to the Star Wars weekend, but I would not plan a vacation around it. If you're already down there though and have a pass, it's certainly something different. Better to go and find out for yourself rather than wonder about it.

Let me once again stress how crowded it was. We got there an hour before the park opened and the entire entrance outside the main gate was full of people when we got there, from the gate out past the bag check.

I have more pictures at home that I'll add to this thread tonight.

AKIRA, my apologies...I misread your first post. I thought you said that you were NOT a huge Star Wars fan. I suck at internetting.

If you are a fan, it's definitely worth checking out and you should go. You will enjoy it. I am a casual Star Wars fan and thought it was fun to see, but being a casual fan, I don't need to brave those crowds to go again.

Looks Cool!! Where's Yoda?

―Yoda to Luke
"How you get so big, eating food of this kind?"

Let me once again stress how crowded it was. We got there an hour before the park opened and the entire entrance outside the main gate was full of people when we got there, from the gate out past the bag check.
That's when I turn back to the car and say, "Mark that off our list of places to go..."

IML Gear Cream!
Sounds like a Nerd Fest.....

:thinking: I live just less than 2 hours away, but I am on a budget. Is it worth going back so soon even if there is a star wars theme.. That is whats racking my brain.

Well they have Star Wars weekend every year. Hit it up in 2010.

More pics from our trip:
IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

and they're really cool about the staff using YOUR camera to get pics so you don't have to buy theirs!

I went to the Star Wars 30 year anniversay convention a couple of years ago. The BEST. It was in LA and it was a three day deal. They had everything you could possible want to see and buy. Got one of those cool light sabers [$100 :(] But would go again if they have another one. Obviuosly it wont be as big as the 30 year celebration, but still would be cool to go again. Apparently, they have only had four conventions since the conception. I find that weird because Star Trek seems to have them every freakin year.

Back