• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Rampage V Machida

Tesla

MTR FTW!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Who you kniggs got??

I'll take Machida.......Dude is bad ass!!!!!!

I'll take Hughes over Penn as well.

UFCPoster123RampageMachidaDetroit.jpg

I dont think so on both counts. But I am voting with my heart.

You got a Machida whos chin is exposed, so it could be a dull fight. And BJ won once already, almost won the 2nd time but gassed due to injury.

I wouldn't say Machida's chin is exposed. In MMA, anyone can be KO'd and Shogun is far from pillow-fisted. I say Machida wins because Rampage has become so flat-footed and focused on a one-punch, highlight KO instead of being more dynamic like he was in PRIDE. His stand-up is much more technical, but he hasn't been able to fully integrate that into his style. Quick fighters (Shogun, Rashad, Wand, etc.) have also given Rampage trouble and this is one of Machida's strengths.

I say a 3rd round TKO started by a liver kick for Machida.

Well, 0 for 1 so far..Penn just rocked Hughes in the 1st.

Here comes the Main Event knigglets. :ohyeah:

Fuck!! 0 for 2......Rampage gets a close decision.......Machida kicked his ass in the 3rd round but it wasn't quite enough!!!

Machida is fucking gay and he's finally being exposed for being overrated. He should have lost to shogun the first time but the judges f'd shogun. Make that 2 L's in a row for the LOSER

Btw this should prob be moved to the sports thread

Last edited:
Next time listen to those who know what they are talking about, son.

And visit the MMA thread.

You had Rampage and Penn??

If so, nice call.......I've watched MMA forever......can't always make the right call......Machida coulda easily got that decision..Just ask Rampage.

Next time listen to those who know what they are talking about, son.

And visit the MMA thread.

Yeah, you were really right about Machida's chin being exposed...

In all honesty, this is one of the premier examples of why I've been saying there is a huge need for a half point round. The first and second rounds would have been 10-9.5 with the third being a 10-9. I knew that Machida was in trouble as soon as Jeff Blatnick was a judge because his MMA concepts are vastly outdated (FYI, Blatnick was a commentator in many of the early, pre-Zuffa UFC events).

Saying Machida is overrated is absurd because he lost to two of the top-five LHW in MMA and is, albeit with a lot of controversy, 2-2 against current top-ten LHW. Rampage actually has the worst record at 1-3 (losses to Shogun, Rashad, and Forrest with a win over Machida).

machida is such a runnin bitch! i wanted rampage to win but thought machida would run and win but not the case thank god! knew bj was gunna smash matt cause bj is hungry!

Saying Machida is overrated is absurd because he lost to two of the top-five LHW in MMA and is, albeit with a lot of controversy, 2-2 against current top-ten LHW. Rampage actually has the worst record at 1-3 (losses to Shogun, Rashad, and Forrest with a win over Machida).

Machida IS overrated. Rampage just slightly won against him only because people are now familiar with Machida's "elusive"....no fuck that, his running away tactic and are no longer rewarding it.

Why do I say this? Cuz he has so many "decision" wins. In other words, he wins point-match fights, i.e., a karate tournament ala Karate Kid! Hes only recently started kicking it up a notch and when he got that bogus win over Shogun, he tried to finish it the 2nd time and got KOd.

Rampage, as dumb as his training camp is, KNEW Machida would pull this shit and dealt with it with just plain aggression. Now, youre gonna see every fighter fight Machida with the same pressure and some will get a KO while some may get KOd, but in the end, Machida will be deemed an average fighter (above average at best) and crystallize the "overrated" status.

Old thread I know, but I never got to respond.

i like rampage but not a fan of decisions..

Yeah, it was a bit dull. Rampage was scared of Machida it seemed which is why there wasnt much action. But! Rampage is a counter striker, so without Machida taking action, Rampage had to stick to a game plan of 'waiting.'

Machida got aggressive in the 3rd with that flurry, but after watching the fight twice (and plenty of replays of that flurry on MMA Live on ESPN), I didnt see much get through. Rampage fired back, but with Machida closing the distance for a weak takedown, Rampages strikes went no where as well.

I got so giddy when Rampage set up that slam!

Machida IS overrated. Rampage just slightly won against him only because people are now familiar with Machida's "elusive"....no fuck that, his running away tactic and are no longer rewarding it.

Why do I say this? Cuz he has so many "decision" wins. In other words, he wins point-match fights, i.e., a karate tournament ala Karate Kid! Hes only recently started kicking it up a notch and when he got that bogus win over Shogun, he tried to finish it the 2nd time and got KOd.

Rampage, as dumb as his training camp is, KNEW Machida would pull this shit and dealt with it with just plain aggression. Now, youre gonna see every fighter fight Machida with the same pressure and some will get a KO while some may get KOd, but in the end, Machida will be deemed an average fighter (above average at best) and crystallize the "overrated" status.

Decisions equals overrated? I guess Edgar and Maynard are also overrated.

Funny how you say Machida is overrated yet Rampage barely eeked out a split decision win. Doesn't that mean that Rampage is also overrated?

Decisions equals overrated? I guess Edgar and Maynard are also overrated.

They are.

Funny how you say Machida is overrated yet Rampage barely eeked out a split decision win. Doesn't that mean that Rampage is also overrated?

Go count how many decisions each have then come back here to school me.

They are.

Go count how many decisions each have then come back here to school me.

WTF does a decision victory have to do with it?

Look at their respective records against current top-15 competition and then come back to me.

I dont have to look up anything, son. I got it all up up here in the ol' noggin.

There are fighters who fight to finish only running out of time and then there are fighters who do just enough to win in the allotted time. These fighters are Maynard, Edgar, and yep, you guessed it, Machida as the King of the Anti-climatic Castle.

Top 15 is not a good list. Shit, son, go Top 10 at best.

Last edited:
I dont have to look up anything, son. I got it all up up here in the ol' noggin.

There are fighters who fight to finish only running out of time and then there are fighters who do just enough to win in the allotted time. These fighters are Maynard, Edgar, and yep, you guessed it, Machida as the King of the Anti-climatic Castle.

Top 15 is not a good list. Shit, son, go Top 10 at best.

Then go top-10.

Rampage

Wins: Machida
Loses: Shogun, Rashad, Forrest

Machida
Wins: Rashad, Shogun
Loses: Shogun, Rampage

Machida's record is actually more impressive when you also consider wins over Franklin and Thiago Silva. Rampage has been a disappointment since he won the title against Chuck as he struggled with a MW and then lost as a heavy favorite to Forrest. Saying Machida is overrated is retarded since he has victories against the consensus top-2 LHW: Shogun and Rashad.

didn't sherdog have an article about this just recently? on how to rank machida, rampage, and rashad? machida is ranked higher because he has the most convincing victory (KO of rashad and narrow loss to rampage) compared to the other 2 fighters.

the monday morning quarterbacking of this fight is funny to me. it seems to be heaviest coming from guys who have never even stepped into a ring or cage. its funny how many guys train at my gym, but don't actually fight train. They treat it like a gold's or something. taking their shirts off and staring in the mirror for 20 min as they do 3 sets of 3 reps. grunting as loud as they can to draw attention to themselves. not realizing they look like total tools. why pay 80 dollars a month to stare at yourself in a mirror when you can do it for 18 at Gold's? anyways the monday after those fights the loudest guy talking machida/jackson was one of those guys. made me laugh.

IML Gear Cream!
Then go top-10.

Rampage

Wins: Machida
Loses: Shogun, Rashad, Forrest

Machida
Wins: Rashad, Shogun
Loses: Shogun, Rampage

Machida's record is actually more impressive when you also consider wins over Franklin and Thiago Silva. Rampage has been a disappointment since he won the title against Chuck as he struggled with a MW and then lost as a heavy favorite to Forrest. Saying Machida is overrated is retarded since he has victories against the consensus top-2 LHW: Shogun and Rashad.

It is not retarded and he is overrated. Youre not looking at the grand scheme of things.

First off, he did NOT win against Shogun either time. If you are going to hide behind a number because dumbass Cecil Peoples said so, then Ill take my booby prize right now cuz its a fleeting debate. I wont argue for argument's sakes.

Rashad has the next title shot only because he didnt lose his fight after he lost the title. The LHW division was on complete hiatus since Shogun's injury, so really, there is no other place to put Rashad OR Machida. The key is to look at this in the long run.

Machida was undefeated, piling up decisions, earning boring wins, victories nonetheless. However, anyone in their right mind can see how easy it would be to beat him so people starting doing homework. Honestly, I dont think Shogun did much homework at all, he just used distance and aggression as his age old weapons. Now that Rampage has defeated him with JUST aggression, youre gonna see Machida lose more fashionably OR change his game plan. This same track record happened to Chuck.

Rashad is kind of in the same boat as Machida as he had mostly decision wins until he started getting more aggresive. And whatdoyaknow, he got KOd after he started becoming entertaining. These are top tier fighters? Or top tier athletes?

I really cant see the "Machida being overrated is retarded" argument. I can see how people like him and say he still has a chance to be dominant. However, I dont think so, but he may for a bit. By a bit, I mean 1-2 fights until it becomes a landslide of losses. That means, hes overrated.

If we take your opinion and say he is rightly rated, then where is Jon Bones Jones? Is he highly rated? Well, that one Ill buy cuz he actually finishes fights. Shit, hed be 12-0 if it wasnt for his DQ. Now lets talk stats.. If Machida, whom has 9 decision wins (one that was bogus mind you) in 16 fights and Jones has 2 decision wins out of 11, who is a more definitive fighter? Hes hardly injured and he finishes fights, but Machida is ranked higher.

"Machida has fought better people"

Yeah? Like the aged Tito? Or the average Thiago? How about a lighter BJ? Rashad is really his best win and its only cause Rashad isnt as good at running as Machida is.

If they're so overrated, then what would your top-10 LHW list be?

I dont have time to get into it right now. But as of right now, to go along with my previous long post, Machida is in the top 10. But no, not in the top 5 and I doubt hell stay in the top 10. Dont forget about Strikeforce's roster.

I was 12 row. Sick. There's really no point in arguing about who is better. One thing for sure is that rampage had to follow machida around the whole fuckin fight. What if rampage fought like that? It woulda been the worst fight ever. Pretty pussy and cheap of machida

I dont have time to get into it right now. But as of right now, to go along with my previous long post, Machida is in the top 10. But no, not in the top 5 and I doubt hell stay in the top 10. Dont forget about Strikeforce's roster.
Their roster of Mousasi with no TD defense, a still green Lawal, and Feijao? Hendo and Babalu still have a name, but aren't top fighters anymore.

Their HW roster is impressive, but everything under is not.

the monday morning quarterbacking of this fight is funny to me. it seems to be heaviest coming from guys who have never even stepped into a ring or cage. its funny how many guys train at my gym, but don't actually fight train. They treat it like a gold's or something. taking their shirts off and staring in the mirror for 20 min as they do 3 sets of 3 reps. grunting as loud as they can to draw attention to themselves. not realizing they look like total tools. why pay 80 dollars a month to stare at yourself in a mirror when you can do it for 18 at Gold's? anyways the monday after those fights the loudest guy talking machida/jackson was one of those guys. made me laugh.

I've been training for 5 years now and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people have come and gone after a month or two.

There's actually one guy who got a fight by talking a vast amount of shit over at the MMA forum for TX, got his ass beat, and has all but disappeared.

I've been training for 5 years now and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people have come and gone after a month or two.

There's actually one guy who got a fight by talking a vast amount of shit over at the MMA forum for TX, got his ass beat, and has all but disappeared.

I love to see that. the thing is most fight guys are actually really chill. people always remember starting themselves so they like to kind of help out the new guys, but when guys come in and run their mouths about how they have "trained and fought in thailand" or know "so and so gracie" and can't back it up then its kind of fun to shut their mouth a bit.

I would love to train in thailand and am hoping to spend a month out there this summer, but when I get back I'm keeping that secret to myself. :D

I love to see that. the thing is most fight guys are actually really chill. people always remember starting themselves so they like to kind of help out the new guys, but when guys come in and run their mouths about how they have "trained and fought in thailand" or know "so and so gracie" and can't back it up then its kind of fun to shut their mouth a bit.

I would love to train in thailand and am hoping to spend a month out there this summer, but when I get back I'm keeping that secret to myself. :D

When I first showed up, I kept very quiet and only asked questions about positions and technique. My first sparring session was awful, but I needed that to get my head in the right spot. I'm usually one of the first guys to help out the new guys because I like to teach the sport and it really wasn't that long ago that I was in their shoes.

Was that the video where your friend planted a nice LHK and knocked his ass out? That was great. The best part about it was the camera called it before it happened. Your friend took a right leg lead and the camera man said, "he's setting up for a high kick" and bam, LHK, lights out.

That's hardcore. I've always had some desire to train MT on the beachfront forrests of Thailand.

Back