• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

California woman sues Google Maps over Park City walking directions

Is this woman a moron?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No, absolutely not.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Maaaaaybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need more data before drawing a conclusion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (expand in thread)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
California woman sues Google Maps over Park City walking directions

Published: Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SALT LAKE CITY — A federal complaint has been filed against Internet giant Google by a California woman who claims she was following directions from Google Maps when she was struck by a car in Park City.

Lauren Rosenberg, of Los Angeles, is seeking more than $100,000 in damages for "severe permanent physical, emotional, and mental injuries" she sustained in a Jan. 9, 2009 accident while walking along Deer Valley Drive. In the complaint, she states that she got "walking directions" from Google Maps to an address on Prospector Avenue in Park City that took her to Deer Valley Drive, or state Route 224.

While on the roadway — which she describes as "a rural highway with no sidewalks, and a roadway that exhibits motor vehicles traveling at high speeds, that is not reasonably safe for pedestrians" — the woman was struck by a vehicle.

She claims Patrick Harwood was speeding and failed to pay attention and maintain control of his vehicle. She then states in the complaint that Google was "careless, reckless and negligent" when it provided directions that she feels were unsafe.

In the complaint, the woman says Google failed to warn her of the dangers of the roadway. In addition to asking for general damages, the woman is asking that the defendants pay her medical expenses, her attorney's fees and for the earnings she lost while recovering from the accident.
— Emiley Morgan

Bet you a $100 she wins....fucking litigious society....

Maybe not unless they just put this warning up after this suit....

Walking directions are in beta.
Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.

The directions they gave me to walk to work lead me right through a bad part of town.....hmmmm how many thuggish friends can I hire to mug me?

This is almost worse than Lindsay Lohans recent lawsuit. This woman is retarded. Who gets on a street, looks and goes 'oh jee, "a rural highway with no sidewalks, and a roadway that exhibits motor vehicles traveling at high speeds, that is not reasonably safe for pedestrians" And then keeps walking? She was asking to get hit.
And where is her proof that she got hit because of walking directions? She seems retarded enough so that she probably didn't even click the right icon and ended up with driving or motorcycle directions or something.
And aren't all the Google map directions calculated by some big computer somewhere, or with some type of web program thing? I have gotten directions from there with incorrect street names before. I didn't sue them for the extra half a gallon of gas we used going the wrong way.

Last edited:
That's total BS. She's suing a map because she's an idiot. She better not get any money. Google better not settle out of court. This seriously pisses me off. Like that cvnt that sued McDonald's because she spilled the coffee on herself and it was too hot.

I didn't sue them for the extra half a gallon of gas we used going the wrong way.

I'm giving you the go ahead for a lawsuit. You must not let injustice prevail

Maybe not unless they just put this warning up after this suit....

Walking directions are in beta.
Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.

They already do have a warning. The bitch said that she used her Blackberry, which didn't have the warning...except that it does. The cunt just missed it.

Why, oh why, wasn't she killed? It's people like her that force us to be put warnings on everything.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm suing Rand Mcnally....I was tracking our progress from Hawaii to Australia on a globe and when we crossed the Equator I ran outside and didn't see the blue line they depicted on the globe, I was pissed....

I can't believe this dumb cunt is actually going to try and sue google. I am going to hate google for a little while if the settle with this stupid bitch.

Everyone I know is saying what an idiot, but somehow out of the millions of us who all think she is fucking stupid, they will find the 12 jurors who agree that it's Googles fault....what they say must be true "that those 12 people are the only ones not smart enough to get out of being there...."

Be afraid.

I'm certain that Google is the real-life 'Skynet' and once it becomes self aware we're f*cked. This could be an early build of Google's AI testing how easy it is to dispatch humans. Don't believe me? Look it up, Google does nothing but acquire data/software that makes it easier to monitor and follow humans (they have their own satellite pointed at Earth for crying out loud,) as well as some scarier things like partnerships with NASA, Microsoft, and even NORAD! It's also creating it's own wind farms to power itself once more people see what I see and try to 'unplug' Google.

Time to stock up on water, food, and ammo.

This reminds me of the stupid lawsuit a while back where the guy burned himself on a hot cup of coffee at McDonalds. It's fucking HOT coffee you dumbass. They settled and I am certain that Google will needlessly settle as well.

You obviously don't know the whole story behind that lawsuit. I hate frivious lawsuits as much as the next common sense guy, but this was a good lawsuit.

McDonald's had been warned numerous times that the coffee was too hot as set by federal law. It was so hot that the woman suffered first and second degree burns. However, that wasn't the real problem here.

The real problem was McDonald's attitude. The woman gets first and second degree burns on her legs and groin, and McDonald's was like, "So what? Coffee is hot." It was that blasé attitude that brought both the lawsuit and the high financial penalty. The woman asked for a couple of 10's of thousands (I think) to cover medial costs and pain & suffering. It was the judge that was incensed on McDonald's "We don't give a shit" attitude that prompted him to push the figure to 2.9 million dollars.

There are a great many frivolous lawsuits, but that's not one of them.

Here's a great page on the topic.

And I quote:

McDonalds coffee was not only hot, it was scalding -- capable of almost instantaneous destruction of skin, flesh and muscle.

Be afraid.

I'm certain that Google is the real-life 'Skynet' and once it becomes self aware we're f*cked. This could be an early build of Google's AI testing how easy it is to dispatch humans. Don't believe me? Look it up, Google does nothing but acquire data/software that makes it easier to monitor and follow humans (they have their own satellite pointed at Earth for crying out loud,) as well as some scarier things like partnerships with NASA, Microsoft, and even NORAD! It's also creating it's own wind farms to power itself once more people see what I see and try to 'unplug' Google.

Time to stock up on water, food, and ammo.

Sh sh sh shut the fuhhhhck up. Thats the stupidest thing I've heard ever.

Back